• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could the legendary pokemon take on the u.s military?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    ...And all it takes is a few rounds of 5.56, a round of 7.62 from an unnoticed sniper, or one solid shot of 12 gauge buckshot at close range to end all of those examples. Most SWAT teams have that equipment on hand as is.

I think it would be interesting to see a soldier shoot straight during an earthquake, or through a giant wall of water.

You kind of missed my point entirely, which was that the Pokemon world has far greater powers than any gun or man-made bomb. Though if you're really interested in playing with the semantic details of it, then there are quite a few Pokemon that would be completely unaffected by bullets by virtue of their thick skins alone. The entire Rhyhorn family, Nidoking/queen, Onix and Steelix, Cloyster, Foretress, Tentacool and Tentacruel just to name a few.

And if those Pokemon are just the regular workaday variety, can you imagine what a Legendary would do to the poor guys?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I think it would be interesting to see a soldier shoot straight during an earthquake, or through a giant wall of water.

You kind of missed my point entirely, which was that the Pokemon world has far greater powers than any gun or man-made bomb. Though if you're really interested in playing with the semantic details of it, then there are quite a few Pokemon that would be completely unaffected by bullets by virtue of their thick skins alone. The entire Rhyhorn family, Nidoking/queen, Onix and Steelix, Cloyster, Foretress, Tentacool and Tentacruel just to name a few.

And if those Pokemon are just the regular workaday variety, can you imagine what a Legendary would do to the poor guys?
    Right, Pokémon have powers that are not comparable to our own capabilities. Like he already pointed out in a previous post, even a few psychic or ghost Pokémon wouldn't have any trouble with taking out the military, with their hypnosis and dream eater, teleport, etc; those are all things that are way beyond what we are capable of. Let alone a Legendary.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Would be interesting and hilarious to see them get attacked by many Garchomp who are simultaneously using Draco Meteor...and Garchomp isn't even a legendary.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    If Arceus was almost defeated in the 12 movie by some guy in olden times, what makes you think he would stand a chance against modern a day military?

Not saying that it would be a clean kill, I do believe that the Pokemon would do a lot of damage, but I don't think we would lose the battle. If the Pokemon was smart and its shields could withstand any impact and he teleportted a lot then the battle might drag out, but I still think the military would win in the end.

Back