• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Delta Pokemon Galore~

Sunstruck

Insomniac Extraordinaire
Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2023
    Hey there! No fancy CSS here (for now) but welcome to my humble little art gallery. This is where I'll showcase the Delta (retyped) Pokemon I've made for my hack, which will be retyping every Pokemon from the first three generations! (And possibly further when the time comes)

For the most part, though, you'll be seeing Pokemon from the first 151 for now. Once those are done, I'll move onto Gen 2, and finally Gen 3. It's gonna take time, since I'm working on this all alone, and it's more of a personal project for now.

Now, I'm fairly new to spriting, and so I do realize that my sprites aren't all they could be. I'd like any constructive criticism that you guys would be willing to give me, seeing as I'm sure there are more seasoned pixel artists around here!

Of course, if you're just here to look at some sprites, feel free to leave a simple comment! I'm happy just sharing my work too; I spent a pretty great deal of time on some of these. Either way, I hope you enjoy the Delta Dex I've created thus far.

So without further ado:

So far, I've created 11 Pokemon, and a 12th is nearing completion. I'll update this thread regularly whenever I make a new Delta, but until then enjoy what I have so far:

Mizuni -- Water/Fairy type Dratini
    Delta Pokemon Galore~

(Dragonair is almost completed. Dragonite will look radically different from its original form to match its pre-evolutions)

Grenorb -- Fire/Steel type Voltorb
    Delta Pokemon Galore~

(Electrode TBA, same basic concept and typing)

Cleffa and Clefall -- Fire type Cleffa and Clefairy
    Delta Pokemon Galore~

Delta Pokemon Galore~

Cubone and Maroward -- Dark and Dark/Ghost type
    Delta Pokemon Galore~

Delta Pokemon Galore~

Cyclett and Tortrio -- Pure Flying type Diglett and Dugtrio
    Delta Pokemon Galore~

Delta Pokemon Galore~

Haply, Soother, and Gengoro -- Pure Grass type Gastly, Haunter and Gengar
    Delta Pokemon Galore~

Delta Pokemon Galore~

Delta Pokemon Galore~

Each of these Pokemon has a concept behind it; I didn't retype them randomly, but they aren't environmental variants either. Instead, they are more like re-imaginings of Pokemon based on new concepts, which usually have some relation to their previous form. For example, Cleffa and Clefall are based on comets/shooting stars, which relates to them being supposed outer space Pokemon with connections to the moon and comets.

I will be the first to admit that some are a stretch, though. I retyped Gengoro based on the fact that his body shape reminded me somewhat of Totoro -- from My Neighbour Totoro. His design and type are largely based off totoro, while Haply is based on a spore/hedge, and Soother is a transitional form between the two. I didn't just choose Totoro because of the body shape, though; it was because totoro represented the opposite qualities of the original Gengar; playfulness, friendliness, kindness, etc. Basically all the things Gengar is not. I thought it would be interested to reverse the personality of the Pokemon entirely, and I think this is reflected in the design.

If anyone is interested, I can include a description of each Pokemon's conceptual origins -- some might be more obvious than others, though. In my game, some will also come with custom Pokedex entries to suit their new types and concepts, so I can jot those down too.

And so, that's it. If anyone is interested in learning a bit more about my idea for a Pokemon game, the link is in my signature. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy my art!​

Last edited:
    Back