• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark team

Years
  • a friend and me have a bet going on between each other... going with one set of pokemon who is the better trainer,w ithout abusing directly the other's qweakness (eg. he is grass, I couldn't be fire) I chose Dark.... he is running grass, I have access to R/S/c/Fr, can anyone help?

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • Dark vs Grass, huh... Strange type matchup.

Houndoom is a definate in for this situation. Come to think of it, Houndoom with Substitute and Flamethrower can run through most grasses... I'd think anyways. Since Darks are not plentiful, maybe Sneasel too, and how about Umbreon for a nice DT baton passing and such? :X

Kholdstaire

ph33r me. rawr
    Years
    • Age 37
    • NC
    • Seen May 1, 2006
    T-Tar with Flamethrower and Aerial Ace and Dragon Dance plz.

Murkrow with Perish Song and T-Wave

Umbreon with Mean Look or something

Houndoom with Fire Blast

Shiftry with m00b

Sneasel with Blizzard and Swords Dance and Aerial Ace.

PWN

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • Khold, Ttar would have to switch into some randomly opportune time to be even able to go up against a grass team. Especially if the other guy isn't pro, he prolly will have plenty of grass moves up his arsenal to kill TTar with =/

Shiftry's a good idea, I shoulda thought of that.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Shiftry also gives you Leech Seed protection. So does Cacturne - speaking of which, there's another Grass/Dark type you can use.

Tyranitar@Lum Berry
    EV: 129 Att, 252 Speed, 129 Sp Att
    Nature: + Att/Sp Att, - Def
    Dragon Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Rock Slide
    Fire Blast

Anti-grass version, also can take down Jumpfluff easier with Rock Slide

Murkrow@Quick Claw
    EV: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 6 Def
    Nature: + Att, - Sp Att
    Drill Peck
    Confuse Ray
    Perish Song
    Fly

Get Umbreon to Baton Pass Mean Look, and abuse Perish Song + Fly if you wish, or Drill Peck for SE damage. Insomnia gives you Spore/Sleep Powder protection, great for anti-Breloom/Venusaur/Parasect/other Sleep users

Umbreon@Leftovers/no item
    EV: 252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
    Nature: + Sp Def, - Att
    Mean Look
    Baton Pass
    Thief/Double Team/Charm
    Charm/Moonlight

Steal someone's Leftovers, or abuse Double Team/Charm for physical attackers

Houndoom@Lum Berry (Note: Early Bird!)
    EV: 252 Speed, 252 Sp Att, 6 Sp Def
    Nature: + Sp Att, - Att
    Crunch/Pursuit
    Flamethrower
    Torment/Sunny Day
    Taunt/HP Ice/Rest

Ludicolo is by far the worst enemy for Houndoom, being a Swift Swimmer and having resistance to most of his offensive moves. Consider Sunny Day to assist sweeping/water protection, or wait for a Chlorophyll user to set it up for you. HP Ice is if you want more than one SE attack to abuse.

Shiftry@Quick Claw
    EV: 252 Speed, 252 Att, 6 Def
    Nature: + Att, - Sp Att
    Explosion
    Quick Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break

Shiftry is naturally faster than most Chlorophyll users (apart from Jumpfluff), so they'll be able to go faster especially if Sunny Day is up. Go boom on tanks like Ludicolo or Venusaur, since it will do more damage than Aerial Ace. Leave Brick Break on for Cradily.

Sneasel@Salac/Liechi Berry
    EV: 252 Speed, 252 Att, 6 Sp Def
    Nature: + Att, -Def
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break
    Agility

Agility gives you equal Speed with Sunny Day Jumpfluff. Blizzard isn't going to be hurting anyone, not with base Sp Att 35, just stick with Sneasel's Aerial Ace, leaving Brick Break on for anti-Cradily/Cacturne/Shiftry purposes

Kholdstaire

ph33r me. rawr
    Years
    • Age 37
    • NC
    • Seen May 1, 2006
    I have to disagree. Blizzard is actually a decent move if you put some SATK EVs. The chance to Freeze is nothing to scoff at, and Jumpluff is a OHKO. It'll bring almost all of the other Grass types to at LEAST 60-70% of their total max HP. Blizzard's STAB>Aerial Ace.

Back