• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen cross breeding?

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    lets say you theres a certain pokemon you can get by breeding 2 different pokemon together. for example breed a male beedrill with a vespiquen and you get it and its later evos are its own and not beedrills or combees. good idea?

im not saying breed snorlax with lapras and the game will automatically combine peices of the two sprites or anything like that.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • So for instance saying you breed a Miltank and a Tauros to get an entirely new pokemon?

Sounds like a good idea. So there are set templates of crossbreeds? It sounds like a great new feature to introduce!

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Imagine how many different Pokemon we could get with cross breeding..=O And I think it'd be an intriguing addition to breeding, but I think it would be too weird. There should only be original species.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    That would be a great and interesting idea as long as they limit the pokemon. By that I mean that only certain pokemon can be crossbread

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It's quite a neat idea, but too much to add, and I personally dislike hatching eggs.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I kinda like it, but I feel like it would really screw up egg moves. If Roserade (M) + Snorunt (F) = some weird Ice Flower thing, how will I get a Snorunt with Spikes?

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Imagine how many different Pokemon we could get with cross breeding..=O And I think it'd be an intriguing addition to breeding, but I think it would be too weird. There should only be original species.

yea thats what i mean. say theres a pokemon called wormbee. and to get it, you must breed male beedrill with vespiqueen. it has its own evos too, not the ones of beedrill or vespiqueen. and not every pokemon has this, im not saying anything like breed pikachu with ratatata and get a ratata with pikachu ears

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022

If every pokemon were able to cross-breed then we'd have like over 900 pokemon :O.
    It would be an awesome addition to the game, but yeah I agree it would be sort of weird, like rubbing up Dragon Quest Monsters alley. Pokemon and cross-breeding were just never meant to be. Though I bet that Chiramii and Pachirisu would make an adorable pokemon together :D.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I would like for a new species to come out of a certain breed. Miltank + Tauros = Different kind of Cow. But if you bred Tauros with anything else you would get a Tauros. Or if you bred a Miltank with anything else you would get a Miltank.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Ever played Dragon Warrior Monsters? It worked in those games - only certain monsters were "compatible" as it were - all could breed with one another, but only certain combinations would lead to a novel monster as the offspring. If the pair were "incompatible" the offspring would simply be the same monster as the mother, but with better moves and stats.

It could work, and I've advocated the idea for a while, but it might be a little complex or even adult-themed for a Pokemon game. Having said that, Black and White seem a bit more mature than the previous four Generations, so you never know...

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years

• If every pokemon were able to cross-breed then we'd have like over 900 pokemon :O.
    It would be an awesome addition to the game, but yeah I agree it would be sort of weird, like rubbing up Dragon Quest Monsters alley. Pokemon and cross-breeding were just never meant to be. Though I bet that Chiramii and Pachirisu would make an adorable pokemon together :D.

i think you mean Over 9000!... oh come on you know someone was gonna say that...
    i like the idea... kinda like the Only way to get Phione is to Breed Manaphy right?
    i got it i got it...
    Charizard + Tyrannitar = Larvimander! jk jk that would be awesome though...
    breed Kangiskhan with like... Marowak and you get the Baby-Kangi thing.. but it can't evolve... would be neat

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Ever played Dragon Warrior Monsters? It worked in those games - only certain monsters were "compatible" as it were - all could breed with one another, but only certain combinations would lead to a novel monster as the offspring. If the pair were "incompatible" the offspring would simply be the same monster as the mother, but with better moves and stats.

It could work, and I've advocated the idea for a while, but it might be a little complex or even adult-themed for a Pokemon game. Having said that, Black and White seem a bit more mature than the previous four Generations, so you never know...

I would like for a new species to come out of a certain breed. Miltank + Tauros = Different kind of Cow. But if you bred Tauros with anything else you would get a Tauros. Or if you bred a Miltank with anything else you would get a Miltank.

yea that's exactly what i mean, i couldnt find the exact wording lol

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    If this is the case, then there will have to be new, very limited egg groups for this to work in. This could be difficult for the new game due to the movement on the screen. With moving pokemon and cross-breeds, one eye could be blinking while the other one is rolling. XD

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    If this is the case, then there will have to be new, very limited egg groups for this to work in. This could be difficult for the new game due to the movement on the screen. With moving pokemon and cross-breeds, one eye could be blinking while the other one is rolling. XD

I didn't think there was a way Mijumaru could look more derpy until I read this...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    super skitty-wailord!!!! :D
    the biggest pokemon to date, with claws ;) lol

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • GameFreak's already dabbled a very little bit with this. Remember Plusle and Minun? If you breed them, you get a Magnemite. They should expand up on this, but not with a whole lot of Pokémon, though.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • GameFreak's already dabbled a very little bit with this. Remember Plusle and Minun? If you breed them, you get a Magnemite. They should expand up on this, but not with a whole lot of Pokémon, though.

What? I hope you're being sarcastic...

Anyway, HSOWA anyone? Lol.
    cross breeding?
    Well, this can't turn out well...

On a more serious note, I'm not sure this would be the best idea. I mean, maybe if they were original pokemon only available this way, but I'm pretty sure it would be too complicated.

Let's refer back to our Wailord+Skitty thing. It could be taken a few different ways:

-You can crossbreed only with other pokemon in that egg group?
    -You can only do a few select ones?

But look at the breeding system now, if you breed a Femal Wailord and A male Skitty, you get a Wailmer. Having crossbreeds, and ending up withcross breeding?-like creatures, would need to completely overhaul the breeding system.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    I have only one thing to say and its been stated before but i think its needed.

HSOWA!

Back