• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Delta Force

Pokeyking

That guy that does stuff.
    Years
    A year ago, on Pokemon Acanthite, I set up a fic. It was well received, but the main criticism came from, the grammar. SO, my good friend Missingo.7-4468 decided to help, and make it legible enough for PC. So, he did, and I'm grateful. I'd like to welcome you, to Delta Force, and Original fiction about, well, just read it.

Super heroes. You love them, you read about them, you watch them. Now, imagine this. Your world, without humans and animals. Your world, only filled with pokemon. Now, these pokemon act exactly like humans, talk like humans, walk like humans, unless they have 4 feet of course. Now, in this world, there are two types of pokemon. Normal Pokemon, and Delta Species. Now, in this world, a Delta Species grants you a second type, and effect your genetics, granting you abnormal powers. Of course, its not much different then being a Pokemon, but whatever. Anyways, Deltas are like mutants, everyone fears them. Mostly because some idiot Delta became a criminal, and gave all Deltas a bad rep. Anywho, I'd like to tell you a tale, about a Delta, that changed the world forever, and the team that did it with him. Welcome to the adventures, of the Delta Force.

Prologue​

It was a dark and stormy night; rain was falling from the clouds as lightning flashed and thunder rolled. A clan of large green bugs with scythes for arms and a reptillian-like face was camped in the middle of a forest unpelted by the seemingly infinitely falling rain. This clan has lived by strict rules that have not changed for centuries... But on this very night, a baby was born...

The baby Scyther cried as its mother held it on the flat sides of her scythe-like arms. The father looked in pride at his son, who was still only a few minutes old.

"Hes beautiful!" the mother said, smiling in glee at the wonder of her child, "perfect in every way!"

"Not only that," the father seemed to brag, "it only took him a few minutes to break out of the egg. He must be strong."

Then, suddenly, the baby Scyther lifted its small wings, and flew out of his mother's arms and flew up nearly to the canopy of the trees. Gliding along the treetops, he laughed and smiled. The parents looked at each other, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

"He was just born!" his father cried in disbelief and seemingly anger, "He should not be flying yet! Especially not this well!"

"He's just different," the mother reassured, but seeming to have her own doubts. "It's going to be fine."

"But that's exactly the problem!" the father yelled, "You know the laws of the clan! He, as well as us, may get banished just for his existance. Being different is bad, here, Selena!"

"I don't care, Samuel!" the mother said sharply, eyeing her husband with contempt and breathing heavily. "Why don't we think of other things for right now?, I thought of a perfect name."

"And what is that?" the father said as if in disgust that such a child could be born to him.

"We should name him... Sky," Selena said, as the baby flew back onto the broad side of her scythes and closed his wings, nodding to sleep. "His name is Sky. Sky Aeromaxx."

The Scyther elder took it all slowly as he faced away from the parents, nodding with a permanent scowl on his face whilst shaking in anger. Then, he turned to the parents telling him the story. "Flying, now?" he sharply stuttered. "That's impossible! I refuse to believe it!"

"It's true," Selena cried, dismayed at the lack of belief of the elder, "we saw it happen!"

"I refuse to believe until I see it for myself!" the elder yelled, his yellow eyes piercing into Selena's heart with anger.

Almost as if on cue, Sky flew through the door to the tent, looking for his parents whom he thought to have disappeared, scaring the three grown Scyther. The elder looked at Sky, who flew into his mother's scythe arms again, with a scowl that made the elder seem all the more intimidating.

"Normally, I would do this to all three of you," he said, eyeing the three of them with a glare that could make a Tauros run away in fear, "but due to this being an... accident... Sky Aeromaxx is hereby banished from the clan, for as long as he may live, and longer still as he wanders the world as a spirit of nature!"

Selena wailed in sorrow, while Samuel seemed unaffectedby the sudden outburst of the elder. "Don't do this to him!" the mother cried, "he's just a baby!"

"He can obviously fend for himself," the elder interrupted. "We cannot have such a... freak of nature in our clan! Now, make him leave!"

As the leader walked out, Samuel seemed much more affected as tears began to roll down his face. He knelt down the young Scyther who had been the cause of this entire fiasco. "You are a monster, son," he said, tears filling up his eyes. "For your own good, you must go away! A freak like you will not be tolerated here! Go! And never come back!"

The three walked outside into the pattering rain. Sky took one last look at his dad, and unfolded his wings. With tears in his eyes, he fled the clan, vowing to never come back.

As the days went by, they turned to weeks, then to months, then to years. Sky defended himself throughout his life, having nobody to rely on. When he was nearly a man, he found himself in a strange city full of other Pokemon. It was there he spent the next few years of his life. He eventually evolved into a Scizor whose heart was even colder than the steel on his body. His wings were somewhat larger than normal, and he was a dimmer shade of red than most Scizor.

As he grew, he became only colder and meaner. He took a job as a pawn shop salesman in a bad part of the city that went by the name of Surplux. Though it got bad reviews, even the Better Business Bureau was afraid of Sky, so they left him and his shop alone. Eventually, the pawn shop became more like a junkyard, with useless things everywhere.

Thus the days went by, Sky scowling at every person, getting their junk for free, then selling things way overpriced. He didn't care if he made people feel bad; in his opinion he had no reason to live, so why did anyone else?

Last edited:

Pokeyking

Years
    It was a fine Tuesday afternoon when the door to the shop opened. The pokemon that walked in was a brown Pokemon with a tan face and chest with large teeth and a brown tail: A Bibarel. He wore a black tuxedo, and had dark sunglasses on his face.

"Sir," Sky grumbled angrily, he did not like it when guys in suits came to the pawn shop, "the funeral home is on the other side of..."

"I'm here for something specific," the Bibarel interrupted, looking around the store with the concentration of a six-year-old Pachirisu under the influence of a sugar rush, "Can you show me where it is?"

"Why don't you find it for yourself?" Sky said, getting even more annoyed "It's probably in this pile of junk."

"Are you the one they call 'Sky Aeromaxx?" the Bibarel asked, staring at Sky through the sunglasses, the newfound concentration taking Sky aback.

"Why don't you just read my name tag?" Sky grumbled, pointing at the rectangular plate attached via magnet to his chest, "You could learn my name just by looking at it."

The Bibarel leaned in towards Sky, looking at the nametag, and smiled. "You can call me Boris," he said, adjusting his tie along with the rest of his tuxedo.

"And I'm not caring," Sky said monotonely, already annoyed with this visitor, "Just get what you're looking for and get out. Make sure to pay first."

"How much is it for you?" The Bibarel, Boris, asked with a strange look on his face that seemed to convey You're coming with me, bub and Have any doughnuts? at the same time. How it conveyed the latter, Sky honestly had no idea.

"Wait," Sky spat, not understanding what the Bibarel was asking, "What?"

"Have you ever heard of Delta Species, son?" Boris asked, a strange smirk on his face.

"No," Sky said, getting even more annoyed now that this Bibarel seemed to want to be Alex Trebek or something, "I haven't, now can you jus-"

"Why don't we go outside?" Boris interrupted, again with that strange look in his eyes from before.

"Uh..." Sky mumbled, not really wanting to, but there was something about this Bibarel... "Sure..."

The two of them went outside into the run-down square where grafitti abounded and shady characters lurked the dark corners with Boris in the lead. "Now," the Bibarel said as they got out, breathing in the nearly-toxic air as per usual of areas like this in surplux, "regular Bibarel are of the Normal and Water types, correct?"

Sky looked at Boris as if the latter was more stupid than, well, a Bibarel. "Yeah," he said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice, "what about it?"

"Are there any unused buildings around here?" Boris asked, striking Sky by surprise, (Why would anyone want to know where an abandoned builiding is? Sky had thought) "If there are, they have to be pretty sturdy."

Sky then pointed at a run-down building, despite it seeming to pull away from its rafters, it looked fairly sturdy. "That one's abandoned," he said halfheartedly, "Why do you ask?"

"Just watch," the Bibarel said, and Sky stood still, as Boris walked to the building. He began to breath slowly, and lifted up his right hand's pinky finger. Sky watched in total awe as he placed it into a crack under the building. Letting out a large grunt, Boris jerked his pinky upwards, causing the building to collapse upon itself.

"Woah!" Sky yelled as the building started to disintegrate, "How did you do that?"

"I'm a Delta Species, Slick," Boris said proudly, a hint of braggin in his voice, "A fighting type to be exact. That means that I have an extra type to use."

"That's not weird at all," Sky said sarcastically. This guy was creeping the hell out of him.

"What about you?" Boris asked in an interrogating tone, as if interviewing Sky, "Can you do anything, well, weird?"

"I can fly," Sky said somewhat proudly, but he was obviously nervous(In case you don't know why, you may want to read the prologue again, it's on thee first post, but I digress.).

"That's something that a regular Scizor can't do..." Boris mumbled, almost to himself, "Go on, show me."

Sky just stared blankly for a moment. "Okay then..." he said in a way that lacked any emotion whatsoever. Sky slowly drew his wings, (which quickly caught Boris' attention, as they were somewhat larger than normal), which seemed to summon a small gust of air into the Bibarel's face. Jumping into the air, Sky thrusted his claws forwards. This momentum quickly brought Sky airborne, and he glided above the rooftops with total ease. Noticing the Boris looked satisfied, he slowly lowered himself back to the ground.

"I think you should come with me," Boris said enigmatically, "You have potential."

"Wait," Sky interrupted, not understanding the 'potential' part, "what?"

"I head a secret underground organization," Boris said, "The only members are Delta Species. We call it..." He paused to take off his sunglasses, and looked straight at Sky, "The Delta Force."

"Copy-write Infringement much..... What's the catch?" Sky asked, thinking this Boris was a little suspicious, and that he himself was a total moron for even listening to him.

"You can't live in this..." Boris said, pointing at Sky's "house" and pausing for a moment, "Trash heap ever again. However, you must also commit to your training, and yadda yadda yadda."

"Fine," Sky spat, "I guess I'm in."

"Great!" Boris said, slapping Sky on the back. He slapped too hard, however, and Sky went flying into his old shop, making a large hole in the wall.

"Ow!" Sky yelled as he got up, dusting the filth(Of which included dust, drywall, some junk from his shop, and that unforgettable smell of asbestos) off of his body.

"Sorry, Slick!" Boris grinned, not seeming to see exactly what had happened, "Anyway, welcome to Delta Force!"

"Oh, great," Sky said sarcastically, hoping he would never say slick ever again.

Last edited:

Azurne

The Local Trickster
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    This isn't bad at all, but there are some things I'm just shaking my head in disbelief with.

For instance:
    "But that's exactly the problem!" the father yelled, "You know the laws of the clan! He, as well as us, may get banished just for his existance*. Being different is bad!"
    That was a very big facepalm moment right there. I mean, yeah, being different is strange, but I can't grasp why this clan goes as far as to banish Sky for being able to fly. Just 'because he is different' doesn't cut it for me. That's not an explanation, it's an excuse. I think you should have come up with a firmer base line as to why Sky had to be banished from his clan.

Not to mention I can't believe his parents encouraged this, or even tolerated their kid being banished seemingly moments after he was born. Pokemon are not people, I know, but the way you have this story set up, it seems like you're paralleling them with human beings. Since that's the case.. I can't imagine a person, especially a mother, who just bore a child, willingly and so easily giving her child away or abandoning him to fend for himself just because some elder of the clan said so.

*existence
    Then, suddenly, the baby Scyther flew out of his mother's arms.
    Scyther have arms? I thought they were just blades…
    "His name is Sky Aeromaxx."
    So Pokemon have last names too? Just curious.
    As he grew, he became colder and meaner. He took a job as a pawn shop salesman in a bad part of the city. Though it got bad reviews, the Better Business Bureau was afraid of Sky, so they left it alone. Eventually, the pawn shop became more like a jumkyard*, with useless things everywhere.

Thus the days went by, Sky scowling at every person, getting their junk for free, then selling things way overpriced. He didn't care if he made people feel bad; in his opinion he had no reason to live, so why did anyone else?
    Okay, so his life in miserably crappy because he was abandoned… and that's it? He has no friends at all?

*Junkyard

"You can't live in this..." Boris said, pointing at Sky's "house" and pausing for a moment, "Trash heap ever again. However, you must also commit to your training, and yadda yadda yadda."

You never really explained why exactly Sky caved and agreed to join this organization. Is it because his house is in such disrepair, and he has nowhere else to go? Or is it for money reasons? A couple lines above, he was calling himself a moron for listening to this guy.

Overall a decent read. It needs a little kick to it though, with better descriptions and some firmer back ground reasons.

I wish you luck with any future projects~

-Azurne

Pokeyking

Years
    Meh, I blame my editor for the spelling mistakes :p

You know, this story is filled with so many plot holes, on the forum this came from, I tell everyone to "Blame Arceus." Heck, thats a running gag.

Your right, they are jack asses. Think about X-Men. Think about that guy who hated mutants. Basically, everyone is like that. You got a world full of normal jerks. I kinda show that with a character that comes in around, I forgot.

Think about it this way, his parents, sorry, dad and clan, abandoned him, called him a reck, and basically told him he sucked. Sky kinda took that hard, so he became a bit of an ass.

Sky joined, mostly for all those reasons. Being the complex character he is, I kinda left that for the reader to decide. Also, I'm fat and lazy.

Anywho, thanks for a comment, my editor was right, comments DO come with the second chapter XD Personally, I cant wait him to finish doing this so I can put the sequel up. During its run, some critic came in, said it was okay, and trashed many of the crap. I took this to heart, and fixed everything. It got pretty bad ass.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Well. As promised, I've got a nice pretty review for your fanfic. Just like all my other reviews for stories which haven't gotten too far, I will read the first chapter and review it, then decide if I will continue from there.

and Original fiction about, well, just read it.
    This ain't original fiction... it's a Pokémon fanfic. O_o Also, you need to add the "[Pokémon]" label to your thread title... you can do that by editing the first post.

Mostly because some idiot Delta became a criminal, and gave all Deltas a bad rep.
    One? One Delta Pokémon? I find that hard to believe - a hardened criminal syndicate of Delta Pokémon, maybe, but not one.

Anywho, I'd like to tell you a tale, about a Delta, that changed the world forever, and the team that did it with him.
    You do know you've just spoiled the entirety of the first chapter, right? :/ I find it's best not to jabber on for too long about things relating to the fic - if you need to explain the past of the Delta Species, have there be some sort of lesson in school, or have the father explain to his son precisely how bad he is just for existing.

So... First off, I'd like to point out that most Delta Species Pokémon are manmade. Meaning, electromagnetic radiation coming from humans and their machines caused the Pokémon to mutate. Unless you've got a secret band of scientists hiding out in a side alley or something, I think it would be a good idea to change the name of the abnormality. Like Omega Species or something? An 'omega', in wolf terminology, is pretty much an exile, like your mutant Pokémon race... it's much better than confusing the snot out of people like me who read into obscure creatures like Delta Pokémon. |D

Thunder.

"It's beautiful!" the mother said, smiling, "Perfect in every way!"
    Since the P in 'perfect' is capitalized, there should be a period after 'smiling'. Tell me, does this look right?

It's beautiful! the mother said, smiling, Perfect in every way!

No. That was just removing the quotes. If you need more help, please pursue this awesome website.

"And what is that?" the father said monotonely.
    You keep referring to them as "the mother" and "the father," as if they don't have names. Give them some! It's an extra dimension of believability in your superrealistic Pokémon world, where every creature has a name and a meaning.

"That's something that a regular Scizor can't do..."
    Scizor can fly. :/ Research plz?

"Copy-write Infringement much.....
    Copyright.

Expand your vocabulary, sir! You can google "synonyms for said" or something like that and find a giant list of things to use. Your list (especially regarding Sky) seems a little limited.

Well... I think you're just being too impatient with this. I mean, think about it: unless being a Delta Pokémon enhances a Pokémon's brainpower at an immense rate, there's no way a newborn like Sky would even be able to navigate in the air at his age! Even if he has the capability as a child, he wouldn't have the skill. At the very least, his wings would need to grow large enough that they can carry his body weight. There was such potential for a secret ability that Sky harbored, running off in the dead of night to teach himself flight while laughing at his clanmates who were just now flapping their wings! And then there's the fact that it was very, very short. Instead of just cutting to the conversation with minimal action before, after, and in between, you've got to DESCRIBE. Where werethey when the Elder spoke? In the Aeromaxx den? The Elder's home? Hovering over the edge of a cliff? Keep this in mind and always make sure your reader knows where your characters are.

Bottom line: Your grammar and descriptive skills are somewhat lacking, and there's still that Delta Species thing ticking me off, but I like the general concept and I really like a-hole protagonists. I'm gonna keep reading.

Last edited:

Pokeyking

Years
    Technically, it is original. Have you ever seen a fiction that has pokemon spoofing X-Men, with no humans, no
    antro or whatever crap, and nothing truthfully relate to the games or anime in general? I mean, the only thing vaguely related to the games is that it has pokemon. :p

About the whole DELTA species thing. I don't, in anyway, use the delta species presented in the cards. Heck, I don't even LIKE the cards. I use it in a simple way, every pokemon has a type. Delta species either have a second type or third one. In this world, a delta can be anything, hinting at a whole X-Men parody.

Actually, if you don't remember, unless my editor took it out, the mother/father i can't remember mentions that scythers do not fly at birth. Why are you even asking how he can fly? He has the flying delta, so he can fly. Nuff said. You know, I'm gonna throw the character bio page up again, I miss it....

My god, I need a better editor XD

I refuse to give them names. They never appear again, they are never MENTIONED again, I don't need to give then names.

I think your asking for a LITTLE much. The scyther clan is never revisited, its just meant as a little, spooky prologue.

Hm, can't blame you for asking to much. Your fic is about deltas in general, mine is, different. There is a back story, but it e=gets explained in the tale itself. To be honest, it becomes a major point with one of the villains.

Anywhom thanks for the critique. I'm gonna whip my editor again XD Meh, my fault, if I didn't write terribly, he wouldn't have to go through so much. Regardless, this is EXACTLY the kinda stuff I like! On other forums, I just get praise! I like a little simon cowell crap!

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Technically, it is original.
    You can call it a crossover or a spoof or whatever you like, but it has Pokémon in it, which makes it based at least slightly off of another work - and therefore not original fiction.

About the whole DELTA species thing. I don't, in anyway, use the delta species presented in the cards. Heck, I don't even LIKE the cards. I use it in a simple way, every pokemon has a type. Delta species either have a second type or third one. In this world, a delta can be anything, hinting at a whole X-Men parody.
    Okay, that's all fine and good. But why the heck did you call them Delta Species? Were you even aware that there was a canonical Delta Species subgroup of Pokémon or what?

Why are you even asking how he can fly?
    I'm not saying that I don't know how he can fly. I am saying that, as far as I've seen, every Scizor on the planet has the ability and the capability to fly.

If I'm wrong, tell me.

unless my editor took it out,
    Tip: Read over your chapters after your editor 'corrects' them to make sure nothing important was taken out. O_o

They never appear again, they are never MENTIONED again, I don't need to give then names.
    Uh, yes you do. Otherwise it just looks bad, like you couldn't be bothered to develop characters who can't progress the plot by leaps and bounds.

The scyther clan is never revisited, its just meant as a little, spooky prologue.
    /facepalm

So does that mean you shouldn't care about it? That it shouldn't be believable?

Okay.

Have you ever seen the Plot Diagram? Exposition, rising/falling action, climax, etc? That village counts as the exposition stage. If you remember what it looks like, you'll remember that the "exposition" line was not a miniscule dot before the Rising Action. It is meant to be dwelled on, just like every other part of the story. Using Delta Species [my fanfic] as an example, do you recall that whole ordeal that happened before Casey got cornered by a swarm of Legendaries and transformed? It wasn't just a discussion, it was actual things happening to introduce us to the main character. Here, you're just rushing through it to get to the cool part, and we're left thinking "...What?"

Your fic is about deltas in general, mine is, different.
    Despite the fact that I was talking about your definition of a Delta Species the entire time. The only time my definition was mentioned was when I was comparing names.

I like a little simon cowell crap!
    Simon Cowell crap? This? XD Don't go on Serebii, whatever you do.

Last edited:

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    *Official editor of DF walks in*

Okay, yes, I make typos a lot, and I can never notice them, no matter how many times I proofread. And I do the accidental capitalization of quotes in a sentence(It is accidental, and I know not to do that, but my fingers are really Shift-happy, and I don't do it when writing on paper). I freely admit to that.

Anyway, from what I can remember, Scizors can't fly. In one episode of the Johto series, I remember an episode with the Scizor. If I remember correctly, it couldn't fly, but it could move from tree-to-tree really fast, which made it look like it was flying. Also, in Silver, it has the following dex entry:
    Its wings are not used for flying. They are flapped at high speed to adjust its body temperature.
    The same dex entry is repeated in both FR and SS.

Everything else you addressed is mentioned by Pokey here, who originally wrote the story.

Pokeyking

Years
    *High Fives*

Yeah, thats Nate, cool guy. Anyways, I freely take your stuff, and I'll make sure that Nate takes it to heart. RIGHT NATE! :p

Feh, I wonder when chapter 3 is done....

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Ah. Point taken on the Scizor thing.
    (For some reason I recall it capable of flight...)
    But that brings up another problem: how? Obviously, Scizor can't fly because its wings are too small for its body. So does Sky here have giant wings or is he just levitating all over the place, defying the laws of physics?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Then perhaps that should be mentioned. (Except for the gravity defiance part, which is... a little out there.)

...Oh, if you want sprites, I'd be happy to do them for you. :D

Pokeyking

Years
    Sorry for the delay, my editor has computer troubles. Chapters one and two have been rewritten, check em out.

Giratinagirl you got your wish.

Pokeyking

Years
    Chapter 3

"Where are we even going?" Sky chided with a strange tone in his voice, still not quite believing the events that had unfolded in the past so many minutes. He was just sitting at his desk when a random Bibarel walks in, asks him to join some group or another, and tears down a building. Sounds like it would be an uneventful day. "I'm getting tired of going in circles."

"To the Delta Force Headquarters," Boris answered with a grin; He had been driving the car literally in circles, taking only right turns at the same exact places. "It's not too far from here."

"You said that a long time ago," Sky berated, looking harshly at Boris. "Are you sure you aren't lost?"

"How could I be lost when..." Boris started, taking a hard turn (which debatedly made Sky happy that he was buckled into his seat belt) into a small alley, "we're right here?"

Sky unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door. What he saw didn't make him happy in any way. At the end of the alley was a large blue portable bathroom nearly large enough to hold a Snorlax with diarrhea. On the door was a loose sticker that read "Port-'O'-John" and overall, the structure looked like it could get blown down by a gust from a Pidgey.

"This is the headquarters for your...organization?" Sky asked with a frown, now thinking that this was just some child's game of 'Let's Play Superhero'. "Looks like fun," he remarked sarcastically.

"The cover can't tell you what the book is about," Boris said dogmatically, giving a strange glare to sky. "Besides, this isn't the headquarters."

"Don't you mean..." Sky mumbled, almost hoping Boris would not hear it, "'Don't judge a book by its cover'?"

"I've never heard it said like that before," Boris stated arbitrarily, "but oh well, a berry's a berry's a Magikarp, right?"

Just then, there were a few quick moments of awkward silence. "Sure," Sky broke the lull with, "I guess..."

"Good boy!" Boris said as if praising a pet of some kind, "Now let's go to HQ"

Sky stood silent for a moment with his mouth hanging open as Boris walked over to the Port-'O'-John; he had no idea what to do. Finally, he started to follow, just as Boris walked in. About ten seconds later, Sky opened the door, only to see Boris tapping his foot impatiently. "About time you showed up," he said as if he had been waiting much longer than he actually was. "Now, let's go to HQ!"

Sky was unamused by this statement, and waited for Boris to do whatever it was he needed to do. To Sky's surprise, Boris pressed a button underneath the filthy toilet paper dispenser on the side. After he pressed it, it the front of the dispenser folded downwards, revealing a keypad underneath. He pressed about ten keys in a seemingly random order and...nothing happened.

"What's gonna happen now?" Sky said sarcastically, looking at Boris with a glare that could put an Arbok to shame, "Is this the Cash Potty or something?"

Boris looked at Sky like the latter was crazy, but still smiled. "No cash prizes here," he said, then pointed at the ground, "You may want to look down though."

"Why is that?" Sky asked, looking down and getting a surprise that made his eyes grew large. The toilet had all but disappeared, and in its place was a whirlpool that was rapidly growing in size toward the two standing there. Sky looked at it with seeming disdain. "How did I not notice that earlier?"

"It may have been because you're a big chatterbox," Boris chided, snickering at what seemed to be a joke. Just then, the current, which was stronger than Sky had taken it for, swept them both up into the whirlpool. As they were sucked into the center, Sky realized that the pipe was very large. Instinctively, he closed his eyes, afraid of things he might see. All the meanwhile, Boris was laughing his head off as the two slid down the large pipe.

Suddenly, they hit a slightly underinflated crash mat that would have hurt Sky a little if he was not made out of metal. Sky laid there for a moment without saying anything until he heard a strange voice from directly above him. "Well, lookie here, it's a newbie!" the voice, somewhat high-pitched but still masculine, with a light African accent, and fairly melodic, said, "Welcome to Delta Force."

Sky opened his eyes slowly, only to see a Pidgeotto with a bluish tone to most of the feathers, and where there normally was red, there was yellow. On his chest was a a yellow lightning bolt, and the air pressure seemed to be a little greater nearby him. "Who are you?" Sky said somewhat harshly, making the Pidgeotto back away a little.

"My name's...uh..." he stumbled, looking somewhat distraught. "My name's Brine. I assume you're...Sky?"

"Yeah, I'm Sky," Sky almost said proudly, "So, what, was everyone in on this?"

"Yep," Brine said, turning around. Without saying anything else, he flew down one of the hallways, and Sky finally got a good look around the room. It looked like a prison; metal walls surrounded him, barely any decorations were hung on the walls, and of course, there were the prison cells lining the hallway he could see. Turning further, he noticed Boris standing right next to him not six inches away, and nearly screamed.

"Don't do that to me!" Sky yelled, shaking his right pincer violently, "Anyway, what was with that guy?" he asked, referring to Brine. "He seems a little...Strange..."

"His dad basically abused him as a kid," Boris said matter-of-factly. "He saw that Brine had a special power - being able to slightly control the weather - and brought him over from Kenya to rake in a lot of money being the best weatherman alive."

"Sounds harsh," Sky mumbled, almost feeling bad about the way he talked to Brine. "Something about it makes me think it's been done in pop culture somewhere."

"I get the same feeling too," Boris said thoughtfully. "Was it a TV show or something? I remember something about the letter X. Nevermind though, let's keep moving."

They walked towards one of the hallways lined with barred cells, and Sky thought he saw a shadow in one, but he knew that he saw the glowing yellow eyes. "Oh!" squeeled a very feminine voice from where they were heading, distracting Sky from the figure in the cell; Sky looked down to see a teal-colored Piplup with a smug look on her face, and a small pink flower on her head, "another new member, that's great! New members make Daisy happy!"

Sky looked at the Piplup awkwardly with un-emotional face. "So..." he started, obviously flustered by the Piplup's sudden enthusiasm, "is your name Daisy?"

"No!" The Piplup yelled, blushing in anger only barely notceably, "My name's Poppy!"

Sky stumbled back at Poppy's sudden anger, which quickly disappeared completely. "I'm sorry," he mumbled not quite apologetically, "I didn't know."

"It's okay," Poppy said happily, taking the flower from her head. "this is Daisy." She petted the flower like a pet, and a strange sound came from it.

"Did that thing just...purr?" Sky asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"Of course it did!" Poppy said as if it was a normal occurance, "It's a flower!"

Sky looked at the flower skeptically. "Okay..." he said sarcastically, but before he could continue, was interrupted by the flower seeming to growl.

"She must not like you," Poppy said prissily; "she doesn't usually grow at people like thatl."

Sky stood awkwardly for a moment, then slowly backed off, and ran into the center of the building. Looking around curiously, not willing to look behind him if Boris was there, he suddenly noticed pictures on the walls. Further examination revealed that these were murals, featuring various Pokemon defeating what seemed to be a group of villains. Sky walked over to admire the murals, but was stopped in his tracks by a strange blue Pokemon with arms seeming to grow from his head. What looked like a tuft of hair was growing from the top of his head as well; he lacked a neck, and had two stubby legs. It was a Wynaut.

"Hi!" he yelled out suddenly, smiling like he was crazy, "How many licks does it take too get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?"

"Wait, wha-" Sky began, surprised by the Pokemon's sudden greeting.

"None!" the Wynaut shouted. "'Cause snakes don't have armpits!" he then started laughing, rolling around on the floor. Sky let out a grunt, and lifted the Pokemon by the blue thing coming out of the top of his head.

"Hey! Let go of that!" He yelled, flailing about wildly, "That's were my brain is held!"

Sky dropped the Wynaut quickly in what seemed to be disgust. The Wynaut had a skull-shaped tattoo on his right arm, and a creepy looking neckless around his almost nonexistant neck. "My name's Wry by the way!" he said happily, "It rhymes with pie, die, spy.." Wry continued to list off various words that rhymed with his name.

"Sky," Sky sighed, shaking Wry's hand, which was upside-down as one keeps their hand when giving a long explanation.  Wry gave Sky a look like he was being ripped off, as he quickly noticed that Sky was another rhyming word, but he seemed to change his mind quite quickly, and happily skipped off to what seemed to be a cafeteria, saying more words that rhymed with his name along the way. Feeling creeped out, Sky backed up, and ran into Boris again - quite literally.

"You seem to enjoy touching me, don't you?" Boris chuckled, patting Sky on the back. "But I think it may be a little soon for that."

"What?" Sky queried, then he suddenly realized the intention. "No! I just ran into you!"

"Of course you did," Boris said, seeming to trail off into his own thoughts.

Sky looked at Boris with his eyes as wide as they could go; Even the yellow dots on his pincers seemed dilated. "Oh great," he mumbled, making sure Boris could not hear, "this place is as close to an asylum as...Who am I kidding? This place is worse. Better than where I was before though..."

Last edited:
    Back