• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia

Dialga or Palkia

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    • Steel > Water
    • Both Pokémon are beautiful, strong creatures that have their own story to tell however physically speaking Dialga is the better looking then its counterpart, Palkia.
    • Roar Of Time just sounds so bad-ass.

They are possibly the only sources I base my preference over. But in my opinion I believe they are both equal in strength.

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    Palkia, for 4 reasons:
    Only one weakness (Dragon).
    Water is a better attacking type than Steel.
    Spacial Rend > Roar of Time.
    And Palkia's faster - even Rayquaza can outspeed Dialga, while Palkia outspeeds both.

Oh, and Dialga looks nothing like a dragon. Its cry is retarded, too.

Actually, Palkias also very weak to ice type, as is Dialga.I also agree that water is way better than steel XD.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Dialga is my favourite because it has the move "Roar Of Time" which i think is a great move. Plus I prefer Dragon type over Water.

EndGame

Knower of things
    Years
    definetly dialga, palkia aint got nothing on the master of time. sure palkia can create and undo matter, but dialga can just freeze him in time and kick him in the junk a few times and palkia wont be the wiser. besides, Dragon/Steel is an awesome combo in any sense

Ársa

k.
    Years
    They both fullfill seperate roles. Palkia is an absolute beast in the rain, so couple it with Kyogre and watch out. Palkia is more physically oriented, whereas Dialga is more defensive. (Due also to the fact it has a great typing in Dragon/Steel) Dialga is great as a Status user and Anti-Lead in ubers, so whatever floats your boat. From personal experience, I've used Palkia more than Dialga, so I suppose I must say that for me personally, Palkia is the preferred choice.

~T_S

Actually, Palkias also very weak to ice type, as is Dialga.I also agree that water is way better than steel XD.

No, both are neutral to Ice. Palkia has Water as a secondary typing and Dialga has Steel, both of which Ice attacks are NVE.

Dialga is my favourite because it has the move "Roar Of Time" which i think is a great move. Plus I prefer Dragon type over Water.

Both are Dragon Types. :P (Palkia -> Dragon/Water, Dialga -> Dragon/Steel)

Last edited:

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    Dialga. Because... Just Because...

I can and its free ! =D

Naah jks xD

Dialga has looks that beat my siggy/avatar =D

Uhmm... Maybe not xD

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Dialga.

Palkia's sweeping capabilities, though monstrous, are pretty much outclassed by Kingdra as a whole as Kingdra gets to exploit Swift Swim. What it has over Kingdra is Focus Punch which might snare a Blissey on the switch, and a stronger Aqua Tail versus Kingdra's Waterfall. But ultimately I feel that in a speed-based metagame such as Ubers, Kingdra's higher speed gives it the edge here.

Dialga has a great movepool combined with better typing than Palkia (in my opinion). The MixDialga set is by far the most common and deadly as it posesses the ability to open up holes in the opponents team by abusing Draco Meteor and Brick Break.

Dialga also gets an immunity to Toxic, which gives it an edge over Palkia as it garners more free switchins wherein Palkia would be crippled. Its typing, Steel/Dragon, means that it can switch into many pokemon in Ubers and with its immense list of resistances, shrug them off.

Palkia may have the speed advantage, 100 versus 90, but keep in mind that Dialga is primarily played as a bulky tank, not an all out sweeper like Palkia is.

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    Wow, I didnt think this thread would be this big.CCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL lol.

Still think Palkia rules though XD!

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    I prefer Dialga.
    I like Dialga's moveset more than Palkia's.
    Also, it looks better, and it's not that gay pink color.
    I DO like Palkia a lot too, but I just think Dialga's better.

(That's why I got Diamond. I thought Dialga looked cooler. XD)

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    Dialga. Purple-pink dragons don't attract me. (-_-)

Actually I like the black version of Dialga in Mysterious Dungeon 2 more. LOL

Back