• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CP Potential

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    So I have 3 Bulbasaurs, 2 with the same CP and 1 with a little less.

Bulba1 and Bulba2 both have the same CP, but Bulba2 has more HP and a higher CP potential while being slightly smaller in size.

Bulba3 has a lesser CP potential than both Bulba1 and Bulba2. Bulba3 however, is XS in both weight and height. But everything I have read so far suggests that size of a monster only affects its HP.

Does size have anything to do with a monster's CP potential? Does anyone have a definitive answer?

CP PotentialCP PotentialCP Potential

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Size no but I'm pretty sure level does. If you are a higher level you have a much better chance to catch a stronger pokemon so the ones you catch at low levels are not worth doing anything more then evolving with. Think you start getting able to get to 1k cp at level 10

Years
  • Holy crap you have a ton of dust haha!

Back on topic: where do you see CP potential?

He's referring to the "curve"; how far along the CP is on the allotted curve.

OP, you should be going for Bulba 2. I haven't seen anything suggesting size makes a difference for CP.

Love_Fight_Repeat

*Having_Fun*
    Years
  • For me it has been that CP Potential grows as the trainer levels up. I want to suggest evolving Bulba2 and Bulba3 to see how their Ivysaurs match up but that may be too much of a waste of Bulbasaur candies for you? This is interesting.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Can I ask you in what kind of area you found bulbasaurs, as I haven't found one. The only starter I seem to find once in a while are squirtles. haven't seen a pikachu or charmender either.

Years
  • Can I ask you in what kind of area you found bulbasaurs, as I haven't found one. The only starter I seem to find once in a while are squirtles. haven't seen a pikachu or charmender either.

Best way to get starters seems to be from eggs.

With that said, I've found several Pikachu in just random forest/woodland.

Years
  • Problem is that those kind of places here are empty of pokemon.

Ah. Hmm...Well the same location-type concepts should be true for the starters. So, I don't really have anywhere nearby that I've found to grab Fire types reliably, but if you do--look there for Charmander. Just like you've probably been finding Squirtle because you're near enough to some water.

Back