• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dialga or palkia

Kinshi

Cowboy Beboper
    Years
    Dialga hands down.

It looks much better than Palkia.

Although Palkia only has one weakness and Dialga has two, Dialga takes .5x from most of the other types. As where Palkia mostly takes 1x damage from most of the other types.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I like Palkia, cause of it's cool appearance. Dalgia's looks are way too evil. Also of the special attacks Palkia summons is way too cool. Hehehe.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I prefer Palkia over Dialga, because I think its stronger, and looks cooler. Another thing that it can learn better moves than dialga... I think. lol :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2009
    when i first saw them i thought dialga was cooler. but the type combination of water/dragon and its cry in the game and anime rock!! dialga just sounds like a horse dying in the road and it couldnt hold my attention.

Years
    Lol to the above post but I'd agree. Palkia owns. A horse dying on the side of the road isn't what it sounded like to me but meh, it still annoys me when my friend uses it. I chose Pearl for Palkia. At first Dialga was awesome, the Silver on the blue but Palkia actually looks like a Dragon. Dialga looks a mutated dog more than a dragon. Palkia also might not be resistance to too many things but is only weak to Dragon type moves. Dialga gets owned by the very popular EQ.

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    I don't like either of them... they're both kinda ugly.

But Palkia only has one weakness, so I'll go with that.

Last edited:

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
    Dialga FTW

And lucario can you possibly stop the flashing light in your signature & avatar...
    They may be some people in this community that are Eperletic and if they see your signature it could cause some serious damage

Thanks

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    I've been back and forth with which one I like more... At first, it was Dialga, then I started liking Palkia... And now... I think I like Dialga again. >_>

So... Imma say Dialga looks cooler.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I am going to say Dialga, because I like it and I like it's typing - the combination of Steel and Dragon may leave it with two weaknesses, but it grants Dialga with 1 immunity, 10 resistances and a super resistance. That leaves just 3 other types that can deal neutral damage to it.

Palkia on the other hand only has one weakness, but also just 1 resistance and 2 super resistances.

That, and I think Dialga looks better :3

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I prefer Girantina over both, but if the standard Palkia fought the standard Dialga, Palkia wins 9 out of 10 times. This is not an Opinion, but a FACT. I don't really like either, though. Girantina FTW!

And only n00bs use Roar of Time.

Hyperbeam, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Giga Impact, Rock Wrecker, and Roar of Time are all n00b moves, just like Double Team/Minimize. The Recharge Turn just makes you set-up fodder.

.:The_Lost_Realm:.

~ Will be away, Be back soon
    Years
    I agree on the Roar of Time < Special Rend.

Palkia > Dialga when:
    - Kyogre's around on uber battles.
    - Has Only 1 Weakness (Dragon)
    - More useful signature move

Dialga > Palia when:
    - Groudon boosts its Overheat.
    - Palkia looks... weird. o.O
    - Type Coverage.

But Giratina's better.
    Giratina > Dialga/Palkia
    - Physical Walling ability

Moonlit Umbreon

Elusive Within The Shadows
    Years
    PALKIA FTW. Definately. At first when I looked at Palkia, I was like "wth is that?!" But then I looked at Dialga and went "Oh."

Look-a-like wise: Dialga looks half eaten, a lot less of a dragon than Palkia, due to it's four legs, and canine/alien look. Palkia has a noticable wing-span on it's back, stands on it's hind legs, has more flesh, and is just more believable as a dragon type I think.

Stastic wise: Palkia's standard KO-hit ratio is higher than Dialga's, and it's only weakness is against dragon types. Palkia is a better all-rounder.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Dialga > Palia when:
    - Groudon boosts its Overheat.
    - Palkia looks... weird. o.O
    - Type Coverage.

The thing is that Groudon is BARELY Used compared to Kyogre in the Uber Metagame.

And while Palkia has to watch out for Rayquaza'a Outrage, Dialga has to watch for Earthquake, Earth Power, Aura Sphere, Fighting/Grounf-type Judgement, ect., as Rayquaza is one of the only Commonly used Ubers that carries a Dragon Attack All the time. While I love/hate them both equally, I know Palkia is generally a better Pokemon.

But Giratina's better.
    Giratina > Dialga/Palkia
    - Physical Walling ability

Exactly XD

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Palkia is by FAR the better version. I find it much more.. nicer, if you know what i mean.

Back