• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Dame Dungeon: Baka Misky [Explorers of Sky] [Completed]

Days
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
It's Baka Mitime to save the world from Dame Destruction...

Dame Dungeon: Baka Misky

Base ROM: 4273 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (USA).nds
1703904915436.png1703904933571.png

1703904944852.png1703904982786.png

The long awaited meme Yakuza hack is now here!

Dame Dungeon: Baka Misky is regular Explorers of Sky, with the exact same script, except with some Yakuza flavoring, and two added "Pokemon" — Kiryu and Majima!
They each have their own stats and movesets, and are about as balanced as Kiwami 1 combat.

But, I mean, it's funny:
1703905331914.png

Features:
  • Yakuza themed intro screen.
  • Two brand new "Pokemon" with their own individual movesets!
  • A custom signature move added to Explorers of Sky, Tiger Drop.
  • All healing/PP-restoring items have been reskinned into their Yakuza equivalents.
  • All thrown items are now one-use bicycles that do massive damage.
  • The Majima Everywhere system — in every dungeon, there's a small chance of encountering Majima on every floor!
  • Zero changes to the script. I don't trust myself to completely rewrite Sky in the Yakuza style, and now you get to screenshot weird moments that only make sense if you're a Pokemon and not a Kiryu.
  • A secret surprise at the end of the game...

Are you up to save the Pokemon world from dame destruction?
Or will it be subject to Primal Dialga's JUDGEMENT (審判)? (Nevermind the fact Judgment is an Arceus move...)

Known Issues (and workarounds):
Spoiler:

Credits:
Made with Skytemple!
Magikarp portrait made by JemDragons: https://sprites.pmdcollab.org/#/0129?form=0

Additional Notes:
This hack took a long time to release because no one in my friend group ended up playtesting it.
Hence, bugs MAY show up, and if any cutscenes get softlocked, please press A + B + X + Y and pray the game continues past a softlock!
Or, see the Known Issues section for currently discovered bugs and workarounds.

Do report any bugs to the forum thread, but I'm a busy man with a lot of odd coding projects, so it may take me a while to get around to it.
Additionally, if I forget any credits, please let me know!
In the meantime, enjoy!

1703914843687.png1703914868160.png

1703914952104.png1703915014092.png

Attachments

• dame dungeon v1.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Back