• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Devil May Cry 3

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Has anyone played the third installment in the Devil May Cry series? XD

If you have read the reviews, it truly is a really good game, but VERY challenging at times. Its only hard if you don't have focus on what your doing and just button mash (which may work sometimes) XD

Anyway, has anyone played/playing it?

Sailor_Moon

On behalf of the Moon >_<
    Years
    yeh iv played the 3rd devil may cry... it is really gd and where you get far enough the bosses can get extremely hard... its useless fighting them if u havent upgraded ur sword.. but the guns are cool -_-*

Last edited:

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
    I'm one of the biggest DMC freaks you'll see. o.O (man, gotta show ya the huge reviews and guides I make) Anyways, I'll try to make this short before I never stop typing.

This game is a huge, huge improvement from the horrible DMC2 installment. (thank god the idiot who wrote the story is no longer around) Dante had no character, Lucia was just another Dante with a few differences (same stupid storyline), you felt like you were airbourne through most the game, it had no connection what so ever with the DMC storyline from part one, the list goes on and on in a never ending run-on sentences. x_X

Anyways, this game can actually stand up to the amazing original DMC. This prequel tides in perfectly with the storyline of DMC and answer's nearly all (if not all) your Q's about the storyline. Has a great battle system with 6 styles available to you. (the default being 4) *skips about 50 other things o.O*

LT said:
    If you have read the reviews, it truly is a really good game, but VERY challenging at times. Its only hard if you don't have focus on what your doing and just button mash (which may work sometimes) XD

Anyway, has anyone played/playing it?

Those who said DMD Mode on DMC was hell, haven't experienced it until you played this game. (along with HoH Mode) Now, someone apart of Capcoms team made a huge mistake. America's ''Normal'' Mode is actually Japan's ''Hard'' difficulty making this game rather difficult to the average player. I admit I had problems with nearly every boss, but with the patience and focus, (as you said) you'll find the game is not as hard as peeps make it seem. (as time progresses, you'll s00n find out weaknesses of each opponent) I'm actually impressed of the challenge, it just makes me more determined to complete the game.

Sailor_Moon said:
    yeh iv played the 3rd devil may cry... it is really gd and where you get far enough the bosses can get extremely hard... its useless fighting them if u havent upgraded ur sword.. but the guns are cool -_-*

Well, there's no way to upgrade your swords like in DMC2, with the levels and all. I wouldn't actually say it's useless to try a battle without purchasing moves. (Air Hike is actually all you'll need) Actually, there is no Sword moves that you can ''purchase'' that will soften up a battle much. (the simple slashs would do in 1st few levels)

Now, the thing that will make fights a whole lot easier (if your a sword user) is SwordMaster. You'll develop amazing combos for your Devil Arms as it levels and you wont be disappointed in the results. (once it's level 3... make all who cross your path pay with their lives..)

I personally find SwordMaster, GunSlinger, and Doppel Ganger as the most helpful styles. (DG must be obtained, it's not a default style) It all depends on how you perfer to fight in the end though.

I made it as short as possible. x_X If you have any Q's, just ask.

~Blade~

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    I own this game, and I must say, this game is awesome. Some people might dislike how difficult it is, but I personally love it, it makes the game a lot more fun. Dante is just as cool as ever in this game, and the game throws you right into the action at the very beginning. This is without a doubt one of my favorite PS2 games, and I would be playing it right now if I wasn't letting my friend borrow it.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
    Flaming Torchic said:
    I own this game, and I must say, this game is awesome. Some people might dislike how difficult it is, but I personally love it, it makes the game a lot more fun. Dante is just as cool as ever in this game, and the game throws you right into the action at the very beginning. This is without a doubt one of my favorite PS2 games, and I would be playing it right now if I wasn't letting my friend borrow it.

Yes, it also has some amazing cinematics that ties the stories together. Was nicely done and entertaining to watch. One thing I forgot to mention is that the game rewards you well for all the hard work you put into it. Indeed the game starts off really g00d, but you wont even get a taste of the real action until you start leveling your styles and purchasing more powerful moves and such. So the effort you put in comes back in a positive action.

~Blade~

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Also when you look at the difficulty of it, you have to look at it as the developers point of view:

"A game that I put so much effort into it, I don't want players to beat it in a few short days". So the people who made this game wants everyone who plays it to get the best out of it, and in the end try and balance the skill level for everyone.

But I love the difficulty, usually when you play games nowadays enemies and boss battles can be easy after the second try, but with DMC 3 every boss has its own unique stratagy to work with, and weak spot that sometimes may not be easy to spot. Which is why I loved Ninja Gaiden so much, at first it was hard as hell, but when you learn more about the controls and the enemy patterns, the rest of the game should be very managable.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Finished the game on Normal mode some time ago, but (unlike the first game) I don't have the urge to replay it on the harder difficulty settings.

Much better than the second game, but I still maintain that DMC was best left as a one-off.

Back