• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia

Dialga or Palkia?

• Dialga

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • Palkia

Votes: 79 44.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    Most Ppl here say Dialga just because hes better-looking, But those ppl aren´t thinking technically, this is not about better looks, its about who is better in battle, Palkia wins of course, Due to its BETTER speed, BETTER special move, LESS Weakness, and Dialga´s Roar of time needs to recharge, Bie poor Dialga, besides a focus blast would KO Dialga, so obviously Palkia is better, In many forums ive been Most ppl Choose Palkia, and theyre right , this is the only forums, that is allucinating with lies, but hey, a voting is a voting right ;):cool:

that has to be the response yet and i agree

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Ok this is a fun arguement who is the "better" well to ask which you like more to me is the same as asking who would win the fight soooooo:

First of all we have Dialga's Elements.
    Steel/Dragon = 3 Super Effective types against it.

Now Palkia's Elements.
    Water Dragon = 1 Super Effective type against it.

All fair and good Palkia wins the Effectiveness.....or does he? Now we gauge who is super effective against each other.

Palkia Vs Dialga = 1 Super Effective each, Dragon.

So that comes up a draw.

Next is "Full Power Stats" or simply who at lvl 100 has the higher degree of stats?

Dialga:
    HP = 404
    ATK = 372
    DEF = 372
    SP. ATK = 438
    SP. DEF = 328
    SPD = 306

Palkia:
    HP = 384
    ATK = 372
    DEF = 328
    SP. ATK = 438
    SP. DEF = 372
    SPD = 328

So From this we can see that Dialga has higher HP and DEF whereas Palkia has higher SPD and SP. DEF.

Now comes the "Legend Killer Moves" or simply put the movesets

Dialga:
    Roar of Time: Damage 150 Acc 90 PP 5 Type Dragon
    Thunder: Damage 120 Acc 70 PP 10 Type Electric
    Draco Meteor: Damage 140 Acc 90 PP 5 Type Dragon
    Giga Impact: Damage 150 Acc 90 PP 5 Type Normal

Palkia:
    Spacial Rend: Damage 100 Acc 95 PP 5 Type Dragon
    Thunder: Damage 120 Acc 70 PP 10 Type Electric
    Giga Impact: Damage 150 Acc 90 PP 5 Type Normal
    Draco Meteor: Damage 140 Acc 90 PP 5 Type Dragon

(NOTE: Both movesets are movesets i would use so bare with that)

So both Dialga and Palkia have been kitted out with a moveset. Palkia having one move difference to Dialga being Spacial Rend.

So here comes to tally:

Super Effectiveness = DRAW

Stats = for SPD and SP. DEF PALKIA, For HP and DEF DIALGA

Movesets = Overall Damage DIALGA, Overall Acc PALKIA, Overall PP DRAW Overall Super Effective Moves DRAW

So with that information lets take a look at how the fight may go.

A fight against Palkia and Dialga would start with Palkia making the first move with either Draco Meteor OR (because so many people like it) Spacial Rend. Dialga would retaliate with Draco Meteor OR Roar of Time (but chances of killing with Roar of Time are SLIM).

Second shots would be either the Draco Meteor or again Spacial Rend from Palkia. Now judging that he doesn't miss then he would most probably perform a kill shot there however if he missed then if Dialga did NOT perform Roar of Time the first go and did perform Draco Meteor then a Roar of Time would probably finish the match outright.

So both are very evenly matched but when it comes down to simple versatility of the movesets and due to the fact that i charge headfirst into battle with high powered moves i'd need HP so:

Dialga Wins! And therefore is my favourite :P

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Dragon/Steel only has 2 weaknesses. ._. Your movesets also aren't too great and comparing 2 Pokémon by seeing which one will do better in battle just doesn't work. Also, it's only possible to max out 2 stats so it doesn't work out as easily as you think.

Years
    My favourite would have to be Palkia, although I have Diamond, as Diagla looks terrible compared to Palkis, who looks sleek and smooth, like a true god.

4th_Hokage

Trainer(1 Badge)
    Years
    why do people think that just because you can send people to another dimension or into space it makes you stronger, read this:

palkia and dialga are fighting and palkia decides to send dialga to space before or during it dialga stops time and beats palkia up if that doesn't work he can always go back in time

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    palkia and dialga are fighting and palkia decides to send dialga to space before or during it dialga stops time and beats palkia up if that doesn't work he can always go back in time

palkia decides to rip space and destroy dialga

Dialga looks better IMO, but Palkia's signature move is waaay better than Dialga's. And it's slightly faster.

Meganium Lover

Zuki the Meganium
    Years
    Palkia for me, seeing as I have the Pearl Version. I like the looks of both Dialga and Palkia, of course, but I'm rather fond of lizards. XD And a Water/Dragon type is pretty cool when you think about it. So is Steel/Dragon, though, too. Hmm.

Whatever, I chose Palkia. XD;

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Dragon/Steel only has 2 weaknesses. ._. Your movesets also aren't too great and comparing 2 Pokémon by seeing which one will do better in battle just doesn't work. Also, it's only possible to max out 2 stats so it doesn't work out as easily as you think.

I take that back my bad lol there is only 2 weaknesses, The movesets are set for power which is what i use legendaries for....going through the E4 fast to get money and comparing pokemon via the battle is something i do. This is my way of choice please don't pick fault with it. I don't mind people telling me where i have made errors but could you please not pick at my way of choosing that's just disrespectful.

Also i took the stats from Serebii.net so if they are wrong don't turn to me speak to Serebii.net.

Last edited:

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    I can understand that but it could of been put in that context the way it was wrote i found to be a bit cruel. I know that my way of doing things has bugs and problems yes, I'm still working on it.
    Just sometimes when things are said on a website to one person it may just seem like a comment but to another it may seem like a hurtful one.

Back