• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:Darkrai's Curse:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zore

Reaper
Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Legendary Pokemon: Deoxys
    Cursed Species: Sableye

Description: Deoxys' skin has the lighter pigmentation of Sableye native to Hoenn. Taller and lankier than an average Sableye, The gemstones that grow out of the former Deoxys are the sickly pale orange and green of his original form. With the paleness of the gemstones and the unusual thinness, Deoxys appears to be a malnourished Sableye in desperate need of food.

Personality: Deoxys is... peculiar. He is not a native to the Pokemon world, having arrived from outer space, and the word Alien describes him very well. He is fascinated by minute and ordinary things, and completely unmoved by the fantastic. Having adopted an almost zen approach to life, he is very laid back and would never think of attacking without provocation. However, when threatened he responds with overwhelming force. Deoxys barely has higher thought processes, even when he communicates telepathically it is unable to express more than the simplest of ideas. However, he is learning and day by day he grows from an unthinking monster to a fully developed Pokemon. Deoxys' main drive is to learn and develop until he becomes more than a glorified virus.

Deoxys will have immense difficulties transitioning in Sableye form. He is used to his body reacting to situations automatically. He can no longer overcome problems merely by trying again and again until his body is capable of overcoming it. He has never needed to eat, breathe, or sleep and can barely comprehend that his body won't just change itself to meet the situation.

Deoxys loathes all Clefairy and the evolutions thereof with immutable fury and vice versa. The immediate rage is hardwired into his mind, and at his current stage of development would lead to immediate blind attack. Deoxys harbors a lesser animosity towards the Jigglypuff evolutionary line mainly due to their similarities to the Clefairy line.

History: Deoxys arrived on earth several years ago, a completely non-sentient being created to destroy Clefairy. Deoxys had been created to personify reactionary evolution, able to change its form to one more suited for whatever situation he found himself. He ramaged through the Kanto region, wounding and and killing many until he was stopped by Mew. Mew teleported the Pokemon to a safe location. Taking pity on the mindless Pokemon, Mew sped up the process of reactive evolution by challenging the Deoxys to escape from simplistic traps and obstacles until rudimentary intelligence began to develop. Deoxys became akin to a child and began to learn and grow as an individual. When Mew was satisfies Deoxys was able to survive on its own without attacking at random, he left him in the Hoenn region and charged him to learn and become a true Pokemon.

Deoxys literally knows nothing of the time before he became aware and is unaware of the rampage he engaged in. It is unknown who or what created him and why he wants to kill Clefairy. He strives to learn from all living things, and will spend hours simply watching a young ratatta or a tree blowing in the wind.

Last edited:

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
  • Legendary Pokemon: Jirachi
    Cursed Species: Snover

Description: Snover is differently coloured than normal Snovers. His brown stomach is now yellow, and his green hands/feet/tail are blue. He is also significantly smaller than most, about half the size of an average Snover. He is also thinner than most.
    Heres a pic
    .:Darkrai's Curse:.

Personality: Jirachi is Cheerful, Optimistic, Fun-loving and Michievous. He is always playing tricks on people, and is always giggling in delight. Because of this, he has trouble lying. He fidgets alot, and has trouble not moving or being silent. However, he can if he must, and he can concerntrate and focus on things if he must. He dislikes fighting, and so he has trouble bonding with humans.

History: Jirachi has been asleep for the last 700 hundred years. When Darkrai placed the curse on the other Legendaries, he began to have an unrelenting nightmare that wouldn't stop. He was awoken by an untainted legend, but they were punished. Darkrai stole his wish tags before changing him into a Snover.

RP Sample: (PMD2:Escaping the Dark)
    Darkrai leapt to the side, easily dodging the beam. "Is that the best you can do?" Darkrai cackled.
    "No....This is!!" Toby yelled as he charged at Darkrai. It charged a ball of shadow, and released it at Toby. He teleported behind Darkrai, covering its eyes with his hands. "Guess Who?!" Toby laughed playfully.
    "FOOL!! YOU WILL FALL TO THE MERCY OF DARKRAI!!!!" it bellowed as it flailed it arms, attempting to get Toby off his back. Toby gripped on even harder.
    "Ah,ah, ah! No refering to yourself in third person. I'm gona have to hurt you now." Toby mood changed instantly, now he became serious and dark. "Take This!" he yelled, send blasts into Darkrai's eyes. He released his grip, teleporting in front of Darkrai, who was staggering around, clutching his eyes. Toby pulled back his right leg, and kicked Darkrai in the stomach.
    "ARRRGGHHH!! What's this power!? I will be back!! AND YOU WILL SUFFER THE CONSQEUNCES!!!! YOU WILL PAY!!!" it Bellowed, then dissappeared in a puff of smoke. Toby walked over to the girls. "Are you girls okay... Tiffany, you conquered Darkrai. The only reason I beat him, was that you conquered the Nightmare. Now wake up, I'm cooking breakfast!" He said, smiling at the girls.

Toby's eye's colour returned to normal, as his soul returned to his body. He could still feel Celebi's power flowing through them. He grabbed at his bag, and produced some berries. The fire was slight lit, and the first lights of Dawn were coming over the horizon. Toby grabbed the berries, and cooked them over a fire. He could here the others stirring. 'The first light of a new day.' he thought to himself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    DuskGem, you are ACCEPTED!

scythe, you are ACCEPTED!

charizard_maa, you are ACCEPTED!

Mightyena_Lover, you are ACCEPTED!

Zore, you are ACCEPTED!

Eletj, you are ACCEPTED!

Well, looks like we have a lot of sign-ups. I'll probably start this later today, in fact! Don't worry; SIGN-UPS WILL STILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE ROLE PLAY BEGINS. Anyone who reserved and has not yet posted a sign-up/been accepted is still reserved.

EDIT: Sorry it took me longer than I said. Well, here's my starting post. The RPG has officially begun.

IC:

Darkness and cold wrapped around the soul of he, Giratina, the Guardian of Death itself, eating it away and reducing it to something small, vulnerable, without true legendary essense. Even while unconscious, the Pokemon subject to this pain felt it. Imagine your insides being dissolved away by acid. Now imagine this happening many times over at incredible speed. What Giratina felt right now was ten times worse than that. It wasn't just his body. It was his spirit. The farthest reaches of his being burned.

And yet, he was aware that all of the legends must be enduring this right now. (Well, all of them except that filthy traitor...) If they could manage, so could he. And while he had an urge to fight the pain, he knew it would be a helpless, futile attempt that would only make things worse. So he remained, helpless and barely alive, under the wrath of this agonizing pain of the soul. It was eating at his status. He could not possibly take pride in being a legendary Pokemon ever again.

On a grassy, remote hillside, far from where any life lived, there was a sudden flash of light. Nobody saw it, as nobody was there to see it, despite the fact that it was quite noticable. Then there were several Pokemon laying there, unmoving. Each of them seemed to look a bit different from most Pokemon of their species, and there were no two who happened to be the same kind. In the night air, they remained on that hillside, for who knows how long, rejected and defated...

Last edited:

orangejediman

Snivy's the badass of Gen V!
    Years
  • Manaphy struggled awake and said, "Wh... Where am I?" Then he realized that his body was different. "Darkrai... He... This is all his fault! I bet that these guys around me are his minions!" He used tackle on the rattata who was closest to him. Manaphy was in a fury.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    OOC:

Manaphy struggled awake and said, "Wh... Where am I?" Then he realized that his body was different. "Darkrai... He... This is all his fault! I bet that these guys around me are his minions!" He used tackle on the rattata who was closest to him. Manaphy was in a fury.

Ehm... that post is too short. No offense to you of course, but posts that are that small are going to get this RPG closed. The posts are supposed to be full paragraphs, and about four lines at minimum. Not to mention it seemed a bit rushed...

IC:

All of a sudden, a sharp pain in his shoulder brought Giratina awake. If the circumstances were normal, he would have responded calmly and coem to his senses before doing anything rash. However, something was different. He was tired and had little of a grasp on where he was. This left him with only an instinctual option that did not fit his usual personality, which he proceeded with in the next instant.

He felt himself lunge upon his attacker, suddenly wide awake, and glared at the foe. It was an Eevee. But... this was wrong. Everything was wrong. Giratina, still pinning the Eevee down, noticed the grass at his feet, where usually there would be stone or cloudy mist. He noticed the Eevee's size in comparison to his own, the speed at which he had lunged, the fact that the Eevee was not being crushed beneath his weight... All these little things and more came to him in a single heart-gripping second, and he realized that there was something terribly wrong here.

Giratina gazed into the Eevee's eyes, and caught a tiny flicker of something familiar... Who had that familiar look? His mind rolled through the legendaries, seeing as they were the only Pokemon he was actually close with. Then, it hit him.

"M... Manaphy?" he asked. And his voice sounded nothing like it always had. Yes. There was something very bad going on here.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
  • Mewtwo slowly woke up and attempted to use his psychic powers to lift himself back up onto his feet but nothing happened. He tried using his hand to lift himself up but it just sunk into the grassy hillside. Looking down at it he saw it wasnt his usual hand but it had been replaced by a long curved blade. Using his bladed arms, Mewtwo crawled over towards a nearby pond, still unable to stand and peered into the crystal blue water. A Scythers reflection stared back at him "Damn Darkrai, why couldnt we stop him" yelled Mewtwo angrily and slashed at his reflection before crawling to a nearby tree and digging his scythes into the bark pulled himself onto his feet

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Something felt different. The ground felt cold and soft, two things that were unfamiliar. The sounds were different too. There was too much sound as a matter of fact. Soon the visions of a grassy field came before and soon many pokemon stood before me which included a rattata, eevee and a scyther.

"Where am I?" asked Ho-oh in a soft voice in order to avoid the attention of the others. The last thing she remember was crying in pain as it felt like her body was melting in acid and landing on Tin Tower. Everything after that was a blur.

Ho-oh then looked around and everything looked bigger to her now. She had her eyes wide since rarely did grass looked as tall as a small tree. She then began to flap her wings but it felt different. Clearly she was able to fly but it wasn't as fast as before and soon Ho-oh landed on the ground. Ho-oh then said in a soft but angry voice so that nobody could hear her, "What did he did?"

orangejediman

Years
  • OOC:

Sorry about my short post. I did not mean to try and get the thread closed. My posts will be longer next time. I did not know that they had to be long.

IC:

Manaphy struggled to get free and attack the Rattata that was latched on to him. Then something unexpected happened: the Rattata said, "M... Manaphy?"

"Wh... What?" said Manaphy, suddenly snapping out of his crazed condition, recognizing the fighting style, and the fact that the Rattata knew his name. "Giratina? Does that mean... That all the pokemon here are legendaries also? Palkia!" Manaphy shouted, "Palkia, are you here? Dad?!" Manaphy looked around wildly, and, seeing the Scyther, aked, "Which legendendary are you? Are you Palkia? No, Palkia would be a water-type, I know it!" Manaphy resumed his frantic search.

Last edited:

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Slowly the sableye opened its eyes, blinking slighty. It sat up suddenly in an almost unnaturally fast motion breathing deeply. It stared at its hands, hands so unfamiliar and strange. Slowly the Sableye fell onto its side into a fetal position, claw-tipped hands digging deeply into almost insubstantial arms. It let out a low moan, rocking back and forth as its mind sought to comprehend what happened. This was wrong... WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

The sableye formerly known as Deoxys let out a bloodcurdling screech as it grasped its head. What happened, why...how? Its mind, barely equivalent to that of a child could not comprehend this change, these sensations, this body. Slowly and quietly it began to sob, a lonely child whose entire world had been ripped away overnight.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Giratina looked around. He noticed that there were not as many Pokemon here was there were legendaries, even with the Creators and that filty snake Darkrai deducted. Some of them must have not been teleported here. Perhaps they were lost in the teleportation? Or they landed elsewhere? Perhaps...

It appeared that Darkrai's plan had succeeded. It was only now that any of them really found out what he had been trying to do, though. Relieving us all of our legendary status... Giratina's mind growled in anger, Damn that Darkrai.

Besides Manaphy, who was looking for Palkia frantically, he noticed a Swablu, a Scyther, and a Sableye who were also awake. Ho-oh must be the Swablu... But those other two... He paused and watched the Scyther for a moment. His anger. His quick temper at the realization of what he now was. ... ... It's coming to me... Mewtwo? Of course. The human-made clone of Mew, one of the Original Ones herself. It had to be him. The Sableye? He hadn't the faintest idea. None of the legends he knew would act like that... He had to be somebody, though... Giratina was determined to find out, but first, and more importantly, he needed to know what kind of Pokemon he had become.

Uncertainly, on new and light paws, he hobbled over to the sun-colored Swablu, nearly tripping while trying to adjust to this different way of walking. He now only had four legs rather than six, and could not soar through the air. This form matched neither of the ones he was familiar with, in any way.

"Excuse me, Ho-oh, am I right?" he asked, still bothered by that higher-pitched voice he now had. "I'm Giratina... erm... Would you mind telling me what species of Pokemon I am now?" Better to ask questions than make a fool of himself tottering about to look at his full body, he figured.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
  • looking around at the other pokemon struggling to their feet mewtwo started testing his body, for what it could do. He found flying took less concentration then it did to levitate, and was a bit faster and although he could no-longer teleport, his blades could cut through a thick tree stump with one swipe, and if he combined use of his legs and wings he could cross small distances as if he was teleporting. Testing the strength of his wings, he stood on the edge of the lake, dug his claws into the sandy bank and flapped his wings hard, a large wave rose up from infront of him and sped across the tranquil lake, when it got to the middle he flapped harder and harder and the wave swelled higher and higher and started to spin turning it into a typhoon. The sand under his feet was too loose and couldnt hold him, and he shot off into the sky with wings at full speed, within seconds he was higher then mt silver, he kept pushing higher and higher hoping to just get a glimpse of the creation dimension but couldn't get high enough to even see the edge of the vortex.

Mewtwo hovered at the peak of his flight. He could see the top of the pokemon tower miles below, the forest he'd just come from was a small patch of green. he sped back down towards the lake, stopping just before breaking the surface and hovered there before floating over to the land. "This body should suffice untill I can get my body back and being bug type I can do double damage to that dark and twisted nutjob"

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Ho-oh was now thinking about the situation. She knew that Darkrai had done something to her and possibility to the other Legendaries. If Darkrai did something to just her then that means the others were ok including her three underlings: Entei, Suicune and Raikou. The only way to find out if they were ok was by using her special connection between her and the three dog-like pokemon.

Ho-oh closed her eyes to concentrate but nothing happen. No familar feeling of being transported to wherever one of the three pokemon were. No feeling of seeing though their eyes. Nothing. It was as if she had lost all traces of her Legendary power. Ho-oh then tried again but this time something or more like somebody had interrupted her.

"Excuse me, Ho-oh, am I right? I'm Giratina... erm... Would you mind telling me what species of Pokemon I am now?" said a high pitch voice that Ho-oh knew couldn't be Giratina.

Ho-oh then opened her eyes to see a gray color rattata before her. This was a different looking rattata then the ones that Ho-oh has seen many times before though out the centuries. Ho-oh looked coldly at the rattata and said, "If you don't know what pokemon you are then let me be the first to tell you that you are a pathetic rattata.

Ho-oh then finally realize how soft her voice sounded. She was surprise at how her voice sounded since for many centuries, Ho-oh had made her voice sound deeper and harsh. This new voice was something that she wasn't use to. Ho-oh then looked at the rattata that claims to be Giratina and wonder if what he is saying is true. If so then that means that what Darkrai did was changed their forms. Now what Ho-oh wonder was what flying pokemon she was. Hopefully it was something respectable like a pidgeot. Still she would never dare to ask another pokemon, not even a fellow Legendary, a question like that.

Ho-oh was going to say something else to this rattata or Giratina, but she then heard cries coming from a sableye. Ho-oh turned to the direction of the crying and said, "You. Stop that whimpering. At once, tell us who you are."

orangejediman

Years
  • Not finding Palkia anywhere, Manaphy decided to talk to some of the other legindaries, trying to maintain his calm. He saw the golden Swablu, the gray Rattata that was Giratina and the crying Sableye talking. He decided to try and see who they were and what they were doing. Manaphy, starting to get used to his new four legs, walked over to the group.

"Hello?" Manaphy asked warily, "Mr. Swablu and Sableye? Which legendaries are you?" Manaphy then saw a Scyther swooping down at a great speed and wondered which Legendary he was. "Giritina, you seen to know who these legendaries all are. Who are these guys?"

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    OOC: That's alright, Bakuphoon.

IC:

Giratina, slightly taken aback by Ho-Oh's short reply, turned away without a further word. She is probably just upset because of all of this, he thought. So... I am a Rattata. Leave it to Darkrai to give me the worst of it. He always seemed to dislike me in the first place...

Suddenly Manaphy came over and broke his concentration with a question.

"The Swablu is Ho-Oh, and the Scyther is Mewtwo," Giratina replied, "But that Sableye... I don't think I know him from anywhere."

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Deoxys felt something nudging him, something soft and warm. He turned over, his body still feeling wrong, until he saw several Pokemon staring at him. The said things, they sounded angry. Deoxys didn't understand. He watched them, his eyes wide open as they kept saying things to him, at him? As he listened they began to sound more like... Mew...

"Who are you?" the strange Pokemon asked again. Finally he understood, Mew had told him the answer to this question.

"Deoxys." He whispered, shivering as he sat up.

orangejediman

Years
  • "Oh, okay. So, not all the legendaries are here?" Manaphy asked Giratina. "Hm... so Palkia must be somewhere else... I miss him..." Mamaphy started to cry as he said, "This... This... THIS IS ALL DARKRAI'S FAULT! I HATE HIM!" Sometheng started to change in manaphy, and his eyes started to glint red. He then started attacking all the pokemon that surrounded him. He dived and used tackle on the Sableye.

Zore

Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    Fortunately being part ghost type meant that Manaphy's tackle attack was completely ineffective against Deoxys. Unfortunately it served to further unbalanced the confused Pokemon, completely shutting down his rudimentary consciousness and letting instinct take over. Hissing angrily, Deoxys quickly turned on the stunned Manaphy and used a vicious scratch attack. The sableye then began to growl andbegan to glare furiously at the assembly.

orangejediman

Years
  • Manaphy was enraged as he phased through the body of the Sableye, now identified as Deoxys. And the fact that Deoxys attacked him did not help. Manaphy turned torwards Deoxys and got alot angrier. Suddenly, the Sea Charm started to glow. A bright blue aura radaited from it, spreading a calm through the area. Manaphy's eyes returned to normal and he relaxed.
    "What... What happened" Manaphy asked.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • (Major ewwie at the short short postings. I'm not a novel writer, but yikes! And what's with the psycho Manaphy? Oh, i'm just giving a heads up that i'm going to say which pokemon I see lying around. I'm not controlling them, just giving them the other place to be.)

Flowing water. Blowing wind. Chirping pidgey. That was the sound that Regigigias heard, his conciousness slowly returning, as he layed in what felt like dirt. His eyes slowly opened, and to anyone watching we're a bright blue, and began to search around the scene. He had been right, now seeing he was laying under a tree that was surrounded by dirt, leaves and shade. Gaining back his strength slowly, he lifted his head, it feeling extremely light while slightly unbalanced, and noticed a little pond.

How the heck did I get here? I'm pretty sure I was sleeping in my cave, then a searing pain filled my body, and then..nothing. Everything goes black after that. And this headache isn't helping my situation any better. Hmm, now lets see if I can sit up.

The legendary pokemon, or so he thought, finally sat up and immediately knew something was wrong. Glancing down, resting his eyes on four legs instead of two, Regigigas recieved the typical anime sweatdrop on his back.

Umm..okay. This is very odd, seeing as I know have four legs and no arms! What the hell is going on here!? This better be that PokePunk'd show I heard about or I'm going to eat some small children.

Taking a shot at his new situation, the normally large pokemon began to walk towards the pond. Out of the corner of his eyes, scattered around the scene, he had begun to notice some other pokemon. Stopping just short of the pond, he decided to save to memory what type of pokemon they were. A Shinx. A Snover. A Meowth. And finally a Ralts. Continuing his previous mini jourrney, the legendary stared down into the clear water of the pond, another sweatdrop appearing.

I'm an Absol, of all pokemon to be. Why couldn't I have been a freaking Flygon or a Gyrados!? Some teenaged kid probably picked out an Absol for me and is now laughing hysterically at my misfortune of walking on four legs. Whoever did this is seriously going to get a butt whooping. But atleast I'm not you're average Absol, and I look cool and unique with my gray fur, red face/paws/horn thing, and blue eyes. Okay, I need to relax and figure out who the heck those other pokemon are.

The multicolored Absol strolled over, now having decent control of his new limbs, and slowly began nudging each of the other pokemon, one by one.

Maybe they're legendaries too. Or maybe they're all just random pokemon that are most likely going to try and claw my face off. I am so hoping its not the latter of those two options.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back