• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create Your Own Gym Leaders, E4 and Champion

I is this thread to complicated?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • It Depends...

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Gonna break your rules, but I don't have any sprites or maps for you. I'm also barely interested in the games at this point.

Gym's name is in a city in the middle of the desert, near an oasis. The gym leader specializes in Grass-type Pokemon. The team I made is more anime (if-Pokemon-were-real) style. As the final gym in the area, the gym battle is a grueling 5v5 battle in double battle form. The gym leader uses an array of defensive tactics to overcome his foe.

The first two Pokemon synergize to defeat any enemy it is faced against. Claydol knows Light Screen, Rapid Spin, Confusion, and Hyper Beam while Cradily knows Barrier, Mirror Coat, Solarbeam, and Ancientpower. The leader's strategy is to charge up Cradily's Solarbeam while Claydol defends it with Light Screen and redirects Physical attacks with Confusion. After Cradily fires its attack, Claydol follows up with Hyper Beam. While Claydol is recovering, Cradily uses Barrier and Mirror Coat to defend it.

Other combos include using Confusion to bend special attacks into Cradily's Mirror Coat, using Confusion to immobilize an enemy so Cradily's Solarbeam hits, using Ancientpower to lift boulders to block attacks, using Rapid Spin to block attacks, etc.

After the first two have fallen, the second phase of the battle begins. The leader starts with Hippowdon and Gligar. Hippowdon knows Dig, Sandstorm, Stone Edge, and Rock Tomb. Gligar knows Poison Sting, Harden, Faint Attack, and Quick Attack. During this fight, the gym leader uses Hippowdon's Dig and Gligar's Sand Veil ability to avoid attacks. The first move is a quick Dig attack by Hippowdon -- it remains submerged for the majority of the battle and sand continues to spew out of the hole where it came from. Gligar on the other hand, hides in the sand and bombards the foe with its speedy attacks. When in a sticky situation, Gligar can Harden and Hippowdon can reemerge with a quick blow from underground (and then hide again).

Once Gligar falls, Vibrava is sent out. It knows Sand Tomb, Sonicboom, Dragonbreath, and Hyper Beam. At first, the battle seems similar, with Hippowdon remaining underground while Vibrava hides in the sand. However, this is all only a ruse to trick the contestant. When they try to take out Vibrava, it fights back with an intense repertoire of ranged attacks, augmented by the flowing Sandstorm. It can gather the sand in the air for a Sand Tomb attack and then combine it with Dragonbreath to incinerate the foe. Finally, it uses Sonicboom to deliver the last blow. All the while, Hippowdon wreaks havoc on the ground with Dig, rising up, attacking with Stone Edge, and then burrowing. Hippowdon can also incapacitate an enemy using Rock Tomb so Vibrava does not have too much on its plate.

The leader forfeits once both Gligar and Vibrava are defeated.

Cool xD
    Can you do sprties and maps if not just PM me and I'll putyou on the list so you don't have to do them.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I DONT RECKON ITS FAIR THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS COPYING YOU WITH THIS CREATE YOUR ELITE 4 AND ECT.

>: (
    >:(
    >:(

Thank you 'I am Very Pokemon.' But even though what you have posted is supportive yet very opinionated the threads you say that copy me are actually quite different to mine.
    Also this post unfortunately has no relevance to the main topic of this thread I have created, so please post text that has at least some relevance to the topic.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    THREAD NOTE:
    Okay so this thread has not been updated for a while.
    I have putn alot of effort into this workspace and many others have as well so please try and update it ASAP.
    Thanks again!
    -GPC

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    Sorry, no sprites - I am currently developing a hack in its early stages in which there are no typed gyms, just gyms with different characteristics. For example- Miriam, the first gym leader, uses cute pokemon, whilst Edgar uses plain pokemon. Their category corresponds to their badge, eg cute badge, plain badge etc. I think its a good idea (well I would, wouldn't I) but the hack is still in its early stages and needs a lot of developing! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back