• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Defense of the Ancients (dota)

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
Years
  • (For those who don't know, DotA is a custom map in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, but it has pretty much become a game of its own, with 95 unique heroes and a lot of possible item builds for all of them, resulting in nearly endless combinations, and therefore all 5v5 games turning out entirely differently.)

Discuss anything Dota-related here, like do you play on bnet and/or on garena, what are your favourite heroes or roles in the game, what heroes you dislike facing, etc etc. You can even post your garena account names and we might be able to get some games in.

My all-time favourite heroes are Mortred, Trax, Spectre, Zeus, Windrunner, Luna, Sand King, Rylai, Clockwerk, Ench, Lanaya, Tiny, Medusa, Invoker, Juggernaut, Nerubian Assassin (yeah, quite a long list). These are always fun to use, and I never really lose with them.

I play all heroes well though, particularly STR ones, but most of those (with the exception of Crix/Tiny/Clock) are too boring for me to use these days.

As you can see, I prefer playing carries (late-gamers) or gankers (early/mid-game hero killers) rather than tanks or support, but I'm sick of allies usually picking 4x agi (especially stuff like Sniper, Bloodseeker, Razor who are probably the weakest late-gamers in the game), and then I have to take a tank or we'll lose, but we'll probably lose anyway due to having worse carries than the opposite team. :/

I also like to use non-standard item builds which however still work really well. I like it when I go beyond godlike with Desolator+Armlet+Vladi Mortred, however, despite getting that beyond godlike streak, I get called a noob by allies and opponents alike for getting those items in the first place instead of going for the standard Battle Fury build, it's so ironic. Also Skadi+Refresher Orb Juggernaut has got to be the most fun to use item build ever.

Also like using Necromonicon a lot, that item is really underrated/underused and considered to be difficult to micro, but it's really not as difficult to use as it seems. (then again, I'm a Zerg player in Starcraft so I suppose my APM is high enough to handle it much easier than others, eh.)

Also kind of ironic that my most favourite hero, Mortred, is also my most hated hero to face, because very good teamplay is required to beat her (which is why she's so good in public games), and even then, luck can still decide the outcome of the game due to those 4x criticals and 30% evasion getting triggered more often than usual.

And there's really no one solid hero to counter Mortred, Butcher/Bane/Doom/Spectre/Visage/Tiny/Meepo/Viper/Lycan/Tblade are all shaky counters, and all others are pretty much completely shut down by BKB and/or 2x Battle Furies (Lancer, Naga, Nessaj) and/or MKB (Panda, Riki, Troll, Windrunner, BFly users) or lol Diffusal (Omni, Sven, Brood). So yeah, Mortred is scary in games with unorganized teams, especially with the semi-invisibility from Blur. :x

Ok, let the discussion begin.

P.S. No offense to those whose fave heroes are Sniper/Bloodseeker/Razor, they can carry decently with the proper item builds, and I do mean proper, and not the Sange&Yasha Bloodseeker, 40 mins Maelstrom Razor or non-Skadi/Deso Sniper that you see in 99% of the games, but even if people get the right item builds for them, they still can't beat hard-carries like Mortred, Troll, Void, Ursa, Tblade, Spectre, Lancer, Clinkz, etc.

P.P.S. Tauren's skills are what really need to be nerfed, not his stats, what are you doing Icefrog?!...

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
    Back