• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Designing Fairy Types

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    When creating a fakemon, or a retype of an existing one, and you're aiming for the Fairy type look, what do you go for? The official pokemon team has done it fairly nicely. I find that every Fairy type looks like an actual Fairy type, but it's just so hard to nail that Fairyness down. Are there more tricks for a Pokemon to be Kirby Fairy typed except just being pink?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Personally I find that fairy types, no matter their color are usually more cutesy style in as far as the art itself goes. This is true of the canon pokedex pokemon too. I haven't seen any fakemon fairy-types though; but my feelings about fakemon in general are mixed.

But I'd say if you want a good start; look at Audino, Dedenne, Pachirisu, Flabebe and Sylveon. All of them are super cute and fit the model for a fairy typing. (Either as an egg group or flat out Fairy combat type). A lot of cases of "Fairy" types in previous gens were of the Fairy Egg Group, as the Combat Type did not exist until recent generations. So you can draw inspiration from previous generations too where Egg Groups were present to classify Fairy-types.

I'd say there's some sort of standard body shape, but I'm not 100% sure what that is; but I'm sure the correlation can be found by observing Fairy typings across generations to see exactly what the pattern is. This I hope might point you in the direction of making a nice looking fakemon that wouldn't look or feel out of place. :3

boboho

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    An interesting discussion and I am pleased to be able to get much information from this thread

Back