• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cynthia/Shirona Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
Years
  • XD Okay. I feared some troubles, 'cause the first story (I call it 'A Winter's Love' by now, even though the name I posted it here under is different...and so embarassing I won't ever use it again) is by now quite old. I might actually re-write it one day. ...say, next century. XD

^.^;;;; Oh, whoah, thanks. Still feels weird when your story is being called epic, I don't have so many readers and I myself don't think so high of my stories, I'm kind of a perfectionist.
    XD Maybe you should get your sister out of the room before you start writing. Or write non adult stuff. Or wait till she's old enough to read it. XD!!!

I think the limit here is not a week, but a month, if you write a good, detailed review. Winter's love is definitely out of that limit, but if you still want to review it (hint hint authors love reviews XD hint) then simply send a PM or mail. ^^ Spring's Revenge is not out of that limit, so you can still review. Besides, the next chapter might be posted soon, I just need to read over it again. ^^

Mh, names are troublesome, I know. >.< If I don't get a name right, it becomes embarassing straight away...*coughs*
    OTP is original top pairing. ^^ (I think Oo)

To get on topic again: (anime) With the chances of Ash challenging the elite foru dimming down again apparently, chances of Cynthia appearing again are also small. >< Any thoughts/ideas/hopes here? XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    I tried writing non adult stuff once, it just ended up really, painfully angsty, even though I'd started with a plan to write some light hearted humour, so yeah... As for sending her out of the room, I can't exactly say 'hey Katherine, I want to write some smut, bugger off.' :P Anyway, I'll review your story when you post the next chapter (hint hint readers like chapters hint XP)

Anyway, topic, that elusive thing all good threads start with and rarely keep... Erm yeah, even if he isn't going to be challenging the elite four, our ol' gal can still turn up with things to do with the mythology aspects. Unfortunately, as soon as they drop that and get on with the league stuff again, there's very little chance of her showing up. Which sucks, but she's still had more screen time than any other champ or elite four, as far as I know (other than Gary, but he isn't a champ in the show), so I guess we can't really complain. :/

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • @Houndoom19 You know, writing angsty stuff isn't bad. Not at all. I did write some kind of that stuff, too ('Mirrors' comes to mind, though, again, that's a Sabrina story XD) and it ends up being quite good. Generally, angsty stuff is often just as adult as 'real' adult stuff. So, all in all, don't complain that your non-adult stuff ends up angsty. That's not bad, that's just another type of story. Just post it. ;- )

Ah, is there a slight hint hidden there for me? XD Yes, the next chapter will be up soon, don't know how soon, but there won't be dealys of nearly a month or even more there anymore.

Topic (yeah, I know, most fanclub threads keep the topic for about...two posts.): Mythology would be a good starting point, but I wonder where in Sinnoh we could have some more mythology, seeing as both the dragons and the lake trio have been covered (and, surprisingly, Cynthia was in all of the episodes). We could have Heatran, but there would be no connection there anymore. :/
    Yeah, she did get most screentime out of the champions (even more than Lance, which is surprising, seeing as how he stole Steven's job in Hoenn XD), but still, there can never be enough of your favourite character, right?
    And I did get my hopes up again after Bertha's appearance was revealed. Maybe we will get our E4 arc after all. Or at least Bertha challenges Cynthia like Lucian and Aaron did.

@Stoney Mh, what was your fic about, again? Sorry, I forgot. ^^;;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind angst, I just don't like it when I sit down and attempt to write something humourous and all I get is angst. :P Oh and actually I did post it on fanfiction, only thing I've posted so far (it was 3am and I thought 'why not?'). Got a pretty good review too, yes, just one... Wasn't a pokemon fic though so I can't post it here, and personally I don't think it was very good, so no you can't have a link (I'm mean xD).

Anyway, topic: I'd like Cynthia to show up more, I just doubt it will happen. But if it did it would be epic. Thing is, because she's so awesome and powerful, she kinda dominates any episode she's in, which takes away from the stars of the show. And it's not like she could travel with them or anything, even ignoring her responsibilities as champion, she'd be too powerful and Ash and co. would never have anything to do. That's why Ash keeps releasing all his best pokemon, to stop them from overwhelming all possible enemies.

I must have missed Bertha, or is that something more recent in Japan? I've only got up to the latest episode of the english dub, so anything after that and I'm pretty clueless. Kinda makes me wish I knew japanese, even though I wouldn't know where to get the episodes anyway...

Note to self: I use the word 'though' too much, need to do something about that.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Ok, I'm getting ready to write a awesome fan-fic, (Finally...)
    But I'm not saying what it'll be yet, but it'll have Cynthia in it.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • @Houndoom19 XD Well, okay, that makes sense. Still, if you want to write humour and end up writing fantastic angsty stories, I wouldn't complain at all. XD Maybe...maybe, you know, you should try writing angsty stories. *Then* you may up ending writing funny fics. See the logic behind? XD

Actually, having just one review is about the average on ff. net >> Many good fics there get none. >.< It's a shame.
    (Hah, you don't know my fantastic tracking abilities. I'll find you, just you know it...;-) )

...mh, I semi-agree. She did dominate the first three episodes she appeared in (her debut and the two with Cyrus- though he also was a neat feature there), but as far as I know, her role in the pixie arc isn't that big. Dunno if that episode aired in the states already, I watched it online. And aside from, well, simply being there, Cynthia didn't do much. o,o A shame, yeah, but there was so crammed into the episodes already, I guess a bigger role for the champion just wasn't possible. And the writers thought: "Well, she already had her chance to shine, so just toss her in for good fun!"
    *cough* We've seen gym leaders not taking their responsibilities too seriously (Misty's sisters, Winona, Fantina...all female, btw. Oo Oh, wait, right, Volkner fits into this, too. ), so I guess a champion can take a break, too. Or how else would you explain her taking half a day just to buy ice cream? XD (That was totally funny, btw. Makes her incredible human.)

(Ash hasn't been releasing Pokemon for years now, please. >>)

Yeah, she's supposed to appear in an episode that has yet to air, DP 170 (or 171, don't know for sure). I don't know Japanese, but I occasionally watch the episodes.

@Stoney ^^ That's good to hear. Good luck with your story!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    Hey, if you can find it, you're more than welcome to read it. :P And maybe I will try writing angsty, maybe I will... I have a bleach fic idea in my head, so meh. Oh, and I never said it was fantastic. ;)

Haven't seen her latest episodes, but I do know about them (I'm one of the few people who can enjoy something even after reading spoilers), latest episode I've seen is the one where Lyra and Khoury leave. Anyway, yeah of course she can take a day off (the thing with the ice cream is one of the reasons I love her), but taking a trip to another region with some ten year old kid wouldn't really work. As for Misty's sisters, I kinda got the impression they didn't want to be gym leaders in the first place. The other ones who were shirking their duties don't really have an excuse...

I know he hasn't been releasing them per se, but he does leave his entire team behind when he enters a new region now, so it's essentially the same effect.

I'll remember to watch out for Bertha when the episode is dubbed. It's funny how the Sinnoh elites are the only ones to all be shown (in quick succession anyway, the kanto ones have all been in it but it took forever for Agatha to show up). I guess it's just because they're better than the other sets, even if Aaron is a tad bit annoying and not very elite four-y. :/

And finally: Woo! Go Stoney-person!

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • @Houndoom19 I'll see if I can find it. If not, I might find a way to get the link from you...nah, just kidding, I'm not good at blackmailing or anything. Way too nice for that. If you're going to write about Bleach, you should contact the ex-member CPF. He's a fan of it. ^^

Yeah, I also read spoilers (mainly because it takes years for the episodes to air here, I'm better off reading the spoilers or else I would never know where we are currently. Nevermind that the episodes air here at a time where I'm often not at home and so, I don't even have the chance to see them. I *think* the episodes with the pixies aired sometimes around the Johto specials, but I'm really not sure.
    XD You know, Cynthia (and Steven) is the only champion that comes off as being really a normal human being. Lance was all acting like a great hero (I still like him as a character, plus he's so easily being made fun of in fics :P ), while Cynthia buys Ice cream, battles a random trainer, visits her grandmother...she's great. ^^
    Even *if* Misty's sisters don't want to be gym leaders, they could have simply given the job to Misty (who certainly wanted to do it and was a way better gym leader). >> It's still their fault imo.

...okay, point taken. Though, I guess I wouldn't be happy either with Ash reaching a new region with all of his old Pokemon and not catching new ones.

Yeah, many take that as a sign that the Sinnoh elite four is the first one that is challenged by Ash. I thought so for a long time, too (call me biased there, I wanted to see Cynthia AND Lucian again), though now with Ash being defeated easily by Flint, I fear he doesn't have the strength to even get as far as challenging them, nevermind that Lucian will definitely not be beaten by him.
    *sighs* How I wish that they would showcase the Johto E4, but that's my personal wish...

New Topic: Got an idea for a topic with writing this. Some may know that Ash got a Gible recently. And as we all know, Cynthia has a Garchomp. Anyone seeing a rivalry/hint/whatever there?

Offtopic: I'll re-read the next chapter now and might post it either today or tomorrow. ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    If not, I might find a way to get the link from you
    Good luck with that. :P
    Yeah, I also read spoilers (mainly because it takes years for the episodes to air here, I'm better off reading the spoilers or else I would never know where we are currently.
    Yay for the internet! XD
    I *think* the episodes with the pixies aired sometimes around the Johto specials, but I'm really not sure.
    Well I'll watch them as they get dubbed.
    she's great.
    Agreed. :P
    Even *if* Misty's sisters don't want to be gym leaders, they could have simply given the job to Misty (who certainly wanted to do it and was a way better gym leader).
    In their defense, they did eventually, but that's neither here nor there.
    Yeah, many take that as a sign that the Sinnoh elite four is the first one that is challenged by Ash. I thought so for a long time, too (call me biased there, I wanted to see Cynthia AND Lucian again), though now with Ash being defeated easily by Flint, I fear he doesn't have the strength to even get as far as challenging them, nevermind that Lucian will definitely not be beaten by him.
    Ash has challenged elite four members before, and not once has he actually won. I don't think he ever will either, they're supposed to be the best trainers around, Ash is good but he isn't that good.
    How I wish that they would showcase the Johto E4, but that's my personal wish...
    I've never really liked the Johto elites. Bruno is cool, and I don't have any strong feelings either way for Will or Karen, but Koga should be a gym leader dammit! DX

New Topic: Got an idea for a topic with writing this. Some may know that Ash got a Gible recently. And as we all know, Cynthia has a Garchomp. Anyone seeing a rivalry/hint/whatever there?
    As awesome as it'll be, he got it pretty late in the series, and since gen 5 is coming out pretty soon chances are he'll leave it with Oak before it get's a chance to evolve, so we probably won't be getting some kind of awesome garchomp versus garchomp battle. But that's not to say Cynthia won't show up and help it with learning some move or something. It's unlikely, but we can hope.

Offtopic: I'll re-read the next chapter now and might post it either today or tomorrow. ^^
    *does the happy dance*

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Good luck with that. :P
    Thanks.^^
    Yay for the internet! XD
    Without the internet, I would be forced to watch the horrible dub here (seriously, in the Jirachi movie, they didn't translate ANY Pokemon's voice, and just kept the English ones. With Absol, I was okay, as the German Absol sounds as if it got a serious cough, but otherwise x,x). And without the internet, there would be no chance to read fanfics. ;- ) *hint hint*
    Well I'll watch them as they get dubbed.
    As I said above, I do watch the dub. Sometimes.XD
    In their defense, they did eventually, but that's neither here nor there.
    I seem to remember that there was once a gym leader fanclub here. It must have closed. Wouldn't be bad idea to make a new one...
    Ash has challenged elite four members before, and not once has he actually won. I don't think he ever will either, they're supposed to be the best trainers around, Ash is good but he isn't that good.
    In his defense, he was still a rookie against Loreley. And he didn't do so bad against Agatha (though I think she was going easy on him- I mean, seriously, an elite four as a gym leader? WTF was Lance/Goodshow/whoever thinking? XD)
    And Flint...I don't count the Flint battle. Yes, call me delusional, call be biased, I *know*...I'm still hoping for a Sinnoh E4 battle. >.<
    I've never really liked the Johto elites. Bruno is cool, and I don't have any strong feelings either way for Will or Karen, but Koga should be a gym leader dammit! DX
    *falls to her knees* At least *one* person who doesn't despise Will. XD You see, that poor guy gets no love, despite being an outstanding elite (at least outfit-wise). And Koga...well, without Koga being E4, we would have no Janine. =3 And I would have one less plot devise for Spring's Revenge...
    As awesome as it'll be, he got it pretty late in the series, and since gen 5 is coming out pretty soon chances are he'll leave it with Oak before it get's a chance to evolve, so we probably won't be getting some kind of awesome garchomp versus garchomp battle. But that's not to say Cynthia won't show up and help it with learning some move or something. It's unlikely, but we can hope.
    Yeah, it's the typical late season Pokemon for Ash. It's pretty awesome as it is right now, I don't even think it has to evolve to get any better, but some people have been speculating that it was supposed to be a rival for Cynthia's Garchomp in a possible E4 battle. Now, while I think the idea itself is great (Garchomp vs. Garchomp sounds like a good battle), I'm realistic and don't think it will happen. Not enough time to evolve, and Ash is probably not even going to make it to Cynthia. And even *if* he battles her Garchomp...pretty likely that it would be his Pikachu (+ his 5 other Pokemon, Cynthia's Garchomp is uber strong XD) battling it. You know, signature Pokemon vs. signature Pokemon, the writer's favourite battle. >>
    The idea with her teaching it a move is pretty awesome, too. I would love to see the Gible-Garchomp interaction. XD (BTW, Ash's Gible is male while Cynthia's Garchomp is, according to some sources, female. The shipping ideas that this may give us crack me up. XD)
    *does the happy dance*
    So sorry for the delay, but I did post the chapter today. (Had to try three times. >>)

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    See my post in your other thread for why it took me so long to respond. :P

Thanks.^^
    You're welcome.
    And without the internet, there would be no chance to read fanfics. ;- ) *hint hint*
    This could be hinting at several things... I'm so confused! :(
    In his defense, he was still a rookie against Loreley. And he didn't do so bad against Agatha (though I think she was going easy on him- I mean, seriously, an elite four as a gym leader? WTF was Lance/Goodshow/whoever thinking? XD)
    And Flint...I don't count the Flint battle. Yes, call me delusional, call be biased, I *know*...I'm still hoping for a Sinnoh E4 battle. >.<
    Yeah, Lorelei doesn't really count, since he was a rookie as you say (though he did go on to win the tournament he was in at the time, so he can't have been that bad), and Agatha was most likely going easy to an extent. I haven't actually seen the Flint battle, so I can't comment, but I remember he challenged Drake from Hoenn at one point as well, on a pirate ship no less. Still got his butt handed to him on a silver platter though.
    despite being an outstanding elite (at least outfit-wise).
    Which is about all he has as official canon. :P
    And Koga...well, without Koga being E4, we would have no Janine. =3 And I would have one less plot devise for Spring's Revenge...
    True, but it just seems wrong to have him as an elite to me, especially when there were stronger gym leaders to choose from. Even ignoring Giovanni, who was obviously not a candidate, why didn't Sabrina or Blaine get to be elites? Both of them were stronger than Koga. Meh, life goes on.
    Ash is probably not even going to make it to Cynthia
    Truer words were never spoken, he could never get to my princess. *nods*
    pretty likely that it would be his Pikachu
    Most likely, even though it would be a highly unfair matchup, an electric type against a ground type? *shrug* He'll probably just aim for the fin or something stupid like that.
    Cynthia's Garchomp is uber strong
    Yes, yes it is. It wiped my entire team in platinum. :( Adittedly I was about 15 levels lower that it, though.
    The idea with her teaching it a move is pretty awesome, too. I would love to see the Gible-Garchomp interaction
    I would be interesting, but I'm wondering what move it could learn from her. It can't learn giga impact, which is her signature move. Has it mastered draco meteor yet?
    BTW, Ash's Gible is male while Cynthia's Garchomp is, according to some sources, female. The shipping ideas that this may give us crack me up. XD
    I'm worried for your sanity right now. :P
    So sorry for the delay, but I did post the chapter today.
    And I finally reviewed it (kinda)! XD

Tell ya what, quote tags are useful.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    True, but it just seems wrong to have him as an elite to me, especially when there were stronger gym leaders to choose from. Even ignoring Giovanni, who was obviously not a candidate, why didn't Sabrina or Blaine get to be elites? Both of them were stronger than Koga. Meh, life goes on.

After all, in Pokemon Yellow Koga and Sabrina were on the same level.
    Anyway, I don't think Gym leaders are limited to the Pokemon they use in the game. Do you really think Brock only has two Pokemon on Lv. 12 and 14 (RBY)? And why are they so strong then in GSC? New trainers wouldn't have a chance against them! No, no.. I think all leaders are as strong as the others - but to give the challengers a chance, they use Pokemon which level is adapted to the numbers of badges the challenger has already won! So a new trainer has to face low-levelled Pokemon, whereas a champ - like the player in GSC, when he came to Kanto - has to fight against their best team.
    Another point is that otherwise a trainer from Fuchsia would be forced to travel through the hole land to get to Pewter Town for his first fight - that couldn't be it, could it?

Of course, that is *my* interpretation, but it is quite logical I think.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • See my post in your other thread for why it took me so long to respond. :P
    Sorry, I am late with posting as well. Went on a book exhibiton yesterday, and was kinda tired after it. ^^;;; And for the next (last) chapter...gonna have to re-read it again. Will post it as soon as it's ready. The first chapter of the next part of the fic series is also ready. Currently writing the second chapter, so I hope I finish it before I post the new story, so I keep them coming in time. ^^
    This could be hinting at several things... I'm so confused! :(
    Was supposed to be a hint that I posted the next chapter. ^^
    Yeah, Lorelei doesn't really count, since he was a rookie as you say (though he did go on to win the tournament he was in at the time, so he can't have been that bad),
    Yep, he did win the Orange Leageu Trophy, but, forgive me the blasphemy, I think the orange leage wasn't really to be taken serious compared to the other leagues. They had less gyms and these gyms didn't always involve Pokemon battles in the classical style. And there was no tournament, just a fight against the champion himself. Sinnoh, on the other hand, has a real league tournament and after that, if, big if there, Ash wins that tournament, he might challenge the elite four. Orange and Sinnoh work a bit differently, I think.
    I haven't actually seen the Flint battle, so I can't comment,
    One of the very recent episodes in Japan, so don't worry, you didn't miss anything. =3
    but I remember he challenged Drake from Hoenn at one point as well, on a pirate ship no less. Still got his butt handed to him on a silver platter though.
    Ah, yes, the Drake battle. I know it exists, but I never watched the episode carefully, so I kinda forgot about it. Yeah, Ash wasn't doing well there. I think back in Hoenn, he really wasn't ready for the elite four yet.
    Besides, Hoenn's elite four was weird. Steven appeared as a general Trainer of the week, his position never even mentioned, and Wallace later on didn't say much about his double career either. o,o Very confusing.
    Which is about all he has as official canon. :P
    He has his mask. And...a few crazy fangirls. Very crazy fangirls. And a girlfriend.
    I'm gonna agree with Wyrrlokk here. The gym leaders may have different teams, and maybe Koga was the most strongest gym leader out of them. If not...Sabrina...well, I stay to my fanfic's theory that Lance didn't want a dangerous, possibly mentally ill elite four. :P And if we don't go by anime canon...*shrugs* Maybe Will was already settled as elite four and two psychic trainers would be ridicolous? No idea about Blaine, though.
    Truer words were never spoken, he could never get to my princess. *nods*
    *twitches* Sorry, ever since CPF started with his Queen business, every mention of Cynthia and royalty in the same sentence makes me uncomfortable. >.<
    Ontopic: Ash ever getting to Cynthia would mean that he beat Lucian...and that would annoy me. Greatly. Him beating Aaron, okay. Bertha...well, if she goes easy on him like her sister Agatha, okay. Flint...never. Got crammed by him in recent episode. That's probably where it stops for Ash.
    Most likely, even though it would be a highly unfair matchup, an electric type against a ground type?
    My bet on that is that the writer's will simple ignore Garchomp being a ground type. Wouldn't be the first time.
    *shrug* He'll probably just aim for the fin or something stupid like that.
    To be fair, that fail was in the first season when the writers didn't seem to have any idea about what they were doing.
    I would be interesting, but I'm wondering what move it could learn from her. It can't learn giga impact, which is her signature move. Has it mastered draco meteor yet?
    o,o Uh, you caught me there. Dunno. I don't think so, it keeps hitting Piplup with some move I can't remember. It could need help from Cynthia and her Pokemon.
    I'm worried for your sanity right now. :P
    No need to worry, my sanity has long since gone by.
    And I finally reviewed it (kinda)! XD
    No 'kinda'. ^^ That was a great review, thanks.
    Tell ya what, quote tags are useful.
    Yup. XD

@Wyrrlokk Yellow was semi-based on the Anime, so Sabrina was made to be very strong there. ^^ And about the rest...yes, I agree, definitely. Otherwise, Ash would have stormed through several first gym with ease, and see how much he struggles...

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    @ P*A: Well, it was inspired by the anime. xp You still couldn't challenge Sabrina for the fourth badge. xp

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    (Short post today, in a rush)

@Wyyrlokk: Actually that makes a lot of sense, but I still don't like Koga being an elite. Besides, I'd be complaining just as much if it were Sabrina or Blaine anyway, I grew up beating these gym leaders and then suddenly one of them's an elite, it irks me.

Yep, he did win the Orange Leageu Trophy, but, forgive me the blasphemy, I think the orange leage wasn't really to be taken serious compared to the other leagues. They had less gyms and these gyms didn't always involve Pokemon battles in the classical style. And there was no tournament, just a fight against the champion himself.
    Yeah I know it wasn't that great, but this champion was still tougher than any other trainer in the whole area (in theory) so he can't have been that bad, and Ash did beat him. Like you say, childs play compared to the real leagues, but a true rookie still wouldn't have stood a chance.

Besides, Hoenn's elite four was weird. Steven appeared as a general Trainer of the week, his position never even mentioned, and Wallace later on didn't say much about his double career either. o,o Very confusing.
    Yeah it was done a little strangely. I didn't think about it at the time since I hadn't brought the games yet so didn't know any better, but looking back it does get a little confusing.

*twitches* Sorry, ever since CPF started with his Queen business, every mention of Cynthia and royalty in the same sentence makes me uncomfortable. >.<
    *Giggles* XD

Ontopic: Ash ever getting to Cynthia would mean that he beat Lucian...and that would annoy me. Greatly. Him beating Aaron, okay. Bertha...well, if she goes easy on him like her sister Agatha, okay. Flint...never. Got crammed by him in recent episode. That's probably where it stops for Ash.
    I still don't really see Ash ever beating an elite. *shrug* But then again, there's nothing to stop him challenging her without beating the elite four, Paul did it after all (and got his butt kicked xD (I don't like Paul)).

o,o Uh, you caught me there. Dunno. I don't think so, it keeps hitting Piplup with some move I can't remember. It could need help from Cynthia and her Pokemon.
    That'd be draco meteor, so I guess he hasn't mastered it yet. It's possible Cynthia will help him learn it then, provided hers even knows the move.

Ok wasn't as short as I meant it be... I'll let you guys decide if that's a good thing or not.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • @Wyrrlokk Mh, a lapse by the programmers, I see. Theoretically, you should be able to copy Ash's anime journey. (But then, you wouldn't *win* nearly half of the badges...)
    Yeah I know it wasn't that great, but this champion was still tougher than any other trainer in the whole area (in theory)
    That doesn't say much altogether, because we don't know how strong Orange trainers are in generall. We haven't seen many of them.
    so he can't have been that bad, and Ash did beat him. Like you say, childs play compared to the real leagues, but a true rookie still wouldn't have stood a chance.
    Mh, then let's say, he was an advanced trainer (no Advanced Generation joke here). No newbie anymore, but no professional, too.
    Yeah it was done a little strangely. I didn't think about it at the time since I hadn't brought the games yet so didn't know any better, but looking back it does get a little confusing.
    I don't have Emerald and for me, Steven is still the real champion. Of course, the anime shows us that Elite 4 can challenge their champion (as seen with Lucian&Aaron) and I suppose if they had beaten Cynthia, we would have a new champion now. And the same could be said then about the gym leaders. That way, it's explained how Wallace was suddenly the champion. Still weird, in the end, though.
    I still don't really see Ash ever beating an elite. *shrug*
    Let's say the anime goes on for another ten years. You still don't see Ash able to challenge a champion?XD Mind you, he doesn't seem to age, so he won't be in midlife crisis by then (though, if after all the years, he still hasn't achieved his dream....).
    But then again, there's nothing to stop him challenging her without beating the elite four, Paul did it after all
    Mh, interestingly enough, Lucian said before that you have to get through the league to challenge the E4. Maybe he only meant 'serious', official battles. Paul was only challenging Cynthia to 'test' her, anyway.
    (and got his butt kicked xD (I don't like Paul)).
    Me neither. But you have to admit, he makes a great, refreshing character.
    That'd be draco meteor, so I guess he hasn't mastered it yet. It's possible Cynthia will help him learn it then, provided hers even knows the move.
    It's Cynthia, her Pokemon probably know every strong move there is.
    Ok wasn't as short as I meant it be... I'll let you guys decide if that's a good thing or not.
    XD Well, it wasn't as short...and it takes up quite some time to reply. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    @Wyrrlokk Mh, a lapse by the programmers, I see. Theoretically, you should be able to copy Ash's anime journey. (But then, you wouldn't *win* nearly half of the badges...)

Well, it *is* possible... theoretically. But then you have to face her Lv. 50-Pokemon just after Lt. surges Lv.28-Raichu, letting out Erikas Pokemon (about Level 28, too)... which isn't the way it's *meant* to be played. xD

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • @Wyrrlokk First, I meant that you can't really copy Ash's journey because then, you would have to save Erica's Pokemon, make Sabrina laugh, etc, all the stuff he's done in the anime. And second...heh, if you train hard enough, you could manage that and beat Sabrina's Pokemon after Surge. Never mind that that's not the way it's supposed to be played, it's still possible.

OnTopic: Eh, yeah, HeartGold again...anybody here able to get the Arceus event? (and thus, the chance of seeing Cynthia in HG/SS)? Me not, me not have an Arceus. ;.;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back