• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Day to Day Item game!

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Im going to guess Reading Glasses O_e

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years
I would probably guess.........playing cards?
Hypothetically speaking of course.
...I don't know.

And as for the Nintendo Wii question, it was okay, except I'm not sure if I would consider that an "everyday" object.

i'm afrid it does since it is popular! sorry if you don't count it though...

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
'Everyday items' are items that people used every day of their lives. While they're popular, I don't think the're 'everyday items'. I certainly don't use my Wii everyday, while I use my glasses everyday.

Well.. since someone already said glasses, I guess I'll pick.. a book?

MeerFall

Years
the answer is...

COMPUTER MOUSE!!!!

AGAIN no one got it right... I'm making these too hard :(

alwell you will get it right evetally just like tjgamer did (somehow... I think he has physic powers but luckly he donsen't... or does he? he guess close to this awser a couple of posts ago... is he a pokemon with future sight? nah he isn't... or is he?)

anyway a computer mouse has three options
1. a click! (powerful hit)
2. move files (or tagets in this case!)
3. right click options (or move selection )

the clue anwser is...

A computer is only as smart as the human!... am i terrible?! i do rubbish clues :(

good luck all of you with the next discription!

when held, any moves that contain sound (e.g uproar, growl etc.) have no effect. Althought if any moves that contain sound equiped pokemon uses they altermaterly come super effective! Unless the foe is inmume.

good luck all of you!

heres a clue!

if you add 'chunky' to the front of the word, you will get full marks! (plus it a two worded answer!)

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
Tomboichriostie beat me to it.
But of course, I will follow the rules. No copying.
My guess is a megaphone.

MeerFall

Years
'Everyday items' are items that people used every day of their lives. While they're popular, I don't think the're 'everyday items'. I certainly don't use my Wii everyday, while I use my glasses everyday.

Well.. since someone already said glasses, I guess I'll pick.. a book?

well for example i don't wear glasses but they still count! i may not have a gamers chair but that still counts it can be bacilly anything you find in a home!... i guess you are right their but i quote form the defination of google! 'Includes food items, dress, tools, instruments etc' so it is not an item you use every day it just a item that you use often! even i agree with you that i don't use the wii everyday! anyway although you got a good point you did not undersatnd the defination of 'everyday objects'

anyway on another matter YOU CAN COPY IF YOU WANT!!!!!!! it was just a joke :( put down what ever you think!

the anwser is...

Chunky headphones!!!!
glad this was a lot easyier!

well done Tjgamer and Tomboichriostie althought tjgamer did not put it down he wanted to but he thought the was a no coping rule
damn it i make a bad joke!

anyway lord storm you were close so well done to you too! i knew you have might been effected by the fake no coping rule! but don't worry!
tjgamer did it too!!! (oh my god that rhymed :) )

anyway if you have any complments or complaints! please PM me so that i can anwser you and do a post with updates! DO NOT PM ME IDEAS OR THEY WILL NEVER BE USED!!!!

anyway on to the next DISCRIPTION (OMG) :)

when held, statis (e.g sleep) have no effect! Counting on the color can boost a types move (e.g blue=water)! If it has spikes attack is rasied by 50%, or if they contain gems SP attack is raised by 50%, this item can contain both jews and spikes! Although the foe can see the pokemons move selection and list at the start of the battle and before they attack!

clue: du du duhhhhhh! i'm not telling you till about 8 o'clockish because i gave more than you should know!...

anyway good luck on winning...
THE DAY TO DAY ITEM GAME!!!

on another note (sorry) if anyone knows how to do the elbam things (like the potery thing (tjgamer) ) i will be thankful because i want to give out elbelms PLEASE!!!!!

anyway.... heres your clue!

clue: a pokemon is a gamers best friend!

(although it dosen't have to be pokemon... but that is unrealated! ignore these brackets!)

Last edited by a moderator:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
Err....a cup of coffee?
A caffeine pill?
A stimulant drug?

That's all I can get from my mind.

About emblems. I think only moderators can do that.
I don't give the Poem of the Week emblems to the winners, the moderators do.
(bobandbill and Astinus are the Writing section's moderators)
You can ask one of them for help.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
A Kaleidoscope, duh.

Although it isn't exactly an everyday object, it fits perfectly the description.

MeerFall

Years
the anwser is...

DOG COLLAR!!!...

... don't worry their is always an next time...

anyway here a catch up on the items i've already used

1. pillow
  2. shampoo
  3. remote
  4. nintendo wii
  5. computer mouse
  6. chunky headphones
  7. and dog collar
i will NOT be using these again...

anyway time for seven item countdown!!! useing the recently used items (above) you will discribe what situation they will be most effective at e.g (you must not use this discription) pillow is most effective when used agaisnt normal types because normal types are most likely to have physical moves...

(if it is not right do NOT tell me it just an example!)

anyway here is a thought for the day

discribe and discription are diffrent because the 'b' changes to a 'p' but why does the 'b' change to a 'p' when all that changes is the time you say it and the meaning.

(by the way i do NOT mean that a bee turns to pee because i mean the letters!)

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
Hmmm...that's a pretty tough question.
Well, try saying "describtion" out loud. Doesn't really sound right, does it?
Another way to look at it is researching the suffixes, prefixes, and roots in the word.
I believe the root SCRIPT refers to something that is spoken or written.
...That's all I can really explain. Does it help?

MeerFall

Years
Hmmm...that's a pretty tough question.
Well, try saying "describtion" out loud. Doesn't really sound right, does it?
Another way to look at it is researching the suffixes, prefixes, and roots in the word.
I believe the root SCRIPT refers to something that is spoken or written.
...That's all I can really explain. Does it help?

yeah it does help thank you but it not hard just to say its not right! ( i don't understand most of it but it donsen't matter :) )

anyway if you win the countdown you get a elbum good luck everyone!

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
So sad the nature of this world is today, calling the Nintendo Wii an everyday item.

Anyways. An Emblem will not be given out. :/ This game isn't any more special than the other games here in PT. Perhaps if this game was an event ran more... professionally (or rather, more organized) then maybe, but that isn't the case here.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
Can I still take a guess?

Is it...living in your own house?

...Eesh! That was vague.

MeerFall

Years
Can I still take a guess?

Is it...living in your own house?

...Eesh! That was vague.

if you read it proberly you got to discribe oneof the recenty used item at what they will be most effective

QUOTE FROM ME:

useing the recently used items (above) you will discribe what situation they will be most effective

END QUOTE FROM ME:

and yes you can still have a go

ok no one wins the 7 item countdown and i won't be doing that again...

anyway onto the next discription!

When held, this item increase the move present, but make it more likely to restore HP. It is also more likely in the winter season!

(I know why am i doing seasons? because of black and white thats why!)

Last edited by a moderator:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
Hot cocoa?
....I guess that sort of makes sense.

Glad to see this game continue!

MeerFall

Years
yeah i'm going to continue for now...

tjgamer you were close but it was...

gift bag!!!!

okkkkkkkk

next one!

when held by an eletric pokemon, it decreases the foes accuacity and increses the sp attack! It is said to be found by tom eddy

Last edited:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2021
*light bulb flashes above my head*

Light bulb!
Heheh! :cer_laugh:

Back