• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkrai tin... Seriously?

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
    Years
    Okay. I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm just wondering; will the Darkrai in the tin be different from the actual ones? The reason I say this is because the Zekrom/Reshiram/Kyurem tins used the exact same art as the originals. But the Darkrai/Mewtwo/Rayquaza use seperate art from the original. And Nintendo should know that putting mewtwo and darkrai in the tins could put some serious changes in the format. Everyone would probably run certain decks like... hmm... i wonder... darkrai decks, mewtwo decks, and rayquaza decks! Either Nintendo wants to laugh at us all when we see that the tins aren't the real deal (troll), or they just want money. Or both.

This is just my theory. But you know, you never know! (LOL) So, what I'm doing just for now is keeping all my full art darkrai, selling my non full art, (so that leaves me with 3 darkrai) and since I got about $30 from the other one, I'll use some of that to buy a tin. If it's real, I buy another one. If this all turns out to be like I predicted, I would end up having 5 Darkrais instead of 4.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
    Years
    I know they're real lol. If you read my post right, you would know that I said "they could be DIFFERENT then the real darkrai mewtwo and rayquaza. You know, like in stead of the ability Hydreigon for the Dragons EXalted theme deck it was the lame one with two bad attacks.

Years
    Ah right yeah, fair enough. Yeah I know what you're getting at with the Dragon's Exhalted theme decks but I do believe the Darkrai tin will be the EX as well as the Mewtwo.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    They're EX's. Same text as the originals, just an alternate artwork. Not sure the reasoning around it, but whatever.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I think this is going to make mewtwo less played. Mewtwo decks had an edge when the card was powerful but hard to find; now that everyone can get one, it will get splashed into most decks as a counter to itself and become less of a threat. Rayquaza acts the same way as mewtwo does, being a strong card whose counter is itself, so it will likely be the same once the initial hype dies down. Darkrai might see more play, but I don't honestly find it to be dominating the game so much anyway.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I think this is going to make mewtwo less played. Mewtwo decks had an edge when the card was powerful but hard to find; now that everyone can get one, it will get splashed into most decks as a counter to itself and become less of a threat. Rayquaza acts the same way as mewtwo does, being a strong card whose counter is itself, so it will likely be the same once the initial hype dies down. Darkrai might see more play, but I don't honestly find it to be dominating the game so much anyway.
    Mewtwo already lost a lot of momentum when Darkrai decks were running amok. The issue that all EX's face now is Sigilyph being splashed into decks as a defensive card. It not only shuts down pretty much every EX excluding Raikou, but its attack is more than capable of getting a KO on Mewtwo/Mew EX.

And EX's are losing a lot of the cards that were giving them that domineering edge in tournament play(Shaymin UL, Junk Arm, Smeargle, etc.), so realistically they're more threatened by attacks since resources become much more limited in BW-on format.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Sigilyph? Why can't you just use catcher or the new warp point, whatever it's called? Or a non-ex pokemon? No decent deck can contain only ex cards. Mewtwo shouldn't be played down unless it's to knock out a mewtwo anyway, and sigilyph doesn't stand a chance at knocking out anything other than mewtwo.

Back