• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Decapitalization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'd assume that pokemon being brought from 4th gen games to the 5th gen would have their names (if not nicknamed) converted to the correct case.

It wouldn't be difficult to do that.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Yahoo~! I had an OCD for that too; Am so glad they're going to do that~ Made me look forwards to the new game more!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This is good to see, now I won't feel odd about all the capitol letters...also now the only one with a fully Capitalized name is N who has only one letter xD.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Good. It took me a while to get used to the fact that the game was just emphasising important events and that the residents didn't just have random outbursts.

"Sweet, now that you have all 8 badges you can take on the POKEMON LEEEEAAAAAAAGGGGUUUEEEEEEEE at the INDIGO PLATEAU!!!111!!!1!1!!"

That was quite literally how I used to hear it in my head.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I never really noticed it, so I don't care very much. but still, it makes it look like your trainer is not screaming.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    feoqcl.png

Anyone notice all the Pokemn's names are now written with the beginning letter being upper-cased and the rest being lower-cased?

E.g
    Generic Name Written Prior To Gen.5: EXAMPLE
    Generic Name Written in Gen.5: Example

Could it be possible this change will be happening in black and White or could it be the small flaw in a fake screenshot?

SharKing319

King o' Sharpedo, baby.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    As I said on Bulbagarden, this is something I've been waiting a long time for. Of course, I do have to wonder why the names were capitalized in the first place.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Yeah it was weird when all pokemon names were capitalized but I grew used to it. Its nice to not have all caps now! :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I am so happy. :D The all-caps always bother me in the previous games. Before I started using legitimate nicknames for my Pokémon, I would nickname my Pokémon their actual name, but without the CAPSLOCK EVERYWHERE. It just really irked me that everything was like that and I'm hoping this wasn't some sort of fluke. I'm really excited that everyone in the Pokémon world won't be yelling all the time!

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Just watched an English patch on YouTube - apparently this isn't to be the case, although that may just be the patch itself that does that. When the game actually comes out, it might all be de-capitalised.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Finally. I always accidentally de-capitalized my Pokemon's nicknames without thinking of how it would look. It was always like ...

"Sprout used RAZOR LEAF.
    TOTODILE used WATER GUN."

It bugged me so much. Now it's going to look much cleaner and I don't have to capitalize.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • When I read something that's been CAPS LOCKED. I always shout in my head. XD;

So it'll be nice to have my brain shouting out Pokemon names every 5 minutes or so D;

I always name mine; E.g, Bulbasaur, instead of BULBASAUR.

/LOL brain shout.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Haha. I remember making a hack of Emerald that only featured de-capitalisation. Because it bothered me that much. What surprised me was the amount of random things that were actually capitalised. Took forever to finish, but was definitely worth it.

And before that, I would nickname my Pokemon de-capitalised things. Good times.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back