• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Void [PG-13]

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    "Okay, so you know Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand and Heal Bell, now that we got that out of the way, what say we explore the ship a bit?" For the past hour, Brumae had been showing Cody the moves it knew. Cody had been quite impressed. Not long after whilst continuing to train, they felt the ship take off.

Despite the rather strange beginning to his journey, which Cody now didn't worry too much about, he was glad to have started his journey regardless. Call it selfish, but Cody didn't want to care about other people's quarrels. He wanted to live the way he wanted to.

"Eeee!" His Pokemon cried, clearly it wanted to do some exploring too.

Thus they set off to visit the ship, he first passed the A corridor, wondering if there were other trainers set out by Esthin that happened to be in these rooms. Cody didn't pay much mind to it however, as he was set more on exploring the ship.

In no time he memorized the locations of things on the ship, and found his way to the food court area. There he piled high his plate full with pizza and desserts he had never even heard of before. The selection for Brumae was just as extensive; she sniffed each type, and decided on a couple different flavours. To which Cody made for her, on her own plate. They sat at a window seat, watching the ocean and land move by.

"Well hopefully we don't get too fat at the beginning of our adventure," Cody laughed. "We can hit the gym after, if you want, it won't be as dark as that one though."

"Vee..." Brumae said somewhat less enthusiastically.

"Ha ha, trust me, it will be more fun than you think." Cody, pat his pokemon softly on the head.

Once they were done, they headed back to their own room just to get ready and prepare for the battles. He managed to find a pamphlet of information, in regards to the battle areas. It advertised that there was reinforced steel, and other precautions set forth, to ensure the safety of everyone on board, as no accident from battling was warranted.

Walking towards the battle area, Cody turned the corner just as he saw a really tall guy trip and hit the ground really hard. Apparently he had tripped over a Poochyena.

Cody couldn't help but laugh, to which he tried to stifle (with little success). The guy seemed too tall to be able to have noticed the Poochyena.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Standing back up, Christopher turned at a slight snorting laughter, and saw some boy with an eevee. He then chuckled slightly, saying to him self "I'm drawing my own little crowd simply by tripping."

Murkrow had already lifted into the air, though this time the pokemon chose to fly in circles above Christopher's head in a protective manner. Christopher then turned to the boy that had laughed earlier, slightly towering over the boy because of his long legs. Christopher then blandly asked what the boy thought was so funny, examining the bandages on the right hand of the boy, and his altogether youthful appearance.

Christopher also realized that the boy looked to be around ten to twelve, judging from his demeanor. Throughout this examination, the poochyena that Christopher had tripped over started growling louder and louder. The dog pokemon then showed his annoyance at being ignored with a single loud bark.

Christopher cringed at the loud noise, turning around and asking "What in the world is so dire that you must make me go deaf with that blood curdling bark," in an acid tone that Christopher had seen stop a seviper in it's tracks.

Personally Christopher would be amazed if the poochyena apeared unfazed.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Cody walked forward as the tall guy spoke, and craned his neck high. He saw the tall guy looking at his faux - bandages, and Cody quickly hid his hand behind his back.

"What's so funny?" The tall guy asked.

"I don't know!" Cody responded in a mockingly indignant tone, he didn't like it when people looked at his hand. Cody also noticed the amount of dark pokemon, and realized that this guy might have also spoken with Esthin. He didn't really want to get to know him though, especially if he lapped up Esthin's words.

Speaking his mind, however, he said outloud "that's a dark pokemon, isn't it?"

I think I should have just kept walking, Cody thought, oh well.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    "That's a dark pokemon, isn't it?"

It was the kid who had no idea what he had laughed at earlier, and Christopher decided to have some fun. "The poochyena here is a dark type, though I cannot confirm that it is a dark pokemon. That depends on its personality," Christopher said, with that tone of voice that often made people feel like they were being poked fun at.

Christopher then noticed that the other boy had hid his bandaged hand behind when he noticed Christopher observing it. Christopher tucked the boy's privacy when it came to the bandaged hand away, prepared to use it for his own purposes.

Christopher then remembered what his parents had taught him about manners, whispering in a rather subdued voice that had lost its previous edge "My name is Christopher. May I inquire of your name?"

Christopher stared intently at the boy as he waited for an answer, his hands tucked behind his back in a polite manner.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    The tall guy seemed to be making fun of Cody's choice of words. This annoyed Cody further. To which his facial expressions did not hide at all, he was looking kind of disgusted.

Then the tall guy revealed his name to be Chris, and he did so in an eerily genuine manner, this didn't sit well with Cody. He couldn't trust this guy. Then again... Cody seemed to ponder to himself, he'd know his intentions better if he were to be in a Pokemon fight with him. As often times Cody knew that to get to know someone better was to fight them in a pokemon battle.

Coming to a conclusion of what to do, Cody, gave a montone expression as a response to Chris' sudden change of heart, and walked passed him, still hiding the faux bandage from his view.

Without looking back, and ignoring the Poochyena's growl, he said "don't treat me like a child, if you want to battle we can do so in the battle area of the ship." And he left with Brumae to this said location.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    (OOC: Typed this before Feign's last post, didn't feel like editing much though.)

'Sigh, this is taking to long', James thought to himself as he left the C hallway. The boat had started up, and still the man on the other side of the C-4 door didn't respond. 'Time to see what's out on the deck…'

The deck was cleaned and polished wood. The rails where a sicking white, like the walls of the ferrie. 'Just like all the other ferries.' James sighed to himself.

"That's a dark pokemon, isn't it?"

'Hmmm, seems there are others out on deck.' The morning sun cast a glare into James' eyes. Rounding the corner to his right, the sun was now on his left. Through the glare, he saw a crowd of people.

"The poochyena here is a dark type, though I cannot confirm that it is a dark pokemon. That depends on its personality,"

James was now subconsciously walking across the deck. 'Looks like I lost one of my fellow trainers, but found three more…'

"My name is Christopher. May I inquire of your name?"

"My name is James." 'Might as well throw myself out there.' A slight breeze blew James' cloak slightly to the left. 'Looks like a party. Might as well send my pokemon out too.' And with that James dropped his pokeball, and a Houndour sprang forth. He looked around cautiously, confused about all the other pokemon. 'Oh right. I haven't spent that much time with him out of his ball yet….' James looked around, a tall young man, a pale girl, and a week boy with his bandaged hand behind his back. 'So this is out team? Well it looks like we might be able to do this. Not the best looking bunch, but definitely not the worst I've seen.' Just then the shorter of them sterted walking off. 'Weird...'

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    An indignant yelp escaped Taz as a foot connected with his side with enough force to knock the wind out of him. He whirled around with his teeth bared, to discover that the offender was a human that had simply not been paying attention. Since the action had not been intentional he didn't immediately rip into him. Karis seemed angry about it than he was, but he gave her a look that said 'Let it go. It's just not worth it. The both of them were about to turn and leave when the one who had tripped over Taz spoke. If he had only kept silent, there would be no issue. But the comment was a blow to his pride. He snarled menacingly, his hackles raised and ears flat against his head. The caustic tone had not bothered him in the least; he'd been raised for the first part of his life by Esthin.

"Taz was not bothering you in any way," Karis defended. "It is your fault for not paying mind to where your feet fall. And I'll have you know he is not barking. In case you're so new at this you're not familiar with the vocalization of Poochyena, that would be a snarl."

Her temper ignited along with Taz's, she adopted an aggressive stance, clearly communicating her readiness to settle this physically. When some kid intruded, she turned an icy glare to him. "They're Dark types. Yes. Did the dark colors give it away?"

The first kid, the one who had tripped over Taz, seemed to lose all aggression after the addition of the second. Karis scoffed, shaking her head. Most people lost all will to defend themselves when faced with an audience, sadly. The second kid left shortly after, however, which she thought to be a positive thing. Perhaps she and Taz could finally get a chance to test their abilities.

Before she knew what had happened, yet another joined the fray. Frustrated, she looked down at Taz. "I don't know about you, love, but I'm not running a circus here. Are you ready to go?"

He did bark an affirmative then, a predatory gleam in his eyes. "Good, then. Christopher. You can either walk away, or make this a fair fight. I won't wait forever."

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    "Good, then. Christopher. You can either walk away, or make this a fair fight. I won't wait forever."

At this James' ears perked up. He took a quick look at the "combatants'. A Poochyena, and a Murkrow. Flight may be an advantage, but the Poochyena should have an attack advantage.

"Battle eh? Well if you want to settle this, I would love to be the unbiased judge. I don't know ether of you, and there is now pokemon center here on deck. Best for me to judge, rather then you to kill each others pokemon, instead of going after Lance's people. So, what do you both say...?"

James' Houndour looked up at him with a look on its face. 'Its alright, I want to see what our allies can do.' The Houndour's face changed subtly, but it was good enough for James. The sun had risen a bit more, and the glare was drastically cut. The deck didn't look big enough for a battle, at least not on this side. The front might be a better place, or they might be able to take this indoors. An indoor battle would put the Poochyena on equal footing with the Murkrow.

Strikit

Years
    The young Pidgey's peeping was joined by the irritated rumble of thunderclouds. Fyora glanced up at the sky and promptly flinched as a raindrop landed in her eye. "I guess it is going to rain," she sighed. Razor growled and pawed at his Pokeball inside her jacket. Taking the hint, she recalled him promptly. The Pidgey, on the other hand, jumped at the mechanical sound of the ball working.

"He's too young to recall anyway, isn't he?" she said thoughtfully. "I'll just have to carry him until he gets older. Razor may not like it, but it'll work for now. He doesn't like rain anyway."

To keep the Pidgey dry, Fyora unbuttoned her jacket and tucked it under the loose fabric. It dug its claws into her shirt and looked up at her with bright, frightened and questioning eyes. "You're going to be alright," she reassured it. "I promise. I'll keep you nice and warm."

She turned her attention to Sephy, who had decided to find out what his gift Pokemon was. With a flash of light a particularly shiny Riolu materialized. "That's a lovely name," Fyora commented. "I think you're right on the gender. Her eyes just have a feminine look to them."

The light condensation falling from the sky had intensified to a drizzle. Fyora glanced up, mostly unperturbed. The rain wasn't all that bad yet, so they could continue on. But she'd still hoped that the day would remain dry.

"Are you ready to keep going?" she asked the other two. "We're not making very good time."

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
    "I'm ready to keep going, I don't see anything I want to catch here anyways, it's too bad Razor doesen't like the rain, Shimmer seems to like it, in fact she seems to like everything." Shimmer was doing what looked like dancing in the rain, she also sniffed every flower she saw, but she seemed to adore Fyora she was constantly switching from walking next to Sephy to walking next to Fyora and vice versa, she couldn't make up her mind. "Well, your energetic, I bet you'd be fast in a battle, but don't wear yourself down, we've got a long way to go, and rain has a way of making everything just a little more daunting and energy consuming.

When Sephy looked up into the sky he couldn't help smiling. "I already love this place, is it just me, or is it raining with the sun out? It doesen't seem overcast at all...just beautiful...." Sephy looked towards Lizzie. "How's your Magby doing? I hope the rain isn't troubling her too much." As they walked it quickly became apparent that Sephy had forgotten his bashfulness around girls in all the beauty of nature and the pokemon, he wasn't being bashful at all anymore, hopefully he would keep forgetting because as soon as he stopped he....uh oh, he just remembered...."Heh heh...." Sephy blushed for just a moment and didn't talk anymore, he began looking at the ground...."That's enough for now...." Shimmer looked up at Sephy, she already understood what was going on, she did the pokemon equivalent of a giggle and began walking by Fyora again, somebody more confident, that was better.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Christopher looked timidly at the girl and her fighting stance. He put his hands behind his back, before asking "Is that a challenge to a pokemon battle, or a hand to hand fight? I sincerely hope you are challenging me to a pokemon battle, as I prefer to refrain from harming a … lady." Christopher did not mean to pause before saying "lady," though when he realized he had hesitated, he knew he had thrown gasoline on an already burning fire.

A small black bird then flitted down to the ground at Christopher's whistle, the murkrow's trainer turning to face a new boy who introduced himself as "James."
    Christopher took the new boy's arrival and the smaller boy's disappearance in stride, turning to the new boy and saying, "An indoor battle would be nice, if this lady doesn't mind, but there is also the problem of my other challenger. I wonder if this is how gym leaders feel."

Christopher then turned back to the girl, who was looking infuriated and impatient, saying "Perhaps, if James is willing, we can have a double battle? Me and James, versus you," He then stopped, gesturing towards the girl in her aggressive stance, and continued, "and the other boy from earlier."

At that, Christopher turned to the direction in which the boy in the bandages had walked off, Murkrow flapping up to perch on Christopher's outstretched arm. He could faintly make out a sign that said "Battle Arena," and had an arrow pointing down the hallway.

At the last second before Christopher was plunged into the darkness of the hallway, he turned around, saying "Oh, you met Esthin, too, James?"

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    "Perhaps, if James is willing, we can have a double battle? Me and James, versus you," He then stopped, gesturing towards the girl in her aggressive stance, and continued, "and the other boy from earlier."

'Hehehe, I like this guy, hope he can battle well. Wish I had more time to see what my Houndour could do to…' He started to walk off down the hallway. The same one that the smaller boy had left down earlier. His Murkrow was perched on his shoulder. 'This might work. My Hourdour against her Poochyena, and his Murkrow against the other boy's Eevee. Three dogs, and a bird.' James started to frown. 'That means my Houndour would get double teamed while this guy's Murkrow lined up an attack… That plus the fact I have no clue what attacks my Houndour knows, doesn't leave me in a good spot.' James looked down at his Houndour, who in return looked up with unworried eyes. 'Actually, my Houndour looks eager… We might be able to do this. I just hope that this guy's Murkrow is accurate, Houndour won't be able to take many hits, and well need to end the battle fast to win.'

James looked up just in time to see the boy start to walk into the hallway. "Oh, you met Esthin, too, James?"

James jogged up to his new ally with a slight smile, "Ya, I probably spent more time in his gym then everyone else on this mission put together." James tried to think back to how and when he joined. 'That's funny, I can't remember….' James stopped, and looked down at his Houndour.

The Growlithe looked up at him, with eagerness on his face that made him look like he could bust. A small laugh could be heard in the background, from what seemed like a small boy. "Alright let's see what you know buddy." There was now a small red bird against them. It looked patient, and was waiting for them to make the first move. With no trainer in sight, this was a weird thing to see. An honorable wild pokemon. "Alright, Growlithe use ember!" The Spearow jumped over the fireball, and headed towards them. "Uhhh…. Growlithe, howl them leer!" A small roar came from the Growlithe, and then the Spearow looked a bit nervous, most likely from the leer. "Ummm, he's getting close. Growlithe fire fang!" The Growlithe ran to the right then jumped left into the Spearow, mouth wide open, but with a slight flame around it. The Spearow was bitten around its side, when the Growlithe let go, it looked it strait in the eyes and flew off.

James snapped back to reality, thoughtful of what he had just seen. His Houndour had a slightly worried look on its face, and the eagerness was gone. 'I wonder….'

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    As Cody left, he noticed two other trainers at the corner of his eye, also approach the Christopher guy.

Is this guy popular or something? Cody thought, Oh well, I don't care, I'll show him how do battle!

Once he got to the battle area, he was surprised in how empty it was, as though not that many people on board were pokemon trainers. He decided to approach a referee to get a list of the rules. Once he got it, he quickly flipped through it.

Mumbling to himself, Cody found the specific ship rules, "don't destroy the ship... blah blah blah... 2 vs. 2 is acceptable... keep an eye on your pokemon at all times... don't forget about our on board pokemon center... Well I think this makes sense."

He put the pamphlet in his pocket and decided to try out Brumae on one of the trainers here. He looked down at his Brumae, who was still looking all over the place.

"So how about a first battle with one of these guys?" He said pointing at a few stragglers. "I'll teach you how to get better, and we'll work as an awesome team." At this he smiled, and before he could make a decision on who to fight, some kid, not much older than him approached him.

"Do... do you want to battle?" He said almost nervously.

"Uh, yeah, sure." Cody said, surprised finding someone to battle with was that quick.

Cody motioned to a referee, and no sooner, their battle was underway.

The boy brought out a Ratata, and Cody set forth his Eevee.

"Okay Brumae, I'll help you out, do as I say, and we'll be a great team!" Cody said confidently, also giving Eevee the confidence she needed.

The battle began.

"Okay Eevee, use tail whip!" Cody called immediately.

The opponents Ratata looked transfixed, if anything less weary. The trainer had already told it to use quick attack and it was heading its way here.

"Okay side step and use tackle when I tell you Brumae." Cody said, watching he fast approaching Ratata. It was gaining speed. Excellent, Cody thought.

"Okay now!" Cody called.

Brumae side stepped just in time, the Ratata, obviously surprised that it had missed, but no sooner could it fix its mistake that it was suddenly tackled by Brumae and with the momentum of its quick attack, was sent flying past Cody. When it finally landed, it was out cold.

"Winner is Cody and his Eevee!" The referee called, just as the boy was rushing to his Ratata's aid.

"Yay!" Cody cried almost too enthusiastically, thrusting his faux bandaged hand in the air. It may have been his first win with Brumae, but he was also celebrating an internal victory. It was the first time he had fought a legitimate battle, and wasn't training to kill or anything. It was just a simple Pokemon battle.

He opened his arms for Brumae to jump in and he smiled and pet her.

"I knew you could do it!"

The referee turned to Cody, "Here you go kid," he said, handing him what looked to be a badge. The referee walked off as Cody further inspected it. It was made of cheap plastic and read: I won a battle on the ferry battle arena.

A cheap item, probably for kids... But nonetheless Cody smiled and put it in his pocket, as a mark for the other victory. He was even surprised on how fast the battle was, he didn't realize there was a generous amount of "oomph" in Brumae's attack. He decided to wait for Christopher to arrive... If he was going to...

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    ((I'll have everyone post their own entrance))

Cody saw them all come in, including that tall guy; he wanted to fight him still. The two others with him, seemed agitated, and he immediately recognized them both from the hallway as well. Cody decided to approach Christopher and declare a battle.

"You!" Cody pointed his finger at Chris, "Battle, now!"

Chris, before he could speak, was interrupted by Karis.

"You – battle – now!" She said in a mocking voice, repeating what Cody had just said, "Listen kid, cut the tough act. Anyway I'm battling him now."

"What's he here for then?" Cody asked, now looking at James.

"He was to be our judge." Christopher said rather calmly.

"Uh... Hi." James said in a nearly emotionless voice.

"They've got judges here already, let's have a two on two battle, we're allowed that here." He turned his head to Karis again, "you wanted to fight him too? Let's go against him together," Cody said.

Karis scoffed but agreed nonetheless.

No sooner had they registered, that they got their battle arena underway. On one side stood James and Christopher with their Houndour and Murkrow respectively, and on the other side Karis and Cody with their Poochyena and Eevee. Then the referee started the battle, they were off.

All four trainers had already started calling their attacks. Cody had had experience with battles against multiple enemies, but this was more controlled and, the opponent wouldn't be surprised like they were before...

He figured he might as well play it naively however, so that his opponents would underestimate him.

"Brumae, let's help out that Poochyena, go behind it and use Helping Hand!" Cody called.

As the other three Pokemon were approaching in attack range, Brumae began her cheer.

Murkrow was in the air now diving towards Poochyena, it was going to use peck, its beak beginning to glow. The Houndour was focused on Cody's Eevee, and it sent hot bolts of ember in its direction.

"Dodge it!" Cody cried, but it was too late, the attack hit Eevee, who could not finish her attach, and was knocked back.

"Draw out their attention!" Cody called to Karis, "I'll get my pokemon to help yours."

Karis seemed to scoff again, but she seemed to already have a plan. She had called her Poochyena to use Uproar at the precise time the Murkrow was about to attack. The noise and blue light spilling from the Poochyena was enough to drive both the Murkrow and Houndour bonkers, though the Murkrow was focused enough to avoid crashing into the floor as a result of its unsuccessful attack. This gave enough time for Brumae to use her Helping Hand move, being behind the Poochyena, she was not affected by the attack. Thus blue light like electricity came from Brumae, and connected with the Poochyena. The Poochyena acted in surprise as a large burst of energy was met, it would have felt stronger now.

"Now Brumae stay behind there and use tail whip on that Houndour." Cody called, he hoped Brumae could pull through.

CONTINUED!

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    James and Chris walked in, half heartedly reminiscing about their time with Esthin. Chris' Murkrow flew lower in through the doorway. Kris followed behind them basically rolling her eyes, her Poochyena following close behind her.

"You!" Cody pointed his finger at Chris, "Battle, now!"

Chris, before he could speak, was interrupted by Karis.

"You – battle – now!" She said in a mocking voice, repeating what Cody had just said, "Listen kid, cut the tough act. Anyway I'm battling him now."

"What's he here for then?" Cody asked, now looking at James.

"He was to be our judge." Christopher said rather calmly.

"Uh... Hi." James said in a nearly emotionless voice. He was clearly upset that Cody didn't realize him immediately and then insulted him! 'Gah, who does this kid think he is?!?'

"They've got judges here already, let's have a two on two battle, we're allowed that here." He turned his head to Karis again, "you wanted to fight him too? Let's go against him together," Cody said.

'Revenge… Oh wait I don't know Hourdours attacks! Ah well I'll wing it.' James gave Chris a nervous smile so he knew there situation. Chris only responded with a blank stare and stunned face. 'This might be bad….'

Karis scoffed but agreed nonetheless.

No sooner had they registered, that they got their battle arena underway. On one side stood James and Christopher with their Houndour and Murkrow respectively, and on the other side Karis and Cody with their Poochyena and Eevee. Then the referee started the battle, they were off.

"Don't slow me down, and listen fast. You don't know your Houndour's attacks, but you can stall. You stall them while I line up the shot. Got it?" Chris was obviously upset, and was hissing at James. James only responded with a slight nod.

'Some one who's winging it, and a planner? This might not turn out so well.'

"Alright, go!" Chris' voice was slightly calmer and much more focused now. Houndour and Murkrow started closing in on them. "Murkrow, line up a peck on that Poochyena, we need to take it out fast!" Chris' and James' eyes where averted to the Eevee trying to support the Poochyena. Chris shoot a quick glance at James.

"Houndour, flank that Eevee with a ember." 'Please work' Houndour raced off to the left, and then let loose a ball of fire right at the Eevee. The fire hit before the Eevee could finish its support of its ally. Murkrow was closing in fast, just as Poochyena started to glow blue. Both Murkrow and Houndour where trown back. The Eevee's helping hand worked this time, and added to the shockwave.

Now the Eevee was starting to tailwhiping Houndour. Poochyena was still glowing though. "Houndour, stop that attack!" Murkrow started to fly upwards again as Houndour charged right at the Poochyena, when its mouth started to glow a bright orange. The firefang hit right as the second uproar was starting to move outwards. The hit connected and the blue pulse dispersed, but not before sending Houndour flying back to James for the second time. Murkrow stated to soar downwards in a pursuit, just as Eevee jumped to the side. 'That won't help you….' Eevee then tackled into Murkrow. Murkrow fell to the ground and a foot back, and the Eevee started to slide across the floor. The pursuit had hit right on its forehead. Poochyena started to slap the floor, then sent mud right at Houndour. Houndour fell back over from the impact. Murkrow came up to its side though, and hit the Poochyena with an astonish.

James looked at Chris who was obviously immersed in the battle. "We need to get Houndour back up. Got any plans?" Chris looked back at him…

Strikit

Years
    "Clair knew a lot of people," Fyora answered with a shrug. "There were big shots in and out of the gym every day, and my dad didn't like to be disturbed at work. Normally, I only met people when he had a dinner to help better the gym. I met Clair that way."

The baby Pidgey continued to peep in protest at being mobile. Fyora pet its head and unbuttoned her jacket. It pushed its way inside immediately and found a pocket, where it nestled in. She laughed softly, peering down at it. "Are you comfortable?" It peeped at her and buried its head in its wing. "Jesse," she decided suddenly. "You, my love, are named Jesse." The Pidgey seemed unperturbed by this news.

She looked up as Sephy released his Pokemon, to discover that it was a Riolu. "She's gorgeous," she commented. Riolu had never been her favorite; in fact, Fighting types in general were not. But she was a nice looking Pokemon, and Sephy seemed thrilled, so she was.

Oldlale became visible before long. It was small, smaller even than Littleroot, but it had a Pokemon Center and a Mart. She wanted to visit both, to make sure her Pokemon were healthy, get Jesse checked, and stock up on everything. If they had any Luxury Balls in stock she wanted to get one for Jesse. The poor thing had already been stressed enough. The more comfortable she could make its life, the better. The thought occurred to her that perhaps the nurse would be able to tell her its gender. That would be nice, too, so she could start referring to it correctly.

"So, what are your hopes for this trip?" she asked Sephy, deciding to take this opportunity to get to know him better.

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
    "Hmm, I guess that makes sense, I proabably shouldn't have assumed my dad would be THAT important." Sephy said to himself when he heard Fyora's answer. He had never really thought of the possibility that 1 time league champion or not, his dad wasn't that much of a big shot, just another pokemon trainer with some talent.

Sephy smiled when the Pidgey continued to protest and peep about being carried around. it was so cute, he had rarely ever seen baby pokemon before and they were all adorable, so cute. He also thought Jesse was a good name, beautiful, and gender neutral as well, very smart.

When Fyora commented on Shimmer Sephy couldn't help but smile again. "Yes, she sure is." Sephy said, looking at Shimmer with loving eyes, he didn't even notice that she was walking next to Fyora instead of him, little did he know Shimmer liked Fyora a lot already because of her personality and because Shimmer already felt like she new Sephy really well, and she thought Fyora was just the person to bring him out of his shell.

Sephy noticed them getting closer to Oldale. "Cool, now I can get Shimmer checked up on and get some supplies, I'm not rich, but dad gave me plenty for supplies, Fyora can probably handle herself just fine with food but....." "Maybe with some supplies from Oldale I could make us some food, I've always loved cooking, I cook most of my own meals, what kinds of food do you like?"

Whn Fyora spoke again Sephy's nervousness came back, it wasn't a very personal question, but nonetheless he got a little bashful just from being asked anything about himself specifically, then he shook himself out of it. "Of course she wants to know more about me, we'll be spending a lot of time together and we may depend on each other for survival at times, it's only natural, knock it off wuss." What Sephy didn't know was Shimmer was already establishing a connection with him, he couldn't hear her thoughts but SHE on the other hand could read his mind, which made her giggle again. "Me?" Sephy finally said, his voice cracking slightly. "I just want to train a pokemon team, strong like my brother's or my dad's and maybe become a breeder some day, and of course complete the task we were sent out here for, how about you? How'd someone so well cultured and confident like you end up traveling around to 'save the world' with a loser like me?"

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Taryl stood behind the lab that belonged to professor Birch with a frown on his face. His contact was late. This was intolerable. He was getting a late start. He needed to catch up with the others and kick some good guy's nose in. Taryl smiled, that was a pleasurable thought. Where was his contact?! He was beginning to get antsy. He looked down at Chill, clearly annoyed.

"Any idea how we're going to punish this guy for being late when he gets here? I was thinking that I could hold him down while you beat the crap out of him. Sound good?"

"Lar. Larvitar!"

Taryl grinned. "Exactly! Now, how much longer are you willing to wait?"

Chill shrugged quickly, and turned around sharply. She glared at the man who was suddenly standing behind her.

Taryl raised one eyebrow curiously. "I'm guessing that Esthin's training granted you with excellent sneaking abilities correct? I assumed that only the poison training ninjas used those kinds of techniques."

The man lifted his hand quickly. "Enough chit-chat. Your mission is to take down Lance's Trainees. They are attempting to destroy Esthin's gym, and the power that he has. Here, take these pokeballs, you'll need them. Go for the darkest of types. Now, I bid you goodbye."

The man pulled out a pokeball and released an Umbreon. The man snapped his fingers, and Umbreon's rings flashed Taryl in the eyes. By the time he could see again, the contact was gone. Taryl looked at Chill.

"Ready to actually begin this adventure? We have to catch up with the others. On both teams."

Taryl began walking towards route 101 with Chill following behind him, trying to rub the colors from her eyes.

(…)

"God damnit. Where are the others? And where are the Pokémon? Aren't there supposed to be Pokémon on a Route? Chill, I-Argh!"

Taryl glared at the small Weedle that had just stung his leg. He shook his leg hard, and sent the Bug flying into a tree. The Pokémon yelped before it fell back to the ground. It stood up, and it was pissed. Taryl grinned and pointed forward.

"Chill, bite it, and follow up with a Sandstorm!"

"Tar!"

Chill ran forward, scooped the Weedle up into the air and opened her mouth, almost as if she was ready for her next meal. Apparently the Weedle had other plans; it opened its invisible mouth and shot a string shot into Chill's open mouth, stitching it shut. The Weedle bounced off of the web trampoline, and landed on the ground next to Chill. With Chill unable to carry out the first attack, she decided to go with the second one. She opened her mouth as wide as she could, and the Web began to stretch, becoming bigger and bigger until it burst, sending pressurized sand flying at the tiny caterpillar. The Weedle made itself rigid and pointed its head at the oncoming onslaught of rock and sand. Taryl grinned as the cloud of sand flew up around the small bug, hiding it from view.

The Dust cloud began to clear…and the Weedle shoot out of the cloud, straight into Chill's mouth. Taryl and Chill both opened their eyes wide. Chill winced twice before she began to twitch and flail uncontrollably. Her cheeks bulged before she spat it out along with a thick stream of Rock and sand. The Weedle flew straight into a tree before being pelted by the sandstorm. Chill refused to let up, keeping the stream going for several minutes. Taryl's eyes widened.

"Chill stop! We don't want to kill it! Let up! Now!"

The Larvitar shook her head slightly, and continued the assault. Taryl gritted his teeth and stepped forward, directly into the barrage of sand. He winced, then smiled slightly as he felt the sand tear into his shirt and scratch his body.

Damnit Chill! STOP!"

The small larvitar stopped blowing sand, and sat there sighing and panting heavily. Taryl stepped away from the tree and examined his body. There were tears throughout his whole shirt, and there were small scratches all over his arms and torso; some were merely scratches in the first layer of skin, and some were slightly deeper and they were bleeding. Taryl pushed his finger into one of the open wounds, sighing as he felt the familiar sting. he dug some bloodstained sand out of it and observed it carefully. They were very small, a sign that Chill was injured. Taryl looked at Chill with a look that portrayed concern.

"Chill, did it sting you?"

Chill let out a weak "Lar," And fell down in the sand, struggling to stand back up. Taryl took two steps towards her, and gently opened her mouth. It was a bad sight. The back of her throat was purple and swollen, the poison was taking its toll. Taryl reached into one of his jacket pockets and pulled out a yellow spray bottle.

"Chill, this probably won't taste good..."

Taryl took the spray bottle, and sprayed Chill's throat, coating all of the poisoned areas liberally. He returned her to her pokeball and looked at the Weedle.

It was obviously injured, it was limping, and upon a further examination, Taryl saw that it was missing several legs. The spike on its head was chipped, and poison was seeping out. There were deep gashes all over its body, and its nose was coated in blood, making it a deeper red. Taryl looked at it struggling to move. It deserved to be injured for what it did to chill, but it didn't deserve to die.

I am not a murderer.

Tary reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a pokeball. He threw it at the weedle.

"Bastard."

1…
    2…
    3…

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
    Christopher nodded. "We can use a combination of attack stat heightening and defense stat lowering. It's risky, but we're starting to fall behind. I'll cover you."

James agreed and turned his attention to Houndour. "Sharpen up with a Howl, then hit them with a Leer. Do not, under any circumstances, get hit." Houndour raised his muzzle to the sky in answer and let out a long, chilling howl. All at once his entire stature seemed more pugnacious, more ready to go. Christopher directed his Murkrow to use Confuse Ray at Eevee, thus reducing her capability to coherently continue. That would reinforce their team's defense.

Karis smiled cynically at the attempts of her opponents to strengthen their assault. It would do them no good. "Poison Fang," she said simply. Her Poochyena charged at Houndour, his fangs dripping with a foul purple liquid. Houndour attempted to duck out of the way, but Poochyena's jaws closed around his right flank. The canine roared in pain and shook Poochyena off quickly, but the damage was already done; there were several tooth marks in his flesh, and purple liquid oozed out. He had been poisoned.

Taking her turn, Eevee aimed a tackle at Murkrow at her master's behest, but due to her confusion she tripped at the last second. Murkrow flew into the air to avoid the hit and retaliated with a divebomb Peck, which connected in the small of her back. Eevee's legs buckled out from under her, but she managed to stay standing.

Houndour wasn't looking so good. His breathing was shallow and rapid and his eyes appeared glazed over as he attempted not to succumb to the poison. "He's in bad shape," Karis called to James. "If you know what's good for him you'll surrender."

James glared at her, not about to give in just yet. "Pull through, Houndour, you've got this under control. Fire Fang." Apparently, tactics had changed with the variable of limited time. Houndour's muzzle crackled with heated energy as he lunged at Poochyena. His attack hit, but it was weaker than it would have been without the poison. Still, it was enough to make Poochyena yelp and wriggle away. All of the Pokemon on the field were running low on strength, but there was a notable advantage to Karis and Cody. Poochyena and Eevee stood ready for more, while Houndour's legs were shaking as the poison began to worsen. Murkrow seemed to be considerably healthier, but whether he could win on his own was questionable.

(End post here. Begin RP God stuff.)

Oldale

Dark Void [PG-13]

Oldale is smaller than Littleroot by quite a bit, though it does have a Pokemon Center and a Mart. There are a few houses scattered about, but the population of the entire town is less than one hundred. Oldale is surrounded by well-trimmed trees, which harbor the same wild Pokemon as the route before.

To the left of the Pokemon Center is a space in the trees just large enough for one person to follow. It is difficult to find, due to the branches covering it. See below for more details.

Special

I am offering the ability to win a starter from each of the four regions here. Both Esthin and Lance's people can do this. I'm going to do it in a lottery fashion. Everyone who wants the opportunity, choose four numbers, any number up to six. The four people who get the most numbers in common with a number I determine by rolling die will move on to a second round, where I will determine what region they get to choose a starter from.

There's a second option. Those who don't go for the starters get to find the path in the forest leading to a clearing where there will be certain wild Pokemon. I won't tell you what they are until everyone has said whether they are or are not going to go for the starters.

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Christopher led the way into the arena, listening to James going on about his days at Esthin's gym. Christopher nodded along, acting as if they were sharing old memories, even if he had only been in Esthin's gym for a few days to receive his pokemon and be asked for a favor. Karis rolled her eyes as she followed Christopher and James in, Murkrow swooping in at the last minute.

"You! Battle, now," Christopher turned as the boy from earlier walked up. What was his name? Ah yes, Cody. Karis quickly cut Cody off, claiming Christopher to be her opponent.

Cody looked confused turning to James, and asking, "What's he here for then?"
    "He was to be our judge," Christopher calmly cut in, talking as if they were making arrangements for tea. James responded with a nervous, and upset "Hi."

The next thing Christopher knew, he was in a double battle, with a team-mate who didn't know his own pokemon's attacks. Christopher put on his "poker face" smiling while he hissed under his breath at his partner, "Don't slow me down, and listen fast. You don't know your houndour's attacks, but you can stall. Do so while I line up the shot. Got it?"

Christopher ignored James nod, quickly and efficiently calling out orders to Murkrow, "In and out with a Peck on the poochyena!"

James used an ember on the eevee, just before Jame's houndour and Murkrow were blown back from an encore. Murkrow, quickly regained control of its flight, diving back down in a showy pursuit. The eevee jumped to the side to line up a tackle, but Murkrow turned toward the tackle with a deft flap of his wings. The attack hit dead on, and both the eevee and Murkrow was thrown to the floor. The bird then Astonished the poochyena, before flapping into the air above the houndour.

James quickly turned to Christopher, asking for help. Christopher turned toward James, smirking. "We can use a combination of attack stat heightening and defense stat lowering. It's risky, but we're starting to fall behind. I'll cover you." Christopher then called for his trump card, shouting "Confuse Ray on the eevee! Then gain some distance Murkrow!"

Christopher might have looked like he had the battle in the bag, but if one looked closely; you could see that he was slightly biting his tongue. 'Lord, let this work,' the boy thought, realizing how important this battle was in adjusting himself to Murkrow's battle style, 'No more charging in directly during a battle!'

Luck was on Christopher's side, as the confuse ray hit. Houndour started up a blood curdling howl, and then giving the eevee a look that could kill. Sadly that didn't last long, as the poochyena quickly bit down on Houndour, injecting a very strong poison. It was time for Christopher to cut his losses. The houndour wasn't useless however, as it gave the poochyena a weakened fire fang. The eevee tried to pull off a tackle, but Murkrow easily avoided the attack, before hitting the eevee with a peck.

"Pursuit on the eevee, bring this down to a one on one." James turned toward Christopher with a betrayed, but furious look, obviously offended. Sadly, Christopher's prediction was true; just as Murkrow finished circling eevee and attacked with a hard hitting pursuit, Houndour fell to the ground, the poison to much to handle. It looked like eevee was about to fall from that pursuit, but the opponent was hardy and the eevee was barely able to stand.

"Heal Bell," Cody was furiously trying to get rid of the confusion, but the chime did nothing but waste eevee's energy. It looked like Karis was having a good time though, as she asked for another poison fang from poochyena.

Christopher narrowed his eyes, quietly saying one thing, "Pursuit eevee into poochyena." Apparently, it didn't dawn on Karis what was happening until the confused eevee who had been playing in the sand, was sent lightly flying towards an open mouthed poochyena.

Eevee lay on the ground, and a tired Murkrow was facing a tired poochyena; "I forfeit," Christopher's voice rang through the arena as he nonchalantly returned Murkrow. Karis was visibly scowling as she questioned, "Why? You scared?" The judge was busy announcing the team of Karis and Cody the winners, but Christopher just chuckled, quietly saying "No, I just know that both Murkrow and your poochyena would only find each other to be an even match," he then took a step to the side, showing a view port behind him, "and that we've arrived." At the same time, Christopher's mind went through the possible outcomes and concluded that the match would come to how much poochyena was affected by a confuse ray.

Back