• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cursed Room of Memories (5th Gen RMT)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Cursed Room of Memories (5th Gen RMT)

Introduction

A long time ago during the 4th Gen, or the 'Garchomp era', I had a trick room team full of UU's, and used them all in OU. And, it actually works quite well, but after being tormented by Blissey and Tyranitar, I decided to make new teams. Recently, I wanted to try my hand at a more competitive Trick Room team, and after about months of testing, and trying new pokemon, I found a team that works for my play style. It works quite well too; it does great in all sorts of weather, and different play styles. Of course, there's a thing on where trick room is pretty gimmicky, haha...

First off, I used Pokemon like Clamperl and Marowak, who only function well within Trick Room, but, it's impossible to keep Trick Room up at all times, so I decided over wise. Next, we wanted Pokemon that could benefit from not needing to invest in Speed, as it would free up the ability to invest in bulk. Then, I found the amazing powers of Healing Wish, so, I decided to use pokemon like Cresselia as the Dual Screen Lunar Dance Trick Room, as the set is fantastic for preparing sweepers to finish opposing teams once they've been weakened. From there I made a large list of Pokemon that fit the sweeping criteria I were looking for as well as Pokemon who could set up Trick Room. Eventually I whittled it down to the team you see below.

At a Glance

A Closer Look

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry **** Tink

Serene Grace
    252 HP | 32 Def | 224 SpDef // 0 Spe IVs
    Sassy Nature [+Special Defense, -Speed]
    Moveset:
    • Healing Wish - This move allows one of my sweepers to regain its full health, right after direct confrontations. Its a pretty scary move, no?
    • Stealth Rock - A staple for any team, Stealth Rock appears on Jirachi's set to damage those swapping and for early set up of the Entry Hazard.
    • Thunderbolt - This move is primarily for use against Gyarados, and Jellicant.
    • Trick Room - Obviously the theme of the team, Jirachi's set isn't complete without Trick Room. Jirachi is our initial setter, allowing us to start the game off ahead in the speed game starting turn 2.
    Why this Pokemon?:
    Jirachi is a pokemon that can set up Trick Room pretty easy as a lead, except for sun teams, in which I'd have to act accordingly. It's steel typing also helps on taking a few Draco Meteors.
    EVs & Nature:
    252 HP maximizes Jirachi's overall bulk allowing it to take many more hits before succumbing
    224 Special Defense lets Jirachi take a Ninetales's Fire Blast, as well as a couple of Draco Meteors from Specs Latios
    32 Defense let's Jirachi take at least one Close Combat, and thanks to the Shuca Berry, allows it to take a Earthquake from Landorus.
    Considered Changes
    Nothing at the moment.

Cresselia @ Light Clay **** Flonne
    • Levitate
    • 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD // 0 Spe IVs
    • Relaxed Nature [+Defense, -Speed]
    • Moveset:
      • Reflect - The first move of Dual Screen and often the more important of the two to this team, keeping stray Earthquakes and priority moves from killing Rhyperior or Machamp.
      • Light Screen - The second move of Dual Screen and of less overall importance, but still quite nice to have on a team that invests a lot in bulk.
      • Trick Room - Cresselia is the main mid-game setter of Trick Room and has been the most effective setter in this team overall.
      • Lunar Dance - Cresselia's signature move which many seem to miss is Lunar Dance. This move totally revives a Pokemon that is swapped to on the turn Cresselia uses it after they come in (this means it also heals EH damage).
    • Why this Pokemon?:
      Cresselia was picked for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was that it's simply a great Trick Room and Screen setter. It's bulky, most Taunt users are afraid to come in due to it's most common moves being Super Effective, and by the time they realize that it doesn't carry said moves it's already at least half set up. Cress is just great here and is the unsung hero of this team time and time again.
    • EVs & Nature:
      • 252 Defense lets Cresselia take a U-turn from Choice Banded Scizor
      • 252 HP is to maximize overall bulk
      • 4 Special Defense is to allowing a minor increase in the hit taking ability of Cresselia, but is mostly filler
    • Considered Changes
      Nothing at the moment.

Machamp @ Chesto Berry **** Yukimaru
    • No Guard
    • 240 HP | 252 Atk | 18 SpDef // 0 Spe IVs
    • Brave Nature [+Attack, -Speed]
    • Moveset:
      • Dynamicpunch - Machamp's STAB and the move that makes him so dangerous. 100% accuracy 100 Base Power move with auto confusion attached is just plain awesome
      • Stone Edge - Machamp's best coverage move, hitting everything that resists Dynamic Punch for at least neutral damage.
      • Ice Punch - Allows Machamp to have better coverage to deal with Gliscor, and hurts Dragonite harder than Stone Edge.
      • Rest - This move on Machamp makes him a more effective Heatran counter, being able to Rest of any damage or status he may acquire while facing those threats and others.

• Why this Pokemon?:
      Machamp is another great Trick room abuser, making even those that could otherwise be difficult to deal with unable to for sure counter the strategy of this team, due to Dynamicpunch's confusion effect and his raw power. Not to mention that like the other great Trick Room sweepers used here, Machamp appreciates bulk investment and also enjoys going first for once while in the Trick Room state. Rest also gives us a little bit of extra reprieve from status moves, which is nice to have on this team.
    • EVs & Nature:
      • 252 Attack and the Brave Nature give Machamp his maximum damage dealing ability and keeps Machamp's speed as low as possible
      • 240 HP gives Machamp an odd number HP value and great overall bulk
      • 18 SpDef is mainly filler based in giving the HP number, but also helps slightly with taking Rotom-W, and Heatran attacks

• Considered Changes
      Nothing at the moment

Reuniclus @ Life Orb **** Prinny
    • Magic Guard
    • 192 HP | 64 Def | 252 SpAtk // 0 Spe IVs
    • Quiet Nature [+Special Attack, -Speed]
    • Moveset:
      • Psyshock - Reuniclus's STAB which allows him to hit Blissey, and Jellicant hard.
      • Shadow Ball - Allows Reuniclus to take on Alakazam, Latios, and other Reuniclus.
      • Focus Blast - Allows it to OHKO Tyranitar and hit Scizor fairly hard.
      • Trick Room - The team's signature move, in which Reuniclus also serves as a duo Trick Roomer and a sweeper.

• Why this Pokemon?:
      Reuniclus helps check fighting type pokemon, and has great synergy with Machamp. (Machamp cover Darks and Reuniclus covers Psychic types) It is alos a trick roomer, and what is also great about this is that it doesn't take damage from Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, etc, so it also serves as a status absorber.
    • EVs & Nature:
      • 252 SpAtt allows Reuniclus to hit as hard as possible
      • 192 HP gives Reuniclus great bulk to tank a few hits
      • 64 Def allows Reuniclus to take attacks like LO Mamoswine's Earthquake

• Considered Changes
      Psychic > Psyshock?
      or
      Hidden Power Fire > Shadow Ball?

Rhyperior @ Leftovers **** Rozeline
    • Solid Rock
    • 212 HP | 252 Att | 44 Def // 0 Spe IVs
    • Moveset:
      • Earthquake - Rhyperior's STAB move which hits hard on the likes of Jolteon, and non-ballon Heatran.
      • Stone Edge - Rhyperior's Secondary STAB move which hits allows it a little more coverage.
      • Swords Dance - Rhyperior's attack booster, where it's pretty easy to set up on a lot of pokemon, with screens and with Solid Rock.
      • Ice Punch - OHKO's Dragonite, and Gliscor who occasionally come in. Has really good coverage against certain grass pokemon too.

• Why this Pokemon?:
      Rhyperior is a natural Trick Room sweeper given his stats. Slow, but with plenty of power, bulk, and coverage while still being quite operational outside of the Trick Room state. His Solid Rock ability is the cream on the frosting, allowing it to Swords Dance and attempt to sweep under the protection of screens.
    • EVs & Nature:
      • 252 Attack and the Brave nature maximize Rhyperior's physical damage dealing capacity while keeping his speed at a minimum
      • 212 HP allows Rhyperior to hold most of its overall bulk,along with Solid Rock
      • 44 Def is filler, making it take Bullet Punches and Earthquakes better.

• Considered Changes
      None so far

Scizor @ Life Orb **** Etna
    • Technician
    • 248 HP | 252 Att | 8 Special Defense // 0 Spe IVs
    • Moveset:
      • Bullet Punch - Scizor is one of the few pokemon that can have a priority move, which Bullet Punch is it. It's pretty amazing for revenge killing Terrakion.
      • Bug Bite - Scizor's STAB move, where Bug Bite is more effective thanks to it's Technician.
      • Swords Dance - Now I know it seems odd to use a set upmove when you're under time constraints in Trick Room, but Swords Dance on Scizor just fits. Why? Well for one, it doubles the damage output, essentially making up for the turn it uses right then on the next turn. The second reason is due to Bullet Punch's priority, Scizor and his Dance usage don't dry up once Trick Room is down, they can keep sweeping through with his Priority move now doing 260% damage thanks to Life Orb and Swords Dance (as opposed to the 150% offered by the Choice Band set).
      • Brick Break - This is primarily for steel type pokemon like Magnezone. and Heatran

• Why this Pokemon?:
      Scizor is really helpful in revenge killing Terrakion, who was problematic for this team. Its really great under Trick Room as well, on terms of sweeping hard and fast, with its typing to come in many attacks.
    • EVs & Nature:
      • 252 Att allows Scizor to hit as hard as possible
      • 212 Hp allows Scizor to have somewhat extra bulk
      • 8 SpD is filler, to let Scizor take a Surf, and a Draco Meteor or so.

• Considered Changes
      None so far

Conclusion

That's it! Hope you enjoy this RMT of mine. <3 If want the format of this RMT, feel free to ask me, and I shall recieve. Like all RMTs, suggestions/rates/death threats to never use this team again are always welcome.

Updates:

I replaced Tyranitar with Rhyperior, and Eelektross with Scizor.

Also, here's the importable text:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I think your lead could be fast enough to set up TR and switch out immediately. It may be troublesome if your mons carrying TR faint and opposing Pokemons will be too fast and just KO the others. You could always carry a fail-safe Pokemon just in case.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I think your lead could be fast enough to set up TR and switch out immediately. It may be troublesome if your mons carrying TR faint and opposing Pokemons will be too fast and just KO the others. You could always carry a fail-safe Pokemon just in case.

Not sure what you mean by 'fast enough'...since Trick Room has a -7 piority anyway.

Well, I guess I could have more priority moves, like Dragonite's Extremespeed.

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • *should be rather
    Instead of running on a -Speed nature, it can be something that doesn't reduce its speed to set-up TR immediately before being damaged. But since you wanted Jirachi to utilize TR as well, I think you may opt to use a fail-safe pokemon. Dragonite seems good and might work well along with Jirachi with or without TR.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    *should be rather
    Instead of running on a -Speed nature, it can be something that doesn't reduce its speed to set-up TR immediately before being damaged. But since you wanted Jirachi to utilize TR as well, I think you may opt to use a fail-safe pokemon. Dragonite seems good and might work well along with Jirachi with or without TR.

Except Trick Room has -7 priority so it doesn't really matter how fast you are when you're setting up since you're gonna go last anyways. Besides, the slower you are normally, the faster you'll be under Trick Room.

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    i've had the pleasure of beating this (with hax!)

it's really really good, and its annoying when all your super fast sweep things get outsped and ohko'd by everything >.>

Nice Team :P

Back