• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could this be ... -GASP- ... my first decent team!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    I'm a really bad team-builder and my teams have even been beaten by even NU-teams! But when I tried out this team I managed to beat half of his team (it was Weavile, Metagross, and some other tough pokemon I can't remember) and I was all like "OHMYGOSH!" Needless to say that's the closest I've ever got to winning so yeah. Anyway rate this team and suggest any changes.

Raichu
    Lv: 100
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Focus Sash
    Move #1: Encore
    Move #2: Grass Knot
    Move #3: Nasty Plot
    Move #4: Thunderbolt

Let me attempt to use vocabulary for pokemon teams. Okay. Soooo, Raichu will often start off with Encore to trap any pokemon trying to raise any stats. That way, due to his cardboard-stat, he can start setting up. (Smogon-stealer. Sorry ...) Grass Knot is there for taking down any beasts like Rampardos or Steelix or Golem. Nasty Plot used to raise his average stat for special defense and then attack with Thunderbolt. Also, this is STAB. Isn't that right?

Blissey (Shiny)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    Held Item: Leftovers (SO IT CAN GET FAT)
    Move #1: Aromentherapy
    Move #2: Ice Beam
    Move #3: Toxic
    Move #4: Softboiled
    I pretty much stole this from Smogon. (I forgot to say this for Raichu too) But, they had just such good movesets! BUT I DID NOT BASE THE ENTIRE TEAM OFF SMOGON JUST THE IMPORTANT PEOPLE. Anyway, she serves as my cleric. Aromentherapy is there for obvious reason. Ice Beam for her high (Or average) spc. attack and Toxic for coverage. Softboiled is there for obvious reasons too. My pink special wall. :D

Ninjask
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Nature: Adamant
    Held Item: Focus Sash
    Move #1: Baton Pass
    Move #2: Slash
    Move #3: Substitute
    Move #4: X-Scissor

My Baton Passer. He uses substitute to protect himself and MIGHT pass it to someone else. Slash for critical-hit ratio, and X-Scissor for STAB coverage. I THINK. Anyway, speed boost really helps ... DUN DUN DUNNN ...

RAMPARDOS (SHINY AND ALSO A BEAST)
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Held Item: Liechi Berry
    Move #1: Crunch
    Move #2: Head Smash
    Move #3: Stone Edge
    Move #4: Zen Headbutt

Again. A few moves were taken from Smogon besides Head Smash and Crunch. Anyway. This dude is a beast. A Physical-Sweeper as I should say. I keep people busy with Crunch, Zen Headbutt, and Stone Edge. If the opposing pokemon holds up a fight with full health, then it's Head-Smashing time! This especially helps with the Liechi Berry if he ever gets really beaten.

Snorlax
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Nature: Bashful (I know it doesn't help any of his stats, but all of his stats are very needed)
    Held Item: Shell Bell
    Move #1: Body Slam
    Move #2: Fire Punch
    Move #3: Sleep Talk
    Move #4: Rest

This is Snorlax. My adorable fatty. (I'm a guy, by the way) I start off with Body Slam, then follow up with a Rest due to recoil damage. I then keep the target busy with Sleep Talk, Fire Punching (which could cause a burn) and BodySlamming them to the moon. Anyway, I guess Ninjask could baton pass, as a reference to its Speed Boost, to Snorlax but I don't really see a need for that. And since we're talking about Ninjask's special ablity another person that could be helped by it is ...

Swampert! (MY FIRST POKEMON EVER. AND YES I PLAYED SAPPHIRE FIRST. BUT TECHNICALLY I PLAYED YELLOW FIRST BUT NEVER FINISHED THE GAME)
    Ability: Torrent
    Held Item: Damp Rock?
    Move #1: Aqua Tail
    Move #2: Hammer Arm
    Move #3: Ice Punch
    Move #4: Rain Dance

My sexy swampert. :D I love this guy (the only second to him is Raichu, I LOVE YOU TOO RAICHU). Aqua Tail for STAB, along with his decent attack stat. Hammer Arm and Ice Punch for his attack stat too. Rain Dance is there to help Raichu (If he ever survives during the battle for his Thunderbolt) Anyway. MY BEAUTIFUL SWAMPERT, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN.

And there you have it!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Please include the EV spreads that's an essential part of an RMT. Also include what items they are holding. All compeitive Pokemon all Level 100 save Little Cups so that's redundant.

Anyways Ninjask wants to be in the lead so and he wants Protect/Swords Dance/Baton Pass/X-Scissor and holding a Focus Sash. Also lack of Stealth Rock support will hurt you put it on Swapert or something. The Curse set or RestTalk set are Snorlax's only good sets. Rampardos isn't very good unless you're BPing Swords Dance to him from Ninjask.

There's so many other things too but I'll let others point them out.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    btw, Snorlax doesn't need his special attack stat so you can have Adamant or Careful over his Bashful nature =D

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Also use Waterfall instead of Aqua Tail on Swampert. The flinch hax with 10 lower BP is better than Aqua Tail's 90 accuracy. You could Aromatherapy on Blissey but she generally wants Seismic Toss instead. On a cleric set she should be WishPassing as well.

Fiore

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    Raichu
    Ability: Static
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Focus Sash
    Move #1: Encore
    Move #2: Grass Knot
    Move #3: Nasty Plot
    Move #4: Thunderbolt

Blissey (Shiny)
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    Held Item: Leftovers (SO IT CAN GET FAT)
    Move #1: Aromentherapy
    Move #2: Ice Beam/Seismic Toss
    Move #3: Toxic/Thunder Wave
    Move #4: Softboiled

Ninjask
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Held Item: Focus Sash
    Move #1: Baton Pass
    Move #2: Slash/Swords Dance
    Move #3: Substitute
    Move #4: X-Scissor

Sorry I only have time to do a few, I hope this helps. I will come back with mnore suggestions later! :D

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    No, no, no Blissey wants Calm.

No, no, no...Blissey actually wants Bold nature in most cases. In today's metagame she can handle all the common special threats without significant EV investment. The defense boost from a Bold nature is way more beneficial. Calm is outdated honestly, all the special threats that have a chance of hitting through Bold Bliss are very outdated and rarely seen.

Back