• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Custom PokeGear to Pause Menu

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2014
    After looking at a thread from last year called [HELP NEEDED!] Custom Pause Menu (showthread.php?t=296776), I have dupilcated the Pokegear script in an attempt to make a button based pause menu.
    I have run into the same problem when I try to put the code into the PokemonPauseMenu where the new menu shows up but pressing the directional keys moves the player, so I am obviously putting the code in/editing the wrong place.

Question: What should I do to PokemonPauseMenu to make it open the custom Pokegear script?
    Where should I put the code?

The custom Pokegear script is simply the pokegear with an extra button and the the word 'pokegear' replaced with 'pause' so I don't think I need to post the code.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    I imagine that in "Scene_map" script you change this:
    Code:
      def call_menu
        $game_temp.menu_calling = false
        $game_map.update
        sscene=PokemonMenu_Scene.new
        sscreen=PokemonMenu.new(sscene) 
        sscreen.pbStartPokemonMenu
      end
    To the name of your custom scene. In the same script (Scene_map) search this:
    Code:
        if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
          unless pbMapInterpreterRunning? or $game_system.menu_disabled or $game_player.moving?
            $game_temp.menu_calling = true
            $game_temp.menu_beep = true
          end
        end
    And change the names you have created/modified. I´m not a scripting genius but i think that should work (Because i make almost the same thing to my game xD)

Back