• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Couple of questions ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelbenson

*Poke* ..... its glass ^_^
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Well another holiday and another unwitting retreit to the fortune time consuming Pokemon games. This time though all isnt going too swimmingly, firstly i am looking for a couple of Heart Scale for the Move Tutor to complete his collection, (cant he collect something easier to obtain, a Poke Ball would do just fine for me!), i'll checked around a couple of cities such as Mauville where they are supposed to be, and clicked around like a mad dog, A, A, A, A, A, good-**** you Heart Scales!! So can anyone help me out?

And finally, GameShark programs, i see these codes all over the place, along side Action Reply codes and was wondering how do i attain a program which allows me to implement these codes into my GBA. Checking out my good friend Amazon all i get are GameShark programs for Playstations and Gameboy Colors; not what i was looking for.

Well nice forum you guys have got here, glad to see Pokemon is still going strong after dipping from its reletive hayday; cant wait for the new releases :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    For your GBA code problem, codesd can only be used through a cheating device, not a program (unless you're using a emulator, and if you are and are also using VGBA as your emulator, there's already a cheating thingy included with it).

Since you're using GBA, the Action Replay is your best choice. The Gameshark GBA is outdated. There's a Gameshark SP, but like it's name says, its for the SP only.

Try Outpost.com (that's Fry's Electronics online store) and they will definately have it.

michaelbenson

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Thanks for all your quick replies. Regarding the Gameshark and Action Reply i dont have a preference and probally never will, but i am assuming that both will provide a feature to input your own codes. Is one device more popular and code-filled than the other?

Also regarding Luvdisc is the pokemon catchable via a rod, surfing around, or by diving into the area registered in the Pokedex?

Years
    Concerning Heart Scales: They can also be found in random Dive spots around Mossdeep and Sootopolis; look for a discoloured spot on the bottom. (You'll find a lot of Shards and Pearl/Star items this way too.) Also check blank squares in the middle of seaweed patches, and the rocks in the deep trenches.

~ Saphy ~

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    In my opinion, the AR is less problematic if you can follow directions. I've tried to help people with a GSSP in the past and most of them had problems using the codes and getting them to work the first time. But that was like last year when I last bothered to help a person with a GSSP. I don't know if the GSSP had been improved or if MadCatz has actually made codes that actually work properly and easily now.

Whatever the case, my opinion can be considered outdated if the GSSP has been improved.

00Zero

banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2006
    very true gameshark is a problamtic so AR is better but at gameshark.com really helped me with the codes! I really reccomend you use AR becuase Gameshark has never worked to me since the 2nd time I have used it!Also the heart scale is found off a luvdisc most of them come with an item and thall probably be it but you can get the luvdisc or hear scale off a gameshark for GBA and GBA SP

michaelbenson

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Thanks for your diving tips, i'll give them a whirl now. Got a couple of heart scales from some Luvdisc too, (makes you feel almost defloated when they dont hold the item, sigh, another worthless pokemon caught).

00Zero

banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2006
    michaelbenson said:
    Thanks for your diving tips, i'll give them a whirl now. Got a couple of heart scales from some Luvdisc too, (makes you feel almost defloated when they dont hold the item, sigh, another worthless pokemon caught).
    You doubled your post with the same thing!

michaelbenson

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Maxie said:
    You doubled your post with the same thing!
    Yeah, sorry about that, i received a message saying page could not be found. Probally some weird error regarding vBulletin, or probally, (and more likely) just my computer. Delete if neccessary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back