• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years

I just beat Lucian. O____O;;;;;

Yay for having 100+ Hyper Potions and 80 Revives. XDDDD

Currently: Me vs. Cynthia

Just her Lucario left to KO. Currently playing: Let's see if you run out of PP before I run out of Hyper Potions/ Revives and pray you don't get a critical, as he has Psychic and Earthquake and Eight's Close Combat + Razor Claw (I switched items after battling Lucian for the second time) is my one shot at getting a KO. T_T;

Aaaand the risk I took worked! 8D Eight's Close Combat OHKO'd Lucario, which means that I beat the game. :3 With my team:

Eight, Infernape, lvl 56 @ Razor Claw
    Close Combat
    Grass Knot
    Flamethrower
    Aerial Ace

Ahnold, Machoke, lvl 51 @ Shell Bell
    Low Kick
    Rock Slide
    Rock Smash
    Cross Chop

Aste, Medicham, lvl 52 @ Lucky Incense (I needed something to re-stock with in case I got beaten again! XD)
    Ice Punch
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Force Palm

Khamuun, Lucario, lvl 51 @ Adamant Orb
    Iron Tail
    Close Combat
    Dragon Pulse
    Swords Dance

Sticky, Toxicroak, lvl 51 @ Quick Claw
    Dig
    Dark Pulse
    Revenge
    Poison Jab

Eight and Aste were the Pokemon of the match, though I did have great fun using Sticky's Dry Skin against Milotic. XD Khamuun and Aste made a great tag-team when Garchomp was stupid enough to use Giga Impact. :3 Ahnold gets the wooden spoon award, for being completely useless for anything other than death fodder. XD

Well, that's me done now. :3 Time to get started on my Drifloon monospecies challenge! -salutes- Later guys!

Last edited:

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    hmm. haven't updated in a long time. got very side tracked and didnt play for a while. I cant remember all the exact details, so I'll condense my update

-reached solaceon
    -traveled to vielstone and beat the little girl who calls herself a gym leader. pfff
    -helped worthless dawn get her pokedex back
    -traveled south to pastoria
    -beat the freaky fish guy
    -beat rival and galactic fool
    -used secret potion on the psyduck with the migraines
    - trained up quite a bit on the road to celestic town
    - beat galactic thug, got surf
    -evolved meditite
    -returned to hearthome, beat fantina

Mr. Mime- 30
    Bronzong- 34
    Alakazam- 38
    Medicham- 37

Years
    Hey, may i join? ill only start in like 20 days, but i woudl love to do the fighting challenge, with my final team something like this:

Infernape
    Heracross
    Medicham
    Lucario

:)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Yeah you can join... but you probably won't end up with Heracross as we aren't allowed to trade if you get a fighting type early on (Chimchar - Monferno - Infernape).

EDIT: Oopsy, I didn't realise you could get Heracross pre-national dex. Sorry.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    This says D/P Monotype Challenge, but when Platinum comes out, I assume it'll be D/P/Pl Monotype Challenge? If so, I'll be doing Steel: starting out with Piplup (for Empoleon), and adding Trash Cloak Wormadam and Bronzor ASAP.

(Well, I'll be doing a Steel monotype in Platinum anyway. It'd just be nice to do it as part of the official challenge. :P)

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    alrighty. another update

-surfed to canalave
    -defeated rival nub
    -trained on iron island
    -rec'd the riolu egg and boxed it
    -defeated Byron
    -am currently halfway to snowpoint

Alakazam 41
    Medicham 40
    Mr. Mime 38
    Girafarig 38
    Bronzong 39

*off topic* oh, and "thinking of a name" for the love of God, would you just choose a type and stick with it? you've spent the last two weeks changing your type, veering from the challenge, joining it again, and changing your type more. Frankly, it's ridiculous. Also, get rid of your signature; 1. the font is annoying, 2. no one cares, and 3. its a freaking pokemon, you're acting like your mother died or something. GET OVER IT

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Ok, I finished like a week ago, but I forgot to update. My Abs (Alakazam) was lvl 80 when I beat Cynthia. BTW, I did a mom-poke challenge. Anyways, this was fun.

P.S: Yeah, as long as you go to every area and fight every trainer, you can complete the Sinnoh 'dex with a magikarp.

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
    Years
    I will start psychic.
    Abra will be obtained after i catch and trade a machop in the first town.

Am i allowed to use an emulator for this?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I'll do Psychic as well.
    :3
    I'll get my Abra first in Oreburgh City
    Final team:
    Kadabra
    Mr. Mime
    Chimecho
    Girafarig
    Medicham/Bronzong

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    another update:

arrived in snowpoint
    defeated snowpoint gym with ease
    arrived at lake acuity too late
    flew to vielstone HQ
    destroyed everyone inside with extreme ease
    am currently about to scale Mt. Coronet

Alakazam: 46
    Mr. Mime 41
    Medicham 43
    Bronzong 40
    Girafarig 42

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    I think I'm going to start this and try Ghost. I already am near Oreburgh, but will trade the Gastly or Misdreavus over as soon as possible.

ShaySkymin

It's thaaaaaank Shaymin time!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I might give Electric a try. Lemme just see...

Yep, a few can be found.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    So here's what I've done so far:

Characters name is Morty (I hadn't even planned to do this when picking a name. He was just my favorite gym leader from g/s/c)
    Rival's name is Chuck (yet again, another g/s/c gym leader)
    Got chimchar as starter
    reached all the way up until the cave leading to oreburgh before deciding to take this challenge
    Traded a Drifloon egg over to the game, as it is near impossible to get a ghost type in Diamond before the 2nd gym leader
    Reached Oreburgh after a lot of training

Drifloon: Level 11
    moves: constrict, gust, astonish, and minimize

EDIT: I think I'm going to change to a flying type challenge. I'm going to keep Drifloon in my team, but I'm going to be getting a Starly soon.

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    What, this thing hasn't been updated in two weeks? Does no one out there want to do a monotype challenge anymore or what? :/

This says D/P Monotype Challenge, but I'm assuming that with the release of Platinum, anyone doing a monotype challenge on Platinum will be accepted as well? (The last time I asked that question, nobody responded, either with a yes or no. Thanks.) I'm doing a Steel Monotype in Platinum, I started with Piplup for its evolution into Empoleon. Haven't reached the first gym yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back