• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Curse of Darkness (YGO-SD12) Spoilers

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    And this *is* set in stone. This is what it is, *definitely.*

「魔王ディアボロス」
    SD12-JP001 Demon Diabolos
    DARK/Dragon – Effect/7/2800/1000
    This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Tribute Summoned, the Tribute must be a DARK monsters. During your opponent's Draw Phase before he draws, you can check the top card of your opponent's Deck and put it in either to the top or the bottom of the Deck. This card cannot be used as a Tribute for card effects.

「死王リッチーロード」
    SD12-JP002 Death King Lich Lord
    DARK/Undead/6/2400/1200
    When you Tribute Summon this card, the Tribute must be DARK. If this card is sent to the Graveyard used as Tribute for card effects, return this card to your hand.

「闇王プロメテス」
    SD12-JP003 Dark King Prometes
    DARK/Demon – Effect/4/1200/800
    When this card is Normal Summoned, you can remove from play any number of DARK monsters in your Graveyard. This card gains 400 ATK for each monster removed from play by this effect, until the end of the turn.

「ミストデーモン」
    SD12-JP004 Mist Demon (Archfiend!!)
    Dark/Demon – Effect/5/2400/0
    This card can be Normal Summoned without Tribute. If this card is Normal Summoned this way, this card is destroyed during the End Phase and you take 1000 damage.

「疫病狼」
    SD12-JP005 Plague Wolf
    Dark/Undead/3/1000/1000
    Once per turn, you can double this card's original ATK. If you do, this card is destroyed during the End Phase

「ゴブリンゾンビ」
    SD12-JP006? Goblin Zombie

「アックス・ドラゴニュート」
    SD12-JP007? Axe Dragonuit x2

「キラートマト」
    SD12-JP008? Killer Tomato (Mystic Tomato)

「闇の仮面」
    SD12-JP009? Mask of Darkness

「魂を削る死霊」
    SD12-JP010? Spirit Reaper

「ジャイアントオーク」
    SD12-JP011? Giant Orc x3

「ステルスバード」
    SD12-JP0012? Stealth Bird x2

「執念のキラードール」
    SD12-JP013? Tenacious Killer Doll x2

「サクリファイスソード」
    SD12-JP014 Sacrifice Sword
    Equip Magic
    Equip only to a DARK monster. It gains 400 ATK. If the equipped monster is used as a Tribute and this card is sent to the Graveyard, return this card to your hand.

「悪夢再び」
    SD12-JP015 Repeating Nightmare
    Normal Magic
    Return to your hand 2 DARK monsters with 0 DEF from your Graveyard.

「シールドクラッシュ」
    SD12-JP016? Shield Crush

「悪夢の鉄檻」
    SD12-JP017? Iron Cage Of Nightmares

「サイクロン」
    SD12-JP018? Cyclone

「ハリケーン」
    SD12-JP019? Hurricane

「巨大化」
    SD12-JP020? Megamorph

「抹殺の使徒」
    SD12-JP021? Emissary Of Obliteration

「大嵐」
    SD12-JP022? Heavy Storm

「エクトプラズマー」
    SD12-JP023? Ectoplasm x2

「貪欲な壺」
    SD12-JP024? Pot of Avarice

「打ち出の小槌」
    SD12-JP025? Magical Mallet

「闇のデッキ破壊ウィルス」
    SD12-JP026 Deck Destruction Virus of Darkness
    Normal Trap
    Tribute 1 DARK monster with 2500 ATK or more. Declare either Magic or Trap Card. Check all Magic and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field, your opponent's hand, and all cards they draw (until the end of your opponent's 3rd turn after this card's activation), and destroy all cards of the declared type.

「死のデッキ破壊ウイルス」
    SD12-JP027? Deck-Destruction Virus of Death

「魔のデッキ破壊ウイルス」
    SD12-JP028? Deck Destruction Virus of Magic x2

「魔法の筒」
    SD12-JP029? Magic Cylinder

「自業自得」
    SD12-JP030? Just Desserts

「邪悪なるバリア -ダーク・フォース-」
    SD12-JP031? Dark Mirror Force

「ディメンションウォール」
    SD12-JP032? Dimension wall x2

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    SWEET...but I'm stunned at no Dark Ruler...oh well, DARK's got their own absolute lock now anyway. I can very much see the "divine equips" (UWS & MP) being banned because of this now...of course, DM decks get around that anyway :).

...I get most of those (DDV of Death=Crush Card (YAY) and DDV of Magic=...Deck Devastation Virus?), but Goblin Zombie & Axe Dragonuit? No, wait, I remember now.

......Is MST Cyclone or Hurricane?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Goblin Zombie is a zombie with 1200 attack with an unimportant defense, and its effect is that when it's sent from the field to the graveyard, search your deck for a zombie monster with an attack of 1200 or less to your hand.

Axe Dragonuit is a 2000/1200 dark dragon version of Goblin Attack Force.

MST I think is cyclone. Hurricane is Heavy Storm.

Besides the brand new cards that certainly help in gearing dark attribute to Virus Control , there's also Shield Crush that's definitely worthy of interest on top of it all. It's almost upsetting how Structure Decks are doing so much better than the boosters o.O;

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Atleast this helps duelists. Me being a fan of Darkness monsters I love it too, however the no Dark Ruler as stated earlier gets to me a bit.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Mystical Space Typhoon = Cyclone

Hurricane = Heavy Storm

Though it still seems that structure decks are a way to receive staples in a common alternative. They are becoming more useful each time. : )

It seems that the dark monsters came in when Gadgets are starting to control the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Goblin Zombie is a zombie with 1200 attack with an unimportant defense, and its effect is that when it's sent from the field to the graveyard, search your deck for a zombie monster with an attack of 1200 or less to your hand.

Axe Dragonuit is a 2000/1200 dark dragon version of Goblin Attack Force.

MST I think is cyclone. Hurricane is Heavy Storm.

I said that I remembered about the monsters, but you listed Heavy Storm separately as 022. I think it's actually Giant Trunade.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I just directly copy/pasted the spoiler decklist, and manyjomethunder has always proven to be reliable. It's Heavy Storm, Giant Trunade and Mystical Space Typhoon, it seems.

Eh, wish I remember what does De-spell Germ Cannon do... Plague Wolf is absolutely awesome for virus control with its flexibility for the 2 viruses, and if you really want, just add an equip of 500+ and you got the last virus card too.

lol... how evil is Deck Destruction Virus of Darkness going to be with Bors in Japan >>;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Well, if the germ cannon is the same as the one Kaiba plays in the anime (Virus cannon, I think it was called) then I believe that's something like "discard up to ten spell cards from your opponent's deck", yeah...I wouldn't mind having a card like that. xD Dunno' what the activation cost is, though, as the anime likes to ignore those (As was the case with Mai's Mirror Wall <.<) but seeing as how they actually printed Card Crush Virus too, they might just go ahead with the cannon as well, in which case more card-heavy decks might actually start popping up.

Anyway, maintaining large hand sizes seems to be the theme of these new cards. *Pokes Lich Lord and Sacrifice Sword* I agree about plague wolf, it's definitely a useful card. Searchable by tomato but can get strong enough to kill off any non-tribute monster on the field (Except for those pesky Cyber Dragons <.<) as well as Parshath (Who's definitely going to see increased play because of Calling Nova) and it also gets viable for Deck Destruction Virus. A nice card...a nice card indeed. ^-^ Prometes on the other hand definitely has its uses for return decks, and the deck destruction viruses...heh, I think the effects speak for themselves. xD

Question, though: what does Deck Destruction Virus of Magic do?

Tetsuya

.:A Guy Who Likes To Talk::.
    Years
    These are alright cards i myself got out of the ygo obsession a fair while ago but i still like em and i like dark cards the best if i get back in to ygo ill get those cards well at least try

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Deck Destruction Virus of Magic = Deck Devastation Virus

De-spell Germ Weapon/Virus Cannon... I swear that I've seen it in one of my YGO gba games, but somehow I can't find it in the save file (or is it in a previous game but not the 2006 one, don't remember) but it's certainly not THAT devastating to destroy 10 spell cards... Afterall, the anime allows Card of Sanctity to draw 5 freakin' cards at once (wow, that beats Mirage of Nightmare/Emergency Provision combo).

Anime Crush Card Virus/Deck Destruction Virus of Death lasts forever. In the real game, it's just 3 turns. ;p

Ah Plague Wolf is handy just because it fits into many viruses... Doubt the sacrifice sword will be useful at all unless you're playing some rogue enemy controller deck (still, wtfreak). The lich is utter crap, because you might as well use plague wolf for Deck Devastation Virus, and you won't be tributing lich for a monarch... Not handy enough. Leave Deck Destruction Virus of Darkness to Dark Magician decks within the TCG. I honestly think that it's a card specially designed for the Dark Magician. The OCG got Bors to use as the 2500+ dark attacker, which is already in triples for every deck. ><;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Since nobody else remembers...

De-Spell Germ Weapon
    Normal Trap
    Offer each of your Monsters on the Field as a Tribute (except for Tokens). For each card offered as a Tribute, your opponent selects a Spell Card from their Deck, sends it to the Graveyard, and afterwards shuffles their Deck.

^Straight from Spirit Caller. Basically a trap-VL with a ridiculously expensive cost and without the ability to choose card type. Not worth it at all.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that an older OCG decktype called Virus control used it... It used every single virus card for total domination, though not necessarily maximizing in quantity. It has its merits, if you happen to be named Zaik who will never giveup the mammal weenie engine ;p

Giant Germ also combines Crush Card Virus with De-spell to a decent extent, or you're hit by Torrential so you might as well do something with your dead monsters. It's not totally useless, but needs an entire deck for it...

Back