• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

darkrai

should darkrai be dark/ghost?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    based on your opinion, do you think darkrai should have had also been dark and ghost, since it can float through things? and yes i would know he would have no weakness, but what you think?

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    personally...I don't think so

I've used a LEGIT darkrai lvl 50 to take out the Champion in the E4 without getting touched asis XD so with no weakness he'd just be unstoppable if trained properly

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Dark and Ghost probably would make it too strong due to the lack of weaknesses. It would have no weaknesses, Dark Void, and an extremely good ability.

So from my opinion, Darkrai should stay the way it is. It did always appear ghost-ish to me. It never really looked weak to fighting type attacks, but it is. xD

But in response: No.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    how about if darkrai def and sp. def was lowered? would you chage your opinion?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    how about if darkrai def and sp. def was lowered? would you chage your opinion?

Maybe. But since he can outspeed most Pokes, that won't make much of a difference.

Then again, I know little to nothing of the Uber tier, so I have no idea.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    First of all, I was thrilled to hear that there was going to be a pure dark-type (or any dark-type, for that matter) legendary, and incredibly pissed off that it was going to be so hard to get, so that's a complete no on changing him to purely ghost. Second, why would you want a legendary pokemon with no weaknesses? You would probably never see a team without one again, especially with Dark Void and Bad Dreams.

Next, it's not rare to have a pokemon with a single type, but you can't call it unoriginal, either. A single type is a good idea for any legendary, unless it's unusual AND particularly useful, like the meeting of steel and dragon for Dialga. So, now that there're already TWO pokemon with that type combo (one of which is actually used fairly often), why would you want to do that to them? What's the next step, making a Normal and Flying legendary? And yes, I know, not all legendary pokemon have original type combos, but we don't need to keep that going.

Also, you can't lower its stats too much to make up for the type combo, because its stats already put it at a slight disadvantage in the Uber tier, as they are slightly lower than average for a legend (probably to make up in part for Dark Void).

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I'm happy with it being a pure dark type. We already got a ghost legendary but then again we got a sheeetload of psychics

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    no no no! darkrai with no weaknesses would be catostrophic!(sp?) wi-fi would be unbalanced, it would be unstoppable, and every person would have one on their teams. i thinks its strong enough with bad dreams dark void and nightmare!

Back