• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Devious Plans...

Years
My little misadventures in the world of computers last week resulted in me buying a new computer on impluse.

It's a 2008 Compaq with the worst OS I have ever used! Windows Vista.

Sure, they say it's good, but I couldn't get online with any of the ISPs I use!! It managed to get itself installed, up and running, but when it went to search for the access numbers, Windows said something was wrong and it would get back to me with the problem, which it never did.

I know what the problem is... Vista sucks!!! I hate it so much now. Even my parents hate it!!

But, I got a buddy of mine who lives down the street who's got some skillz. After I got my old computer back, I gave the new one to him and told him, "Get rid of Vista and slap in XP!!!" So, I will be happy to have that system in place. XP is love.

So, now I got two computers. But I already have plans for my new one that doesn't have Vista in it anymore.

I want to slap in a card that has jacks that will allow a TV to be the monitor for the computer. This will help me out greatly when NaNoWriMo comes around. I don't have to go upstairs to use the computer. I can just fire up mine in my room, type whenever I get the urge and not disturb my parents.

So, I'm taking a bad situation and turning it into something good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
o_O I'll be surprised if XP works with the ISP on that computer and Vista doesn't. Really, Vista's been out long enough that major bugs have been worked out. It doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't be able to connect to the internet with Vista but it'd work for XP.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Hmmm, wow. Vista isn't that good. It seems maybe it can't recognize a few ISP's numbers...man I bet you were up all night trying to figure it out why it wasn't working. Oh well, Vista is out and XP is back in for you. So now you have two computers, yay! =D

Back