• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D&D Inspired Pokemon game!

jiminy_jam

Stuck inside a Net Ball
Years
  • This felt like the right place to post this.

So, my best mate and I have been making a Pokemon Tabletop game.

It's actually come together quite nicely.

I've been trying to work out a decent yet simple equation for calculating damage.. It's the biggest issue at the moment.

Here's how it starts off - Each player picks their class, their starter and a back story.
    Turns are determined by die roll and turns commence. Players make their way from one edge of the map of the route to the other.
    At the end of movement, the player rolls. 3 possibilities follow - a wild Pokemon encounter, an event/trainer battle or nothing.

It's actually a lot more fun than I have made it sound, but I thought I'd share my awesomeness with PC.

So, points of discussion -
    What do you think of the idea, would you invest time in playing such a thing?
    Do you have any questions or suggestions?
    Is there anything similar you have done to pass the time?

Edit: Obviously there's a lot more to it, but that's just the basic mechanics of it, just to give a rough idea.

Back