• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Curiosity spawned from Footprint guy

FellowNerdFrosting

Huge nerd who likes to draw
    Years
    I was passing time during my lunch break by collecting some ribbons for my Pokémon, when something interesting happened that legit shocked me.

I had my level 100 shiny Pidgeot I brought to Sun from Omega Ruby, originally caught in Heart Gold/Soul Silver (honestly don't remember which one it was, haha). Talking to the Footprint Ribbon guy, I thought it would be funny to show him my Pidgeot since he's already max level. Usually, I recall getting a dialogue from previous Footprint NPCs that would roughly say, "You met this Pokémon at level 100, and now it's level 100... this Pokémon hasn't grown at all!".

However, the game threw my expectations out the window when Footprint guy identified that my Pidgeot was caught at level 9. It was amazing!! But that got me thinking. How did the game know this? Especially when previous gens didn't seem to... I assumed that information like level and location caught and date met were lost when a Pokémon is transferred to a new gen game. As the summary roughly states, "It seems this Pokémon has traveled across time and space to reach you from the _____ region".

This got me wondering about another thing, too. If level caught still exists in the Pokémon's data, does that mean its date met also still exists but cannot be seen by conventional means? Sort of akin to a Trainer's Secret ID?

If anybody can enlighten me on this, please, let me know! I'm really interested in this, and it'd be cool to know if you could access the original date met.

Back