• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn could be the main star

Years
    Well i was searching the internet like i always do and i went to Bulbapedia and looked up Dawn the character and i looked at her trivia and she has done at lot of other thing that other charecters have been unable to pass
    She had a whole episode dedicate to her only including Ash in the last min
    She also saw a legendary pokemon at the beggining of her adventure
    She has caught and electric pokemon
    She has battled a Gym leader evan though she lost it was still a big change from the other people
    And she has a large Ammount of episodes dedicated to her
    so back on point what im saying is that the nintendo company may be going in a different way by dumping Ash at the end of this series or keeping ash but making Dawn the main star going back to pervious regions and entering compitions.
    But this is complete and utter therory there is no real fact behind it and me personaly i like it the way it is i am just saying

Years
    I do agree with her a bit she does make a strong arguement but i would prefer it if it stays with ash but who knows what the future holds for pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well i was searching the internet like i always do and i went to Bulbapedia and looked up Dawn the character and i looked at her trivia and she has done at lot of other thing that other charecters have been unable to pass

Well, let's see then.

She had a whole episode dedicate to her only including Ash in the last min

Well, considering how they even gave Ash a minute in that episode, I wouldn't say that a whole episode was dedicated to her (whole = 100%, as far as I know.), but she certainly got more than the other characters.

She also saw a legendary pokemon at the beggining of her adventure

true.

She has caught and electric pokemon

true.

She has battled a Gym leader evan though she lost it was still a big change from the other people

Meh, not really, Misty battled Dorian in "Just add water", and he was a gym leader (maybe not an official one, but he still was a gym leader nonetheless). However, it was certainly a change from May, since I don't think she actually participated in a gym battle.

And she has a large Ammount of episodes dedicated to her

So did Misty and May.

so back on point what im saying is that the nintendo company may be going in a different way by dumping Ash at the end of this series or keeping ash but making Dawn the main star going back to pervious regions and entering compitions.

Well, considering how the very same site you discovered this also mentioned that Ash and his friends are the main characters, as well as the fact that the narrator, as early as season one, listed Ash, Misty, Brock, (season 1, Season 2 (Misty) seasons 3-5), Tracey (Season 2), May, Max (Seasons 6-9) and Dawn (season 10 +) as "Our Heroes", I'd argue that Ash wasn't really the star to begin with, and that glory belongs to, if not ALL of them, then at LEAST the original trio.

But this is complete and utter therory there is no real fact behind it and me personaly i like it the way it is i am just saying

Yeah, I know. However, I'll still never forgive the writers for the mistake they made back in season 5 (I mean, what was the point in even replacing Misty? I mean, Brock was even MORE stale than her, and they still let him continue. And plus, even ASH was stale during Johto, and is gradually growing more staler by the episode. And besides which, he shouldn't even BE in Hoenn or Sinnoh (at least, not as a main character) by a marketing standpoint (in fact, Neither should Brock). I mean, at least in Johto, Ash, Misty and Brock had an excuse, since they WERE featured in the games. I mean, if Pokemon Special could replace main character and even completely erase them from the series (in the R/S arc, I don't think Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow were even MENTIONED in there, and I sincerely doubt that they appeared in the Emerald Arc and up.), the Pokemon Anime would certainly be able to do this, as well.)

EDIT: Ok, Red, Blue, Green and Yellow were in the Emerald saga... (though it wasn't exactly them, as they were statues.). Still, I don't think Ash should be stated that his being the "Star" or "face of pokemon" would excuse him from the main cast, not if Red, who was the same as Ash was replaced.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No but she sure will be with him in the 5th gen. Why? I say so cause i think sinnoh is a bit kanto and the next gen will be connected to sinnoh like johto to kanto. So yeah like misty 2 whole generations is my guess but not the whole show dedicated to her. And dawn is like a younger ash.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    If they get rid of Ash, they get rid of Pikachu. Pikachu is the star. Pikachu IS Pokemon. Therefore, Dawn will not be the mainstar. End of story. End of discussion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    If they get rid of Ash, they get rid of Pikachu. Pikachu is the star. Pikachu IS Pokemon. Therefore, Dawn will not be the mainstar. End of story. End of discussion.

No, Actually, Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Brock, May, Dawn and even the likes of Tracey and Max are all stars of the anime. I mean, if the narrator explicitly referred to them as "Our Heroes" during the opening and endings of episodes, and if Bulbapedia labeled them as the protagonists (in other words, the STARS) of the show, they are the stars, and if Misty, May, Max, Dawn, Tracey, and Brock can be replaced, then, hate to break it to you, but Ash and, yes, even Pikachu does have that chance of being replaced.

brian11301993

I Am Sofa King Good
    Years
    I strongly doubt that Dawn will succeed Ash as the main character of later seasons of Pokemon. The anime has included many episodes involving just Ash's point-of-view and struggles. I feel the creators of Pokemon just want their to be a more motivated companion to Ash considering his only other choice is Brock, for whom since season one was a character built to be more in the shadows when Misty was still in the show. It also would be a financial disaster to replace Ash with Dawn. Ash has been in people's homes for 10.5+ years while Dawn has been in them for what...a year and a half. I am not saying that it is not possible because with the choices the creators of Pokemon have made before they could easily do something of this magnitude with the snap of their fingers. BUT I believe that they know how important it is the keep Ash as THE main protagonist, but at the same time have a companion with more prescense, something the Brock can not do.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    No, Actually, Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Brock, May, Dawn and even the likes of Tracey and Max are all stars of the anime. I mean, if the narrator explicitly referred to them as "Our Heroes" during the opening and endings of episodes, and if Bulbapedia labeled them as the protagonists (in other words, the STARS) of the show, they are the stars, and if Misty, May, Max, Dawn, Tracey, and Brock can be replaced, then, hate to break it to you, but Ash and, yes, even Pikachu does have that chance of being replaced.

Dude, Pikachu will NEVER be replaced. That's like replacing Ronald McDonald from McDonald. That's like replacing Spongebob. That's like replacing Big Bird.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Yes, Dawn has done a lot of the stuff Ash has. But I don't see Dawn taking over as the main-main character. As much as I love that idea, it might not happen. But, hey, with how Diamond and Pearl is going, ANYTHING is possible...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Dude, Pikachu will NEVER be replaced. That's like replacing Ronald McDonald from McDonald. That's like replacing Spongebob. That's like replacing Big Bird.

You know, Pokemon Special did play Red up as being the star of that manga, and, well, they then replaced him with Yellow (and in effect making him a helpless hostage of the Elite 4), made a brief appearance in the Gold, Silver, and Crystal saga (involving a spring), didn't appear at ALL in the R/S saga, reappeared in a starring role in the FR/LG saga, and disappeared into obscurity by the time the Emerald Saga commenced (except one brief appearance as a statue)...

Actually, I just remembered something... Red ALSO had a Pikachu, and it even acted a tiny bit similar to Ash's Pikachu, even being quite a pain in the neck when they first met (aside from it being content with a Pokeball, and it not being his starter, which is a small, but notable difference, but still...), and yet, even though it was one of Red's most powerful pokemon (in fact, even usurping his Bulbasaur in terms of stardom), and was almost considered as a star, That STILL Didn't save Pika from being utterly replaced. If they could have done that with Pika despite it apparantly being the posterboy (or in this case Postermon) of Pokemon, and yet still allowing that Manga to continue sales as if nothing happened, who's to say that Ash's Pikachu is going to be immune from such a fate?

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    These are alot of good points and Ash is getting a bit boring. We also got to see her from the very start of her pokemon journey too.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    You know, Pokemon Special did play Red up as being the star of that manga, and, well, they then replaced him with Yellow (and in effect making him a helpless hostage of the Elite 4), made a brief appearance in the Gold, Silver, and Crystal saga (involving a spring), didn't appear at ALL in the R/S saga, reappeared in a starring role in the FR/LG saga, and disappeared into obscurity by the time the Emerald Saga commenced...

Actually, I just remembered something... Red ALSO had a Pikachu, and it even acted a tiny bit similar to Ash's Pikachu, even being quite a pain in the neck when they first met (aside from it being content with a Pokeball, and it not being his starter, which is a small, but notable difference, but still...), and yet, even though it was one of Red's most powerful pokemon (in fact, even usurping his Bulbasaur in terms of stardom), and was almost considered as a star, That STILL Didn't save Pika from being utterly replaced. If they could have done that with Pika despite it apparantly being the posterboy (or in this case Postermon) of Pokemon, and yet still allowing that Manga to continue sales as if nothing happened, who's to say that Ash's Pikachu is going to be immune from such a fate?

Manga is not equal to Anime. Not everyone can get the manga, but EVERYONE can see the Anime. Therefore, Pikachu will not be replaced in the Anime. Pikachu is the face of the franchise. Think about it, Pikachu is capturable in every Game. Why? Because Pikachu is the logo for Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    ~*HazaBaraFatale*~: good point. However, technically, we also got to see May from the very start of her journey as well. And, if you want to get technical, Misty might have been seen at the start of her journey (Who says she can't have gotten to the Pallet brook in a single day? I mean, considering how Ash, Misty, and Brock seemed to revisit Cerulean City in almost no time at all, when they apparantly got there all the way from Viridian City, we can easily assume that she took that amount of time from Cerulean City to the border of Pallet town.)

Also, No, not everyone can see the anime, either. ask countries that can't even afford to get Pokemon (or keep it on the air, for that matter.). Heck, even Japan might have problems broadcasting the anime to people who can't afford TVTokyo.

Also, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think Pikachu was even able to be captured (or snagged, in this case) in Pokemon Colosseum (I don't think it was even capturable in XD at all.). Thus, it's not really capturable in every game.

And if you are going to state that it's being capturable in almost every game as a reason as to why it's the mascot, then we should also count Magikarp, Horsea, Tentacool, Goldeen, Psyduck, Koffing, Grimer, and some others as well since, really, most, if not ALL of those pokemon (especially Magikarp) are staples in almost all of the games.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    -.-'

You're getting that face from me. Face it dude, Pikachu isn't going anywhere. You know exactly what I meant about everyone seeing the Anime. The majority of the people in the world know that Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon. Anyway, I'm through arguing over a cartoon.

Pikachu isn't going anywhere until the series is cancelled. End of discussion on my part. Feel free to continue. -nod-

-exit-

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    She can be another main star, if she has her own series... She can NEVER be a main star when there is Ash. Female main characters are just eye candy to boys, as the director said. So she will be replace soon when there is 5th gen...

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    She's a more annoying version of May. What's to be a star about? I'd like Richie to be involved more, maybe travel with the group for a few episodes.

Back