• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Declassified Documents: Volume 3

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015

Declassified Documents: Volume 3 [Yet Another Graphics Gallery]

OVERVIEW

I've been in the graphics business since November 2008. I used to have two image galleries (here and here), but they both fell into disrepair. I've done a lot more work since then, and I'd like to think that my skills have improved since the last time I put up a gallery of my work. So, enjoy my latest and (hopefully) greatest.

Most of my graphics are still made with GIMP 2.4.6, though I was able to experiment with Adobe Photoshop CS5 for a while.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

1. Don't steal. Just don't.
    2. This is just a gallery, so don't pester me with requests. Go get other people to make graphics for you; they're probably better at it than me anyway.
    3. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all.
    4. Follow the general rules and regulations of this forum.

MY WORK SINCE SEPTEMBER 2010 [in no particular order]

Commentary to be added at a later date.

Made with GIMP 2.4.6

1. Sanya V. Litvyak - Strike Witches
    Spoiler:

2. Lelouch Lamperouge - Code Geass
    Spoiler:

3. Kureha Suminoya - Sora no Woto
    Spoiler:

4, 5. Homura Akemi - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
    Spoiler:

Made with Adobe Photoshop CS5

1. Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame - Touhou Project
    Spoiler:

2. Saber - Fate/stay night
    Spoiler:

3. C.C. and Kallen Stadtfeld - Code Geass
    Spoiler:

4, 5, 6. Haruhi Suzumiya - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Spoiler:

7. Sanya V. Litvyak - Strike Witches
    Spoiler:

8. Yoshika Miyafuji - Strike Witches
    Spoiler:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Jack, I've always been a big fan of your themes, I think you do really well with them. My favorites of this bunch are: number 1 & 7 from CS5 and number 3 & 5 from GIMP.

With number three, the coloring and simplicity of just the image makes it stand out. I think adding text would make it too crowded in a way, leaving it as is was a good choice. With number 5, the color scheme, text and lack of too much brightness/contrast is what I'm a fan of. My one big critque would be to use a little less brightness/contrast in some of the images like number 8 from CS5 for example, on the left hand side it almost makes the text too difficult to clearly see. Using a little less would make the text and other parts of the image stand out more.

Like I said, they look good :) the color schemes are always spot on.

Back