• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Destiny Region: What's Your Destiny?

Mew564

Absol Rocks!!
Years
  • Hi! It's Mew564 (Abigail a.k.a Abby). What's up? I've made a fanfic!
    It's about a new region called Destiny Reigion. The main characters are Holly, Victor, Heather, and Vincent. The story is divided into parts. Every chapter with Holly as the main character is called Holly's Role, with Victor is Victor's Heart, Heather is Heather's Start, and Vincent is Vincent's Toll. I will scan pictures of the characters and put them on computer about next week. If you want to see them, PM me your e-mail address and I'll be happy to send them. Anyway, let's get started, already! Are you ready? I bet you are!
    Rating: PG-13 for mild cursing and small violence (possibly)
    First, she looked like most of the girls in this fancy academy. They all wore their hair in pigtails with red ribbons, which contrasted with her bright blue hair. They never were allowed to chose what they would wear to school because there was the school's uniform which consisted of the following: a plain white blouse, a blue sweater with a gold "D" on the left side, a white skirt, blue knee highs with a gold trim and blue shoes with gold laces. So that knocks out appearance.
    Second, they all had one goal: to graduate from the academy and become a trainer. Lately, that was on everyone's mind because they were going to do so on the upcoming week. There was other things on their minds, though.
    Marshall, a graduate of Destiny Academy, had just become the Champion of Destiny Region. He wasn't a normal kid. All he ever wanted to do was be different from the so-called "drones" in the school. He wasn't like everyone else, true, but he always used that to his advantage. Many say that that reason was the main reason why he was Destiny Region's Champion. Now that they were going to become trainers themselves, they wanted to be the Champion. Before they graduated, they had to do one thing, though. The final report of the year, where the students were assigned a topic about a person or place in the world of pokemon. It was a hard and gruesome report, with their teachers' expectations as high as Destiny Region's sky above them.

Holly made her way through the teeming halls and finally found the library through the many people that flooded everywhere she needed to go.

"Hmm. I need The History of Mount Silver for my report," she said as she walked inside. It was jam packed with all sorts of students who were trying to find the information they needed for those gruesome reports they were forced to do.
    "Hey, Holly," whispered and excited voice, Holly turned to her left and found Rodger, geek of the 21st century. What made him such a geek? He had on nerdiest pair of glasses Holly had ever seen, his hair was a disastrous mess. It wasn't only untidy, but horribly greasy and it looked to Holly as if it hadn't ever been washed. That alone would make anyone puke at the sight of it. His hair wasn't the only disastrous thing, it was his uniform. The sweatshirt that was supposed to be blue, was gray, his once blue pants were also severly faded, and his shoes had an inch of dust on them. Unfornately for Holly, this boy liked her. "What's your report on? Mine's about ever Grande City!"

"Mount Silver," Holly told him as she spotted the book she needed on the top shelf. She tried to reach it, but she was too short.

"You need help?" asked Rodger.

"No just watch my books," she told him as she put the stack she had been holding on the floor.

"Okay. I'll be on the bottom shelf if you need me."

Nearly knocking the whole shelf down, Holly managed to get what she was looking for. She then turned to Rodger, who was looking up her skirt.

"YOU IDIOT!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. She then punched him, smashing his glasses. After doing so, she turned to the thirty pairs of eyeballs that were staring at her.

Trying to avoid becoming totally embarrassed, Holly darted out of the library as fast as she cold, carrying the overwhelming stack of books and her bag.
    SMASH!

She just realized she had crashed into someone. She looked up at whom and turned bright red. It was her crush, Victor. To the people at Destiny Academy, he looked absolutely normal, but to Holly, he looked wonderful. She loved his steel blue eyes, his light brown hair, and his charming smile. Just the thought of him made her blush. To her, this moment of sheer embarrassment was a miracle. She wasn't boy crazy as most of her friends were, she just adored Victor.

"You okay?"he asked.

"Yeah," said Holly as she attempted to gather up everything that went flying.

"Let me get that," Victor said as he helped her. "You don't want to make a skeptical of yourself, right?"

"Right," Holly nervously stuttered as he pulled her up and handed her everything.

"You know how school can be. Thank goodness we're graduating next week. Anyway, here's my number. Give me a call."

"Oh thanks," Holly stammered as pulled a pen out of his pocket and wrote the phone number on her palm.

"THERE YOU ARE! You're nice to Holly, but you always tease me. I don't get you," said an obviously angry, peppy voice. It came from a girl a bit shorter than Holly with pink hair that was in the normal pigtails. This was Holly's boy crazy and hyper friend, Heather, who was running down the hall towards Victor.

"Well you're as obnoxious and hyper as ****!" yelled Victor, who was just as mad as Heather. "You never calm down."

"But you're nice to Holly," she stated, pouting.

"Because she doesn't piss me off like you do," he screamed, fuming as he walked out of the academy, slamming the doors behind him.

"You have a crush on Victor, don't you?" asked Heather.

"Yeah," Holly told her, blushing.

"I don't know why you do," Heather said as they walked outside. "He has such a bad temper and horrible disposition. Why can't you like someone like Vincent? He's cute, totally nice, and as sweet as anyone can be. His two cousins are Brendan and Marshall. They're cute, too. Especially Champion Marshall."

"Do you do research on these people?" asked Holly.

"What did you say about my cousins, Heather? That you think they're 'cute,' right?" asked Vincent, a cheery and always friendly boy with blue eyes and white hair.

"Uh," replied a very embarrassed Heather. "Anyway, your cousins are really cool trainers.

"Yeah. there's just one problem," he told them.

"What?" asked Holly with a curious look on her face.

"My demanding parents are going to want me to be just as powerful as my cousins are once I become a trainer."

"Darn. That must put a lot of pressure on you," Holly told him.

"Yeah, but how can a carefree guy like me care? I'll just go with the flow."

Okay. I'll put Ch. 1 ASAP

Later,
    Mew564

My lesson of the day:
    Do things roght the first time so you won't make a fool out of yourself.

Last edited:
    Years
  • First of all, paragraphing is mushed up and it looks like a script form the first time I look at it.
    Second, there isn't much description. You know that the best way to describe your characters is not through an introduction before the prologue but just let the descriptions ingrain with the story.
    You lack in surrounding descriptions. It's best to catch the reader's attention by having colorful descriptions of places, etc.
    The moment you placed swearing, your fanfic is automatically in PG-13.

If you want to know more about writing properly, why don't you go to that stickied thread in this forum that said in caps: READ FIRST?

http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14020
    There's the link in case.

Mew564

Absol Rocks!!
    Years
  • Done: Ch.1 and first drawing.

Okay let's see. I have Ch. 1 done. Hopefully, it isn't as bad as the prologue was. I 'm starting Ch.2 and I will post it ASAP. I'm running a tight schedule and school starts 3 days from now, so posts may come slow. I've scanned one pic and am going to scan others as soon as I finish drawing them. Anyway, in order to not make anymore of a fool out of myself as I already have, I'll begin Ch.1.

Chapter 1: Picking Starters! Holly vs. Blazer!

Victor, Vincent, Heather, and Holly stood outside of Professor Annie Applepalm Evergreen's lab as they waited for her to open the bright orange door in front of them. It had been two days since they had graduated, and they were ready to pick their starters.

Victor impatiently glanced at his watch for the fourth time. He was wearing a black turtleneck, a gray sweater, blue gloves, tan pants, and gray boots. The expression on his face told everyone not to say anything to him that would tick him off. Basically, he wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible.

Heather was standing next to Holly as she told her the latest gossip. She wore an ornage headband in her pink hair, a blue shirt, an orange sweater, matching orange pants, and pink shoes. She looked over to Victor who was giving her his usual angry stare, but she didn't let that bother her as she continued talking.

Holly couldn't care less about what Heather had to say, because she was too busy staring at Victor. She wore a blue shirt, a red vest, blue pants, and black sneakers. She was lost in her own little world and didn't really care about anything Heather had to say to her.

Vincent, casually sitting in one of the chairs by a Hibiscus plant and not having a care in the world, sported a blue t-shirt, a red sweater, yellow pants, and red boots. He leaned back and gazed at the cloudless sky above him. It was a pretty day and the weather was perfect, just the way he liked it.

Finally, the orange door opened and the professor came out. "Hi," she greeted them. She was looking as colorful as ever wearing her purple hair in pigtails, a tye-dye tank top, a lab coat, a purple miniskirt, and orange flip-flops. "Here to get your starters?"

"Yeah," Victor impatiently said. "May we come in?"

"Not yet," she replied. "Sit down. I have to explain something. There's a restriction."

"What restriction?" asked Heather.

"You all are not allowed to see one another until you reach Marshall," she explained.

"Huh? Can we at least talk on the phone?" inquired Holly.

"No contact whatsoever is allowed in Destiny Region."

"Why not?" Vincent curiously requested.

"You must find your destinies."

"What?" asked Victor. "Destinies?"

"If you do not, you will never suceed. It is told that in order to become the Champion, you must find your destiny," Professor Evergreen told them.

"So my cousin had a destiny?" Vincent inquired.

"Yep. It was to be the best trainer ever by being a rebel and standing out among all trainers."

"So we have to find our destinies in order to be as successful as Marshall?" Heather asked.

"You got it."

"Okay, okay. Enough with the destiny stuff, let's pick our starters and leave," Victor told the professor as he again glanced at his watch.

"There's a change in that, also. You have to pick all three starters from either Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn," she explained. "One of you will have to pick one from each region. You will come in through this door one at a time and exit through the back door. There will be four paths. You must choose one. Once you do, it will be sealed up and you will not be able to turn back. Some of the paths are longer than others, but you will battle the gym leaders all in the same order. Along those paths, you will find your destinies. Now let's pick your starters."

Victor was the first to walk in. In front of him were six metal tables. The inside of the lab looked as untidy as ever. There were desks and tables loaded with magazines, papers, documents, books, and tablets. Every inch of space availible had something collecting dust in it.

"Pick a region," Professor Evergreen told him.

"Hmm," Victor said as he contemplated. "Kanto."

"You sure about that?"

"Yeah," he firmly told her.

"Okay," the professor said as she handed him the pokeballs from one table. "Now choose your path."

Victor walked out of the back door and found a small, gated area with a soft ground, a small fountain pouring out water, and many trees that surrounded the area. In front of him were four paths. The one to the farhest left was red, the next was yellow, then pink, and finally, blue.

"What path should I chose?" he said as he thought carefully. Hmm. I guess red," he said as he stepped in and an iron gate slammed behind him.

The next one to chose a starter was Vincent. He stepped in as the door was closed behind him.

"Pick a region," Professor Evergreen told him.

"I'll pick Hoenn," he determinedly stated.

"You're sure, right?"

"Yep," he answered as the professor handed him the pokeballs from the table that was the farthest away. "Go forth and pick a path, Vincent."

"Once he got to the yard, he was struck with awe. "Which path? I"ll take yellow," he said as he stepped in and the gate slammed behind him.

The third to have the orange door closed behind them was Heather. She excitedly walked into the lab.

"Pick a region, sweetie,"the professor commanded.

"I like Johto," she told her.

"Are you sure?" Professor Evergreen asked.

"Yup."

Once receiving the pokeballs, Heather walked out of the back door. "Hmm. Pink or blue? Pink or blue?" she pondered. "Pink."

Finally, Holly walked into the lab. "I wish this wasn't so hard, Mom. I won't see Victor till I get to Marshall," she said.

"Well, it's your quest. Now pick one starter from each region," her mom stated.

"Hmm. Bulbasaur from Kanto, Totodile from Johto, and Torchic from Hoenn."

"You sure?" aske Professor Evergreen as she handed her the pokeballs.

"Yeah," Holly told her.

"Her mom hugged her. "You go find your destiny and do well."

"I will mom. don't worry," Holly reassured her as she walked out of the back door.

One outside, she looked down the last path, and triumphantly walked down it, determined to find her destiny.

A few days later after leaving New Hue Town, Holly made her way to Wender City. It was a large city with many schools, towering buildings and a lot of people. It wasn't a very popular city in Destiny Region, but it had its fair share of fans. After going to the Pokecenter, Holly walked over to the gym.A large pit of fire in front of the gym was the city's most popular attraction.

Her pokemon were on the improve. Her strongest were her starters that had evolved and were about level twenties. The next member of her team, an Oddish, was at level 13.

" 'Blazer, the young fire master'," she spoke as she read the sign outside of the gym. "So I'm dealing with the fire type. My Croconaw will breeze through this."

Holly walked into the gym. It was not lit by lights, but by many torches. They lined the gray walls made of stone. There was a pit of fire similar to the one outside, except about three times the size. Standing in fron of it was a boy about her age. He wore a red bandana, a yellow t-shirt, orange shorts, yellow socks, and red sneakers. This was the gym leader, Blazer.

"You are?" he asked.

"I'm Holly Evergreen, a graduate of Destiny Academy in New Hue Town!" she excitedly replied.

"Okay then, let's get this started! This should be one agressive battle. Go! Numel!" he commanded as he threw out a pokeball.

"Go! Crocks!" Holly yelled as she did the same. "Use Water Gun!" A tremendous blast of water was aimed at the Numel, but it was dodged.

"Ha! Numel isn't as dull-witted as it seems! Magnitude, Numel!" It produced an overwhelming earthquake that cause the Croconaw to fall over.

"Get up, Crocks! We're not going to let that dopey thing win! Water Gun!"
    This time, it didn't miss. Not only was it effective, but it was also a critical hit, causing the Numel to faint.

"Great job! Woohoo!" Holly chanted.

"Hey, we're not done here. Go! Vulpix! Overheat!" the fire trainer commanded. The attack may not have been effective, but it did a great deal of damage to the Croconaw.

"Crocks! Return," shouted Holly. "Go Smokes! Use Quick Attack!" Quick Attack didn't do much damage, but it seemed to be working a bit as her Combusken darted quickly past the small Vulpix.

"Ember!" Blazer commanded, but the attack missed.

"You're doing great, Smokes! Just keep using Quick Attack!" Holly commanded. every attack used against the Combusken was no use because of its amazing speed. Finally, the Vulpix was fainted and the very fatigued Combusken got a break.

"Woohoo! Great job, Smokes! You rock!" Holly cheered as she gave it a high five.

"Well, it looks like you won. Here's Flame Badge. Now your pokemon are allowed to use Cut outside of Battle and here's a TM. It's Overheat," Blazer told her as he handed her a flame-shaped badge.

"Thanks a lot!" Holy told him as she was beginning to leave.

"Wait!" Blazer yelled after her. "Let me warn you that it gets a lot harder from here. A lot harder."

"Don't worry! I can take on anyone!" Holly assured him as she left.

"Hmm," said a male voice that was coming from someone hiding behind the gym as he watched Holly exit Wender City. "She claims she can take on anyone. Ha! She'll see how wrong she is. She'll see."

Last edited:
    Back