• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Cries gone mute all of a sudden

ScraggyKing20

electivire deserves better
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Hi! I just wanted to know why after importing some cries into my ROM hack, the cry doesn't even play and it's just pure silence, and I also noticed a random Pokémon (To be more specific, Xatu) also lost its cry :/

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

EDIT: I found a great tool that helps me change cries. So far, the cries are sounding very distorted but I'll see about that in a bit

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • You probably overwrote some of the cries by inserting a cry that was too big.

ScraggyKing20

electivire deserves better
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    You probably overwrote some of the cries by inserting a cry that was too big.

I looked into the matter a bit and I found out I could try and repoint the cry using a Hex Editor.

Using multiple tutorials, I could not manage to make the cry play, and I even tried to use Shiny Quagsire's Cry Pointer Repointer but it would only show up as an "attachment.php" file, thus making it unable to be downloaded (at least for me anyways)

Any program I can use to repoint cries or a tutorial that can maybe help me with this problem? Thanks :D

Last edited:
    Back