• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D/P redo of a Fakemon

Years
    Zomg, Chibi's back! And spriting of all things!!! 8O

My inability to keep spriting consistently led to my ongoing fake Pokemon thread continuously passing the one-month post limit and needing to be remade, so I guess I'll just post standalone threads from now.

I redid my old fake Pokemon Serpentyll in D/P style. Not only do I think that the shading is easier on D/P style sprites, having 80x80 to work with is just a breath of fresh air, seeing as I don't have the spriting ability to make most of my customs fit well in 64x64.

Old:
    D/P redo of a Fakemon

New:
    D/P redo of a Fakemon

100% scratch. Ah, having a tablet laptop makes scratching 32879058732 times easier. ^^ If you're curious, here was the sprite in-progress: https://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6655/serpenyllscrapspw1.png

The only thing I don't like is the tail. The leaves aren't positioned right on it, and won't fit any other way.

Oh wait...what's that? Threads need at least four sprites? Alright then...
    D/P redo of a Fakemon
    D/P redo of a Fakemon

One of my newer families. The Grass/Fire Kyrield and Savaline. Savaline is scratch, and Kyrield is a lazy Luxio edit. x3

~Chibi~

Last edited:
    Years
    Woah. Serpentylle and Savaline are just stunning. Congratulations. ;]

By the way, the old style on Serpentylle is strangely familiar. It's like I've seen it before... -ponders-

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    nice job on the redo in D/P style, even though I actually prefer abstract poses for pokemon, kind of like your original R/S sprites. I don't know, but pokemon just standing there look a tad boring though. Good job on the spriting, anyway, it's far better than I could ever do. Dragon/Grass, by any chance?
    And the tail looks great, I didn't even notice till you mentioned it. Well, I still don't notice it, so you don't have to worry about it.

MASTrader

Mew Trader and have ALL events
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2010
    Awesome sprites. Are you planning on doing a Pokedex (Correct me if you have one)

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
    Years
    Wow, those are really neat. I can -NOT- do scratches, so that makes them seem even better to me. Or maybe I can, I just don't have the patience. xD

Years
    Hey! It's Chibi Pika! Now there's someone I remember from way back when. And you've gotten far better, I see. :3

Serpenyll is simply wonderful. The shading on the wingbladethings on the arms is great. :D That sprite progress intrigues me-- instead of drawing the outline first, then coloring (as I do), you're drawing seperate parts and coloring it as you go along. I would expect that to create minor anatomical problems, but some reason for you it doesn't. o_o Excellent work!

You now realize that you have half the community begging you to make more sprites? xD

Years
    nice job on the redo in D/P style, even though I actually prefer abstract poses for pokemon, kind of like your original R/S sprites. I don't know, but pokemon just standing there look a tad boring though. Good job on the spriting, anyway, it's far better than I could ever do. Dragon/Grass, by any chance?
    And the tail looks great, I didn't even notice till you mentioned it. Well, I still don't notice it, so you don't have to worry about it.
    Heh, yeah, I do prefer dynamic poses, but the old Serpentyll's pose just bugged the crap out of me since it looks like it's floating there. :P I'm leaning between Grass/Dragon and Grass/Flying. Since he was one of my starters, he wouldn't be able to have levitate, but on the other hand, Grass/Dragon makes more sense.
    Awesome sprites. Are you planning on doing a Pokedex (Correct me if you have one)
    Well, I've had several threads containing many fakemon in the past. There's a link to one in my sig, but it's closed.
    Hey! It's Chibi Pika! Now there's someone I remember from way back when. And you've gotten far better, I see. :3

Serpenyll is simply wonderful. The shading on the wingbladethings on the arms is great. :D That sprite progress intrigues me-- instead of drawing the outline first, then coloring (as I do), you're drawing seperate parts and coloring it as you go along. I would expect that to create minor anatomical problems, but some reason for you it doesn't. o_o Excellent work!
    Yup, I'm back, finally. xD The reason I progress through it differently is I get bored with outlining very easily, and I find it much easier to tell whether the outline looks good or not if there's color there. And the wing-shading was my favorite improvement seeing as I hated the shading on the R/S Sprite.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

~Chibi~

Urser

Fakemon Designer!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    WOW! The revamp looks A LOT better than the old one. And grass/fire Pokemon. Be careful! Haha!

Back