• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Couple of DVD Questions

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Hey guys, long time no see. I've got into collecting DVDs recently and I've made it my goal to collect all the cartoons I used to enjoy as a kid. A recent situation led me to get the first DVD collector's box set for dirt cheap, and I've been taking a trip down memory lane with Ash and friends ever since. I have a few questions about this release, I'd very much appreciate some answers from those in the know.

First of all, I'm thrilled that Pokemon is getting a solid DVD release, but I noticed that there's a big gap in the box set releases. Where's Jhoto? Sure I can collect singles, but I'd much rather have them in a matching box set to set next to the others, not to mention how pricey it would be at 3eps per disc. Has anybody heard any rumblings of a pending Jhoto Adventures Box Set? Now would be a perfect time to release them seeing as how they're doing the whole G/S remakes. Also, where's Pokemon Chronicles? I remember quite a few enjoyable episodes from that series. Especially the ones with "Jimmy" and Raikou. To have a Jhoto box set and a Chronicles box set would be perfect. I don't care about the Hoenn and Sinnoh arcs of the anime, I just want my Jhoto.

Also, I'm having some issues with my first disc. It seems to want to go back to the second episode after each episode finished, and the episode selection is completely out of wack. I found a backwards convoluted way to navigate the menus to see all of the episodes, but I'd like to know if this isn't an issue with other sets so that I can decide on whether or not to return it. For $15 it's not a big deal, but I don't want a defective product if I can help it.

Also, what's with 8/9 Episodes per disc? Apparently VIZ isn't very concerned about the quality of the picture.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Johto doesn't have a Box Set. I would expect Johto Box Sets to be released depending where the animé goes in terms of location after Sinnoh or to be released along the HeartGold and SoulSilver releases. If they return to Johto, then I can see Johto being re-released but until then I doubt much news will be announced since I think they're still trying to sell those Pokémon Element DVDs.

I don't know anything about the Chronicles DVDs besides the fact that they were never released in America and that they were released in England and maybe Australia. Also, if you have problems woth your DVDs, then you should see someone about that since that doesn't happen to anyone I know. Anyway, about the 8/9 episodes per disc, don't question VIZ Media about their releases. Seriously. They still sell Naruto Shippûden in single discs instead of Box Sets. I have to check if they released a Box Set yet. Their ways confuse me either way.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    I don't know anything about the Chronicles DVDs besides the fact that they were never released in America and that they were released in England and maybe Australia..
    England, im sure I had it and I live in Wales. So you mean UK not England.

Anyway, about the 8/9 episodes per disc, don't question VIZ Media about their releases. Seriously. They still sell Naruto Shippûden in single discs instead of Box Sets. I have to check if they released a Box Set yet. Their ways confuse me either way.
    Yes Viz are annoying and they will sell Naruto Shippuden single dvd until whenever the do the boxsets but they are re releasesing Naruto season and the arto work is all wrong because Viz thinkg every 52 episode is a Season so Season 1 and 2 to them is Season 1 Vol.1/2

I hope Johto will be re-released as they only have done them in volumes years ago same with Johto Journeys.
    Season 5 is out on 2 box sets not sure if they are going to re-release this as its one of the first ones of there box sets, so might be harder to get.
    Season 6 is also out on 2 box sets but they totaly skipped Season 7/8 box sets but have season 9 and Season 10 and currently on 11 at the moment.

Back