• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    it is one of the 4 legendary dogs. i have researched on about lots of legendary pokemon. ansol IS one of them. but one different thing:you can get as much as you want, and you can only get them in R/S/E. i wish i could prove that as=bsol IS a legendary dog, but, i just know it.

err, i try to edit my post but it dont work. why is this thread turning from palkia or diaga to the 4 legendary dogs?

Lol, Absol is not a legendary, for one legendaries have very high Base Stats, lol this is Absol's in comparison to Suicune:

Absol:
    Hp: 65
    Attack: 130
    Defense: 60
    Sp. Attack: 75
    Sp. Def: 60
    Speed: 75

Total = 465

Suicune:
    Hp: 100
    Attack: 75
    Defense: 115
    Sp. Attack: 90
    Sp. Def: 115
    Speed: 85

Total = 580

HUGE difference, and also, a LEGENDARY in pokemon, means there is ONLY ONE, they are RARE, not common and they are usually strong, Absol, is one the weak pokemons, and should never be used, IMO. And another thing, you cannot breed legendary's but you can breed Absol...So he's not a legendary...

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    it is one of the 4 legendary dogs. i have researched on about lots of legendary pokemon. ansol IS one of them. but one different thing:you can get as much as you want, and you can only get them in R/S/E. i wish i could prove that as=bsol IS a legendary dog, but, i just know it.

err, i try to edit my post but it dont work. why is this thread turning from palkia or diaga to the 4 legendary dogs?

damn you above guy. anyways, hes right. Absols stats are much weaker than legendary dogs. i mean really, if absol was legendary there would not be a bunch of them everywhere. and its not turning into a discussion about the THREE legendary dogs, i was only pointing out that you were being an idiot. we werent talking about any dogs at all. someone mentioned, as there reason for picking dialga over palkia, that it was just like when he chose so and so over the other legendarys. i quoted him, and stated that i liked raikou better, then all of a sudden you DOUBLE POST, quoting me on the second one, JUST to say that you though entei was the best, and then absol, and then blah and you started talking about how absol was a legendary dog. Absol ISNT EVEN A DOG!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    damn you above guy. anyways, hes right. Absols stats are much weaker than legendary dogs. i mean really, if absol was legendary there would not be a bunch of them everywhere. and its not turning into a discussion about the THREE legendary dogs, i was only pointing out that you were being an idiot. we werent talking about any dogs at all. someone mentioned, as there reason for picking dialga over palkia, that it was just like when he chose so and so over the other legendarys. i quoted him, and stated that i liked raikou better, then all of a sudden you DOUBLE POST, quoting me on the second one, JUST to say that you though entei was the best, and then absol, and then blah and you started talking about how absol was a legendary dog. Absol ISNT EVEN A DOG!

gee, you're stupid. absol is a dog. YOU CAN TELL!!!! why i am even replying to you, i don't know why. look, Absol IS a legendary dog. dark, fire, electric,water, like eevee. only without phsycic. think, absol is stronger than deoxys. and here's a demonstration:

how much absol gains a lvl

HP:3
    AT:5
    DEF:4
    SP.AT:5
    SP.DEF:2
    SPEED: 4

total:23 points a lvl

how much deoxys gains a lvl

HP:2
    DEF:3
    SP.AT:4
    SP.DEF:1
    SPEED:3

total:15 points a lvl

that proves that absol is 8 points better than deoxys. but he is worse than the legendary dogs, i know. anyway, back to palkia and dialga!

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    OMFG..... *Dies from Ltr_17's Stupidity*

Deoxys has a Base Stat Total of 600!
    Absol has a Base Stat Total of 465

Absol would be pwned by Deoxys.

Lol, Someone help me explain to the noob that he's incorrect.

Tell me why Absol wan't included in the legendary trio from GSC?, Because If you didn't know, Raikou, Suicune and Entei came from the GSC era, but I guess you wouldn't know otherwise you wouldn't be stating crap.

Lol recount deoxys stat gains on your post, it's 18 not 15

Last edited:

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The pink one is worse than the blue one. No idea the difference. That's just how I tell them apart.

Wow, way to be willingly ignorant and racist against Pokemon. <.<;;

Dialga (blue one) = 680 base stats. Palkia (pink one) = 680 base stats. In terms of stats, they're on par with each other. Now let's make the comparison:

HP
    Dialga: 100
    Palkia: 90
    Dialga > Palkia.

Attack
    Dialga: 120
    Palkia: 120
    Dialga = Palkia.

Defense
    Palkia: 100
    Dialga > Palkia.

Special Attack
    Dialga: 150
    Palkia: 150
    Dialga = Palkia.

Special Defense
    Dialga < Palkia.

Speed
    Dialga: 90
    Dialga < Palkia.

So as you see here, Dialga has more HP and Defense, while Palkia has more Special Defense and Speed. So here it all boils down to your own choices. Dialga can take one more hit than Palkia, but Palkia has a better chance of launching an attack first.

Now, movesets. Let's compare these two on their signature moves. Dialga's got Roar of Time, for 150 base damage, and disables its opponent from attacking the next turn. Palkia's Spacial Rend, however, only has 100 base power, but with a high critical ratio, it probably can go on par with Roar of Time.

Of course, this is all just hypothetic, any any factor from nature, to EVs, to hold items, to even the simplest element of tactics can sway the battle. The entire point is that the two are pretty much balanced in their abilities when compared.

So... yeah. What was my point again? *Scrolls up* Oh yeah. Don't hate Palkia just because he's pink, you racist. :P

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    I think Dialga looks cooler and his control over time is much more appealing than control over space. Palkia's typing is really cool and I like its stat distribution. I like Dialga better but Palkia is cool too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Lol, Someone help me explain to the noob that he's incorrect.

Okay, I'll post off-topic to help you...but just this once ;)

ltr_17 said:
    gee, you're stupid. absol is a dog. YOU CAN TELL!!!! why i am even replying to you, i don't know why. look, Absol IS a legendary dog. dark, fire, electric,water, like eevee. only without phsycic. think, absol is stronger than deoxys. and here's a demonstration:

how much absol gains a lvl

HP:3
    DEF:4
    SP.AT:5
    SP.DEF:2
    SPEED: 4

total:23 points a lvl

how much deoxys gains a lvl

HP:2
    DEF:3
    SP.AT:4
    SP.DEF:1
    SPEED:3

total:15 points a lvl

that proves that absol is 8 points better than deoxys. but he is worse than the legendary dogs, i know.

O.O

First off, which Deoxys are we talking here? You've got FOUR different versions to deal with...

Second, you can NOT, I repeat, NOT judge a Pokemon by how much its stats grew in a level, especially with EVs around to mess up those numbers. Give me the right setup and I can have a Deoxys' stats shoot up by around 10 a piece in one level.

Third, you're judging status of a Legendary by what kind of animal it is...okay, so that must mean that Pidgey is a Legendary Bird. I mean, it's a bird, right? So by your logic, it MUST be a Legendary [/sarcasm]

Fourth, what are you thinking?? ABSOL IS NOT A LEGENDARY DOG! Honestly...look, besides the pitiful base stats, Absol can be CAUGHT IN THE WILD IN A SET LOCATION MORE THAN ONCE. THEREFORE THERE IS NO WAY WHATSOEVER THAT IT CAN BE A LEGENDARY, MUCH LESS A LEGENDARY DOG. Get your facts straight.

zach805 said:
    I'm not exactly sure why you guys are talking about the legendary dogs here, but please stay on topic so I don't have to get a mod in here.

Mini-modding...? Meh. It came out from the main conversation. Just look higher up the page.

Last edited:

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Dialga or Palkia

This topic is about Dialga and Palkia, not Absol and Deoxys, please stay on topic. Now.

Lihinel

so what?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2008
    Personaly i would prefer Dialga too, but since everyone and his dog seem to agree with it, i might say Palkia.
    Just for looks, not realy stat wise.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    Defenatly Dialga because it looks alot better that Palkia and i only care about looks.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Defenatly Dialga because it looks alot better that Palkia and i only care about looks.

Shows how shallow you are. J/K :laugh: That seems to be a popular answer and I just don't see how some people think that. But each to his own.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    *points the racists up to my long post about comparing Dialga and Palkia in battle*

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
    Wow, way to be willingly ignorant and racist against Pokemon. <.<;;

Dialga (blue one) = 680 base stats. Palkia (pink one) = 680 base stats. In terms of stats, they're on par with each other. Now let's make the comparison:

HP
    Palkia: 90
    Dialga > Palkia.

Attack
    Dialga = Palkia.

Defense
    Dialga > Palkia.

Special Attack
    Dialga: 150
    Palkia: 150
    Dialga = Palkia.

Special Defense
    Dialga < Palkia.

Speed
    Dialga: 90
    Dialga < Palkia.

So as you see here, Dialga has more HP and Defense, while Palkia has more Special Defense and Speed. So here it all boils down to your own choices. Dialga can take one more hit than Palkia, but Palkia has a better chance of launching an attack first.

Now, movesets. Let's compare these two on their signature moves. Dialga's got Roar of Time, for 150 base damage, and disables its opponent from attacking the next turn. Palkia's Spacial Rend, however, only has 100 base power, but with a high critical ratio, it probably can go on par with Roar of Time.

Of course, this is all just hypothetic, any any factor from nature, to EVs, to hold items, to even the simplest element of tactics can sway the battle. The entire point is that the two are pretty much balanced in their abilities when compared.

So... yeah. What was my point again? *Scrolls up* Oh yeah. Don't hate Palkia just because he's pink, you racist. :P

I would kind of like to say that my point is kind of proven. I didn't really mean that Palkia would own Dialga , I meant to say that it can match up with Dialga and that their movesets are both strong against eachother and weak against eachother. So if you were to choose between them it wouldn't matter. Now if Giradina were a version exclusive.... Then it's most likely that people will choose giradina. Oh and nice on pointing out the pokemon racism lol:laugh::P

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    Um , didn't you read Ichida's post and my quote/post as well? They (Dialga and Palkia) Are both equal statwise , just in different stats , and have movesets that can cancel eachother out. So neither of them is better than the other.

precisely why im getting both. i still dont understand how noobs are as dumb as they are. theres a post right above them, explaining to them that they are wrong yet they post such nonsense.
    in all seriousness, i like em both. i used to prefer dialga, but now im starting to like palkia as well

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    you know what, Dialga is zucky

Palkia is

10 to the power of 100 into the power of 10 to the power of 100 % times better than dialga
    (i did that because the number googleplex would take me five (full)posts and i do not want Quin. post:D )
    NO IT'S NOT BECAUSE I LIKE PINK!!(im a male...:cheeky: )

I always wanted to be an astronaut and palkia is enspiring, and now that you mention it, the type advantages and disadvantages.

Back