• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

COULD THIS BE THE ULTIMATE TEAM????!

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I dont know about ultimate, but its pretty darn good, you should join chibay's pokemon league.

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
    It looks like you took some pokémon from other threads, took some moves, and threw in whatever you felt like. But that's just me. And Heal Bell on Blissey? Here's a something that might help Blissey

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    Moves:

Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Ice Beam / Thunder Wave

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There is NO such thing as "the Ultimate Team". Get the silly little notion out of your head this instant.

Like I'm not a noob said (which is ironically a very noobish name), it looks like you took six Pokemon from Smogon analyses and put them into a team.

An Infernape or enemy Electivire can easily make short work of your team, since you rely so much on SkarmBliss to wall. Cresselia takes care of both of those and could be a replacement for Jirachi, since it learns Reflect as well.

Nasty Plot Azelf and Porygon-Z threaten to destroy your entire team (including Blissey). I would look into Calm Mind Bliss to solve those problems.

Does your Shiny Gyarados have good IVs? Good IVs > Shininess any day of the week.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Aragorn, I have a question. Considering you're the mod and all you sound like a really good trainer so tell me this. If that shiny had pretty good IVs vs. a normal pokemon with even better IVs, who do you take? Maybe try some more surprises in your movesets since this team is rather predictable no offense, just very standardish, especially Skarmbliss.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    It looks like you took some pokémon from other threads, took some moves, and threw in whatever you felt like. But that's just me. And Heal Bell on Blissey? Here's a something that might help Blissey

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    Moves:

Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Ice Beam / Thunder Wave

Heal Bell works the same way as Aromatherapy. Soundproof abilities don't hamper it since it's not targeting the opponent.

And yeah, I did follow the exact suggestions posted on smogon. I think that smogon is the best source of information for competitive play, that's why I used their analyses.

Does your Shiny Gyarados have good IVs? Good IVs > Shininess any day of the week.

My shiny gyarados has good IVs but not phenomenal. Heh, it's already painstaking enough to get a Shiny Gyarados w/ Adamant nature.

Nasty Plot Azelf and Porygon-Z threaten to destroy your entire team (including Blissey). I would look into Calm Mind Bliss to solve those problems.

Well I think NP azelf & porygon-z are threats to pretty much any team.

Azelf will need more than one nasty plot to OHKO blissey. And by the time azelf has enough power to kill blissey, it's just get asleep via Sing. Same thing applies for porygon-z unless the opponent is bold enough to pack Hyper Beam on it.

An Infernape or enemy Electivire can easily make short work of your team, since you rely so much on SkarmBliss to wall. Cresselia takes care of both of those and could be a replacement for Jirachi, since it learns Reflect as well.

So you're saying Cresselia can replace Skarmbliss and jirachi, right? I don't think there's a single-pokemon replacement for two of the best walls in the game. Wouldn't leaving either skarm or blissey out leave a giant hole in the team?

Salamence can wall off Infernape and suppress it's sweeping power. And I could predict an opponent Electivire's electric attack and bring in electivire to absorb it.

Don't forget jirachi's tanking abilities as well. With reflect on, it can survive a Choice band Earthquake from an arena trap Dugtrio. But the main reason for selecting jirachi was for wishpassing. Doesn't my team need a wishpasser to heal up a weakened sweeper?

Aragorn, I have a question. Considering you're the mod and all you sound like a really good trainer so tell me this. If that shiny had pretty good IVs vs. a normal pokemon with even better IVs, who do you take? Maybe try some more surprises in your movesets since this team is rather predictable no offense, just very standardish, especially Skarmbliss.

Well there's a reason why they're standard/OU. Plus, heh, I got unorthodox ways of fooling my opponents into thinking, for example, my salamence is a physical sweeper or my electivire is choice-banded...lol is that enough for unpredictability?

Last edited:

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    My Blissey:

Blissey @ Leftovers

Bold Nature

Softboiled
    Aromatherapy
    Calm Mind
    Ice Beam/Seismic Toss

That's what mine looks like. I didn't add its EV's cuz I'm too lazy. And there is no Ultimate Team; just n00bs with a bunch of crappy legends that aren't even trained properly who think they're unbeatable. I'm not saying you're a n00b but, NO ULTIMATE TEAMS, kay?

No critiques on meh Blissey, thanks. @_@

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Big Weakness to Ice/Ground types.

Mamoswine can sweep through most of your team

"Big" weakness? Only my salamence is weak to ice and its weaknesses are all covered by Jirachi. I have 3 pokemon immune to ground types, how is that a big weakness?

Salamence can hydro pump/flamethrower on mamoswine (mence can survive an ice shard on full hp) and Gyarados can waterfall mamoswine.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Mamoswine will sweep through them all 4. Thats what dead means.

And you have no walls for Mamoswine as all its Ice Attacks are normal effective on Gyarados and Skarmory.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Mamoswine will sweep through them all 4. Thats what dead means.

And you have no walls for Mamoswine as all its Ice Attacks are normal effective on Gyarados and Skarmory.

Most of them can outrun mamoswine. And skarmory can wall against neutral/uneffective physical attacks.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

If you have such confidence in your team, it would be nice if you could go through a counters list for us.

Slowbro
    Gengar
    Weezing
    Starmie
    Gyarados
    Aerodactyl
    Dragonite
    Heracross
    Skarmory
    Donphan
    Blissey
    Suicune