• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crosell Pixel-Art: Fakemon Sprites.

Years
  • I'll be showing some of my Pixel-Art in here.
    Everything I made is 100% scratch, and if you want to use it, ask for my permission and credit me, that's pretty much all.

Link to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeDutchCoast

Check out my channel for recent and newest sprites!

FakeDex
    Spoiler:

Fakemon!

Firebearlogo3.png

Starter: Fire, set 1 and 2.

Background7.png

Stantler Pre Evolution.

Background3.png

Dunsparce Evolution.

Background25.png

Velocoraptor Fakemon.

Background9.png

T-Rex Fakemon.

Giantbckground.png

Eeveelution: Ghost Type.

GiantbckgroundRobot.png

Giant Spider Robot: Made for youtube contest.

BackgroundDragoon.png

The Biggest, Baddest, Dragon Sprite Types:
    Fire Grass Water

And that was pretty much most of my better recent work, hope you all like it!

Last edited:
    Years
  • A few w.i.p. I am working on, all designs might change.

Remaking Chaomega, old fusion of mine.

Background20.png
    Chaomega.png

Old Fusion<<<>>>>New Scratch w.i.p.

Third Evolution of Fire Starter Set.

FireBearSet3.png

Scratch w.i.p.
    Might redo the whole set, not sure about it's originality.

First stage Grass Starter.

GrassSTarter.png

Scratch w.i.p.
    Also not sure about it's design.

Made for destinedjagold's ruby hack, Zelda.

PrincessZelda.png

Some criticism is appreciated! :)

Years
  • Hm stil no comments! :o
    Fixed the grass starter a bit.
    GrassSTarter2.png

Still not sure about the colours.
    Some criticism is appreciated!..

Years
  • I thought they looked great dude! I'm no expert on pixel art, but I would think they would be the coolest fakemon in a pokemon game you know, they are just REALLY cool!!

Years
  • Hm stil no comments! :o
    Fixed the grass starter a bit.
    GrassSTarter2.png

Still not sure about the colours.
    Some criticism is appreciated!..

Glad you're back in the scene, pal.
    I'm not exactly sure about your preferences, but I'm going to assume you're use to the FRLG dimensions and style? The body colour needs a lot more contrast as well, and if you aren't using that style, then you have a 96x96 canvas to work with. Most starters are much larger than that (I may be wrong) but even if they aren't, their body parts are more distinguished through darker outlines and palettes.

I'm mainly pointing out the part where the nose/mouth clash with the leg where a darker colour for the nose's outline would be more suitable.

Years
  • Glad you're back in the scene, pal.
    I'm not exactly sure about your preferences, but I'm going to assume you're use to the FRLG dimensions and style? The body colour needs a lot more contrast as well, and if you aren't using that style, then you have a 96x96 canvas to work with. Most starters are much larger than that (I may be wrong) but even if they aren't, their body parts are more distinguished through darker outlines and palettes.

I'm mainly pointing out the part where the nose/mouth clash with the leg where a darker colour for the nose's outline would be more suitable.

Thanks for the comment!
    To be honest, it's been quite a while since I sprited something I wanted to show, I'm pretty rusty at the moment.
    I always used the old GBA sprite style, now and then I switch to the Ds style, but not that often.
    I completly agree though, I still need to fix the shading and the colouring could use some work.
    Do you think that the size should be bigger? if so then I can still resize it a few pixels.
    Anyway thanks for the comment! I appreciate it!

Years
  • Little Update.

Created a small Dex for some of my sprites.
    It's gonna get 45 Fakes.

FakeDex1-45.png

Water starter stays hidden untill I finished it.
    All sprites need work, and will change in time.
    And I always appreciate some constructive criticism! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    I really dig the giant robot spider and the three headed dragon. The level of detail on those is very good when it comes to proportions and us of color on these two look like they could have come out of a good game. The rest of your fake-mon leave something to be desired when it comes to the overall design. They just seem to lack anything that makes them stick out. I would like to see you try to make a trainer sprite since you did a decent job with Zelda (I hardly ever see trainer sprites online).

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    These are some pritty good sprites, how long have you been spriting for?

Your lines are smooth, the palletts are good, and you made small sprites but kept enough detail. Eyes are hard for me and it seems like you got it down. The only thing i really dont like is the orginality of most of them, ive seen a lot of wolves and bears. but thats really not too big of an issue.

And i dont know if your making your own reigon or hack, but i have been for the past 3 years. I want to post them but i cant till i get like 15 posts. but if you wanna do some kind of trade. thats something we used to do is trade and kinda colaborate togther.

But anyway nice sprites man, keep up the good work.

Comerion

DGXZ
    Years
  • They are very good :) Your style is unusual, its sorta like the old ruby/sapphire style. Try to use more saturated colours though, they are kinda dark. Also, try not to overdo the antialiasing, it can make the sprite look messy at times and even ruin it.

Years
  • Thanks for the comments! =)
    I appreciate it!
    I did an evolution for my Grass Starter, needs a few fixes like new colours and some shading and minor design changes.
    Hope you like the results! :)

Background.png

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2012
    Bro, that three headed dragon is a boss! i love the amount of detail you put into it!

Back