• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creepy...

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Last month, I was leaving my room when I saw the a part of the wall in my bathroom glow in the dark...When I opened the lights, there was nothing there. At first, I thought it was the window, since there's a small window just above the part that was glowing. So I put up the curtains, but it was still glowing...0_0 I was seriously creeped out. I asked my brother, but he could see it too. It was just weird.
    Does anybody have any ideas about why the wall was glowing?

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Last month, I was leaving my room when I saw the a part of the wall in my bathroom glow in the dark...When I opened the lights, there was nothing there. At first, I thought it was the window, since there's a small window just above the part that was glowing. So I put up the curtains, but it was still glowing...0_0 I was seriously creeped out. I asked my brother, but he could see it too. It was just weird.
    Does anybody have any ideas about why the wall was glowing?
    I rather don't want to talk about this, but there are bugs, called silfurskotur in Icelandic, I'm no English expert so I can give you an English name, so let's hope someone recognizes the description, but the live in vet rooms, such as bathrooms, the live under floor tiles, in the dark, the come out to search for food, the glow in the dark and they are fast, when you turn on the light the all run back to there hiding place, most likely under the floor, or some hole.

They mainly live in old buildings, I saw some on a school trip, I freaked, I made a boy, who made fun of me for freaking out, switch rooms with me.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Alright I went to my Grandparents house 2 years ago. I don't speak of this incidence much, and there house was relatively new. But everynight I went to sleep, I would wake up to find under the bed glowing green, I never bothered to look.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I had this in our upstairs washroom. The glow was made all the more creepy because it happened to be shaped like a guy getting hanged.

Just...dust up. Not sure what, but something, somewhere, somehow was causing the light to act weird. Dusted and vacuumed all over (even light bulbs) and I got rid of whatever was doing it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Well actually...it stopped. But a week later, it glowed again. Now it stopped again. And I don't think it's the bugs because the floor is made of stone.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Tons of things glow under blacklight, including a lot of common detergents, cleansers, minerals, dyes and pigments.
    Laundry detergent has a TON of fluorescent dye in it, to make colors seem like they're fading more slowly.
    Your walls especially would appear bright because of the pigments in the (I'm guessing white) paint.
    Many white paints are designed to emit blue light in the presence of UV and near-UV in order to appear
    whiter in the yellowish light of ordinary tungsten bulbs.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    But that all the walls are the same, and only one part of one glows...

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    0_0 That would be weird...besides, I don't think we put cleanser...even if we did, wouldn't it be strange if it was only on a single part of the wall?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • 0_0 That would be weird...besides, I don't think we put cleanser...even if we did, wouldn't it be strange if it was only on a single part of the wall?

It wouldn't be that weird. The chemicals would be emitting the glow.
    So, where ever there are chemicals, there will be glowing.
    Where ever there are not chemicals, there won't be glowing.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    The wall glows green though...and it isn't that bright, it's rather pale...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You have little psycho killer aliens plotting on u in there my friend. If I were u I would get them before they get u.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Last month, I was leaving my room when I saw the a part of the wall in my bathroom glow in the dark...When I opened the lights, there was nothing there. At first, I thought it was the window, since there's a small window just above the part that was glowing. So I put up the curtains, but it was still glowing...0_0 I was seriously creeped out. I asked my brother, but he could see it too. It was just weird.

Why don't you check it out? It might be a fairy or Goddess who is in love with you [and of course I don't believe such things. xD].

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Have you tried putting your hand over it?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lick it before Lighting closes this thread. Does it taste green? No, really jut put your hand over it and see f its outside light, a chemical glowing, or worms in the wall(eww gross).

天照

Nicku
    Years
  • Poke it with a stick, that's what I would do.
    →*Nod nod* And run VERY fast if it starts to move toward you, and/or says something, and/or attacks you. And if it doesn't do anything, try to poke it harder, or throw food at it.

But ... Seriously, I don't think it's anything to worry about. My computer a little in dark too even though it's turned off and there's no light it can reflect.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • Well, in my bathroom, smaller siblings of mine stick glow in the dark fish stickers beside the postman pat toy postbox. hope it helps! although, probably not :)

Back