• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

curious what is considered a good team

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    i recently bought dP... and am wondering what is a decent team to have. so far ive only looked at pokemon i found interesting which has been empoleon, glaceon/leafeon, scizor, froslass, dusknoir, yanmega. Anyway i'm looking for ones that interest me and would have a good fighting chance. would a combination of any of the ones i stated be decent? any other pkmn suggestions welcome.

no legendaries plz as i never incorporate them into my "final" team

Last edited:

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Froslass?

8D

Of course! Those Pokemon [notably Dusknoir] are some of the better battlers of this Generation. As for moveset help...my style of battling is very different from the standard, so you're better off waiting until somebody else comes by.

drogontimer

The Wrath of GENGAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    if you want to cover all types than you need to get doulbe type guys. I think you should decide for yourself but i can help if you want. My fav starter is and always will be torterra. hes a brick wall with lots of att power. Dragonite is my fav dragon and I have one of those as well it can learn tons of moves such as surf thunder dragonrush, any flying att and most fire atts. He has good att def and everything else but speed. but somtimes speed isn't what matters. For a non legendary phychc I'd get a hold of espeon, metagross, alakazam, or gallade. All have good att ans spc att i have alakazam from a friend. Gallade is the most popular though. Espeon spc att is through the roof and its a quick little thing. But don't let anything hit any of them cause none besides metagross has good def. I suggest having a fire guy cause they come in handy. A charizard, infernape, or Arcanine can take care of that. I'd geta dark or bug guy for those nasty phychcs that show up. Drapion, scizor, absol, houndoom,etc. Hope i helped

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    thanks dragontimer.I'll look at more types and see if i can mesh some ability combos. by the way i have a torterra but i dont know on its effectiveness. im thinkign of starting a new game and having a piplup.

whats wrong with froslass. XD i never actually had one though.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Just use what you like. If you know something wrong. Then just adjust it. You will never know unless you try.

itsgian

Aspiring Poke-Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Never heard of Froslass, I fell in love with it when I found out how fast it was...

But it's extremely frail, but quick so Destiny Bond works well with it.

Back