• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

custom pokemon artwork

what would u rate my art work?

• Total voters

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    O_O;

Too be quite honest, they all lack in basic creativity and structure. You should definitely work on your framework. For example, Razorleaf looks like something a 3rd grader drew. It has close to no expression whatsoever, as a matter of fact, it looks like its a subdivision of the undead; its legs are ill-proportioned because the tibia and fibula are much longer than the humerus as they shouldn't be, the fingers and toes look as though they were bits of discarded seaweed pasted to the hands and feet, and the tail is just unsightly.

I highly suggest that you start practicing by replicating pictures of animals, such as: dinosaurs, four-legged animals (dogs, cats, ect.), bipeds, and insects, to aid you with your anatomical problems. Try doing practice sketches before you decide on a final form (I suggest maybe 5 at the most). Also, you may want to copy pictures from other animes withing the monster genre too help you with some ideas and to get your creative mojo flowing.

Your shading is okay, a little mediocre, but not bad. You outlines are scratchy and messy; I highly suggest that you practice getting them smoothed out, which I'm sure that you could do in Photoshop or PSP using erode, the line tool, or edge preserving smooth.

Overall, not your best, I'm sure. Just keep working and sharpening your skills. By the way, what program did you use? It looks like you used Paint, although I just want to be sure.

Psycho

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    yeh i used paint thanx 4 ur honesty i was gonna use photoshop 2 straiten out the lines but it doesnt work on my pc

i used paint on this aswell do u like it?
    custom pokemon artwork

Last edited:

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    Many of these are truly nice looking and they have sharpness ^^; but just a little to much sharpness on certan areas, I understand how those came out like they did and for the paint program you mensioned doing it in insted of paint shop O_o pretty dang good in my opinion. I like the contrast in colors on many of them however the names " not to be meen or nothing" but they kinda lack effert, there very original in the ways on how it's spelled and everything but something just peeks as a use among what it is, something that happened during the beginning of pokemon with Charmelon and Bulbasuar, but quite easy to fix otherwise. ^^ I like the creativity even in that program and the last one gives a good sense of mystery =D. i agree abit with psyc, but there are some areas that I think you got the main meens down .

^^ hope to see more of your work in the future and I wish you the best of luck " rates it"

although I dont believe in rateing art for each piece on it's own deserves perspective without the following of the one before it. But I will put my rate on what the overal score would be threw shading, posisioning,aspects,anatomy,linework and penminship. Along with improvements as you whent along and the creative sparks of each of them =D. Good job ^_^!

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    thanx for ya comment i know most of them dont look good but meh its paint anyway im glad u like some of em and i will be doing more soon

butterFlyFree

Fields of green
    Years
    Need some work on the main art of drawing.

Normally you have to use freehand drawing programs
    or
    SCan drawing and outline them and shade them which you can do with paint.

Yeah paint is not a powerfull drawing program

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    yeh paint is terrible but at least i got my work done, it doesnt really matter how good it is it matters that how hard i did it,if i had photoshop then it will be easier .....so ill stick 2 using paint 4 now :)

i have a new 1 up

Last edited:

fenrir

webmaster
    Years
    nice work buddy i know how hard it is doing artwoek on paint..cause they dont turn out right but you done it from paint and it still looks cool, if you fix up the lines abit then it will be awsome

Back