• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] DarKnighT's Gallery

Years
It's been a long time since I've posted on here. I recently got the bug to look into making a fan game again after getting some experience in Minecraft modding. This led to me digging up some old sprites that I made and I thought I would share them because I don't think they're terrible. The most recently created of these are the grass starter evolution line (dinosaurs) and the gorilla which were made in 2015. I had decided to use clip art images as references around that time so if you search Google hard enough I'm sure you'll see the similarities between them and the images I used as reference. I also used the official image of Mew as reference for Mega Mew and if I recall there was a fakemon (again on Google) that inspired parts of the tail. The rest are from scratch with some pulling from existing official sprites for certain shapes and such. I appreciate any feedback and hope this is in the right section of the forums. Also, these are not for public use as I may end up using them in my own game at some point. Now for the mons:

Unnamed - Grass Starter Line:
Spoiler:

Unnamed - Water Starter:
Spoiler:

Bongorilla:
Spoiler:

Dosolo (Doduo Pre):
Spoiler:

Laprie (Lapras Pre):
Spoiler:

Licklil (Lickitung Pre):
Spoiler:

Riomalu (Riolu Alt):
Spoiler:

Tangelup (Tangela Pre):
Spoiler:

Teslonate (Electrode Evo):
Spoiler:

Troplet (Tropius Pre):
Spoiler:

Mega Lapras:
Spoiler:

Mega Mew:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I like that a lot of your fakemon work stems off of already existing pokemon. I find those more interesting since you can already relate to an editing design. I like the ones that are more distinct, like Riomalu and Teslonate, instead of ones that are just the original pokemon with more/less. While a tangela preevo would technically be less stringy, I think it would be a more interesting opportunity to explore what it's inside base looks like.

I really like the idea behind mega mew, with the dna parts, but mew itself hasn't changed in shape, and I think it could be explored further for a really cool design!

Years
Thank you for your feedback. I've always been partial to Pokemon that are related to others, even with the official creatures. Also battling has never been my favorite part of this series so I tend to like baby Pokemon more than the average person even though they can be useless in battle. I'm honestly thinking about going back and completely redoing all these sprites. Like I said, the most recent of these was from 2 years ago and I can see a lot of problems with them now (like Mew's eyes being completely different sizes). Thank you again for the feedback :)

Years
I decided to change this into a more general art thread. I've recently been trying to refine the region map I've been working on over the past few years. It's always been in the HGSS style but today I decided to try and create my own style. I came up with a simple design and then decided to mess with filters. Below is my map in all 3 of the mentioned styles. Note that none of these maps really have accents (trees, caves, etc.) on them as I am still developing the world and I'm not quite sure where everything would be at this moment.

HGSS Style:
Spoiler:

Custom Style:
Spoiler:

Custom Style + Filters:
Spoiler:

Years
Did a Torracat edit to make it fit in as a middle evolution in the Litleo/Pyroar line because I intend to do a lot of weird things like this if I ever bring my game concept to life. I'm pretty happy with it overall. Currently calling it Kindleo.

Torracat - Kindleo Comparison:
Spoiler:

New Litleo Family:
Spoiler:

Back