• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen cross breeding?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i think you mean Over 9000!... oh come on you know someone was gonna say that...
    i like the idea... kinda like the Only way to get Phione is to Breed Manaphy right?
    i got it i got it...
    Charizard + Tyrannitar = Larvimander! jk jk that would be awesome though...
    breed Kangiskhan with like... Marowak and you get the Baby-Kangi thing.. but it can't evolve... would be neat

A Charizard wearing Tyranitar armor... I just jizzed my pants...

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    That would make breeding for certin qualities, moves, and such much harder it would be almost impossible for egg breeders to breed for egg moves only know by the father parent. If this crossbreeding thing happens it would obliterate the way most of the breeding system works save maybe natures and ivs.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    i think you mean Over 9000!... oh come on you know someone was gonna say that...
    i like the idea... kinda like the Only way to get Phione is to Breed Manaphy right?
    i got it i got it...
    Charizard + Tyrannitar = Larvimander! jk jk that would be awesome though...
    breed Kangiskhan with like... Marowak and you get the Baby-Kangi thing.. but it can't evolve... would be neat

Gotta catch 'em all :D...Charizard and Tyrannitar? Experiment gone wrong people :P

super skitty-wailord!!!! :D
    the biggest pokemon to date, with claws ;) lol

The thought of a wailord dominating a skitty...or the other way around....pain to my eyes O-O

GameFreak's already dabbled a very little bit with this. Remember Plusle and Minun? If you breed them, you get a Magnemite. They should expand up on this, but not with a whole lot of Pokémon, though.

ehhhhh? o.O? lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P ahhhhh, my stomach :shocked:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have only one thing to say and its been stated before but i think its needed.

HSOWA!

lololololol HSOWA FTW XD

i like the cross breed idea, but i dont hink it will happen. a lesser form of this, and what nintendo should do, is to remove the part of the breeding process where the egg can only be the earliest evo of the mother. or allow mom to pass egg moves

For instance,

male Dragonite + female Charizard = charmaders AND dratini's with the egg moves/iv's/natures etc.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • Am I the only one that's bred a Plusle and Minun in Ruby and Sapphire? I haven't tried it again, since, so it's possible they've taken it out of the game. I don't know.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    That would require far too much spriting work to work.
    *nod nod*

Do I think this idea is interesting? Yes, I do.
    Do I think it will make the game better? Kind of.

One of the things that cross breeding has to have are species able to cross breed while others can't. I mean, a human can't have an offspring with a pig, but a tiger and a lion can have an offspring together. Introducing hybrids would require so many rules, though. It would probably deal with the body shape, the species the Pokémon is, the living environment and others in that environment (like Pokémon found in the water shouldn't be able to breed with Pokémon living on land, or in the air), etc.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • They could just let the pokemon in the same egg groups to be able to mate with each other.

That's... how it is already...

*nod nod*

Do I think this idea is interesting? Yes, I do.
    Do I think it will make the game better? Kind of.

One of the things that cross breeding has to have are species able to cross breed while others can't. I mean, a human can't have an offspring with a pig, but a tiger and a lion can have an offspring together. Introducing hybrids would require so many rules, though. It would probably deal with the body shape, the species the Pokémon is, the living environment and others in that environment (like Pokémon found in the water shouldn't be able to breed with Pokémon living on land, or in the air), etc.

Based on what the OP said (and most of the other people in this topic), it would just be a few Pokemon. Like say there might be six new crossbreed Pokemon in this generation: X, Y, Z, A, B and C. Each one would have two 'parent species' that when bred together would create it. It would then have its own evolutions and otherwise be unrelated to the other Pokemon. Sort of like a reverse evolution.

Back