• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Crystal features - why be hatin', or why like it?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No its not ruining anything. While yes it is a remake of gold and silver it should include the stuff from the more complete version. It does not seem fair or even useful to cut out the stuff from the complete version. Sure Kris was taken out but whatever...

Finnel

Years
    I don't like Suicune's importance. Suicune's always been one of my least favorite Pokémon, and it annoys me that it constantly overshadows the other two dogs. I'd rather have something new, too. It's boring that they're doing the same thing as they did in Crystal.

Ayselipera

I don't mind it, the more the better! Plus its only a few things so its not that bad. I mean if your really against the Crystal stuff you can just ignore the battle tower. As for Suicune and Eusine well that can't be ignored.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm actually VERY happy about this.

Pokemon Crystal is my most favorite Pokemon game of all time. I went as far as owning not only the English Version, but the Japanese version as well. I still play it(I got it out yesterday). Nothing makes me happier than seeing the Crystal features being retained in the Gold and Silver Remakes.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
    I'm actually VERY happy about this.

Pokemon Crystal is my most favorite Pokemon game of all time. I went as far as owning not only the English Version, but the Japanese version as well. I still play it(I got it out yesterday). Nothing makes me happier than seeing the Crystal features being retained in the Gold and Silver Remakes.

Agreed, Crystal is actually my all-time favorite video game, so I'm happy to see it integrated into the remake's storyline.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    And I'm not happy... These are Gold & Silver remakes and I don't really want Crystal things to HeartGold & SoulSilver. I don't like Crystal so much, it's still better than R/S/E (worst games for me). I played so much Gold and I want it's remake to be like Gold itself is. (I didn't like FireRed & LeafGreen's Seven Islands.) But if they make these as good as you guys told me, they can be in. But if it doesn't look as fine as it should be, I start to cry (not really). I like so much Gold, so that's why I tell so much about everything that gets in to my mind. (Sorry, if it annoys you...)

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    Well yeah its a remake but they never make it exactly the same...they have to add new stuff so it is better....which it is....and hey if they do a crystal remake think about what they could add to that to make it better?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Doesn't bother me. Can't have everything exactly the same as the originals, that would just make it utterly boring. These are "new" games after all.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    Doesn't bother me. Can't have everything exactly the same as the originals, that would just make it utterly boring. These are "new" games after all.

Exactly.....Maybe they want to throw in Crystal elements because they don't plan on making another remake? Either way it is really cool what they have done to the game thus far and I am not complaining.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I was just thinking, if they decided to add the Crystal features, then what was the point of replacing Kris?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    They're remakes... let Nintendo do what they will with them and enjoy them for what they are... not hate them for some small detail that you'll only encounter a few times or can ignore if you really for some reason hate it

So yeah... I'm really liking the addition of the crystal stuff in these games

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Are there really that many differences? from what I can tell, basically the only new thing to HG/SS is Eusine, who if I remember right, doesnt show up that much.

I dont see what's so big about the slight focus on suicune, its like in Sinnoh, Mesprit also liked to get near you and it roamed which was different to others - I don't see how this was a big deal, nor with Suicune.

And the battle tower, thats just a staple part of the pokemon games and is expected.

As such, it doesnt bother me at all that there are Crystal features, without them it would feel kind of incomplete.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Oh yes, I agree, these features will no longer make it a G/S remake, but it's okay because I stopped calling it that long ago, I wanted everything to meet my expectations but now it's a lot easier and satisfying to just see it as a brand new Pokemon game, rather than a remak of the classic.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Oh yes, I agree, these features will no longer make it a G/S remake, but it's okay because I stopped calling it that long ago, I wanted everything to meet my expectations but now it's a lot easier and satisfying to just see it as a brand new Pokemon game, rather than a remak of the classic.
    Why would you want to play the same in better graphics? Hell, if it'd be the same thing as what happened with RBY=>FRLG i'd be disappointed. Luckily we already know it's not the case. Seriously, the poor excuse for the attempt of completing the lacking Johto pokemons named the Sevii Islands was the only major change between the games, and it was hardly noticeable. Well, it was very noticeable for hackers, another map(s) for no effort~

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Not wanting Crystal features would be like not wanting the PokeRadar, or the PokeWalker, or new events, or any of the new Pokemon being available, or following Pokemon, etc. They're additions and alterations to Gold and Silver to make the remakes more enjoyable. I don't see why the Crystal features are any different.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I actually thought the Crystal features were important to the story and the closest thing they had to a storyline to do with Legendarys in G/S/C

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
    Years
    HeartGold/SoulSilver media have shown that there are some Crystal features in these new games - seems like the significant parts of the game are in it. That is, every significant part that isn't Kris (not included for unknown reasons), or isn't the PokéCom Center (replaced by Wi-Fi).

So we've seen a few things so far:
    Suicune's importance - the story seems to have a focus on Suicune when the player enters the Burnt Tower. Suicune has some extended time observing the player (like in Crystal!) and doesn't appear on the Town Map (nor does the description of the Town Map talking about roaming Pokémon state its name - only Entei and Raikou's names).

Eusine's inclusion - Self explanatory - a Crystal character.

The Battle Tower? - there's clearly a building west of Olivine City. There could even be a Battle Frontier - we don't know yet. West was where the Tower was in Crystal, so maybe this could be the Tower as well?

So, some people think that including these changes ruins the authenticity of these remakes. What do you think?
    I think it's okay. If people don't like the changes, tell them to play the originals.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I really don't see why people need to be hating these inclusions. I really like them! It gives you more to do in the game and it will make it a lot more enjoyable.

Back