• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond and Pearl Gym Leaders?

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Fourth gym leader at the top-right corner is odd looking, therefore, he interests me. But why do most of them have purple hair? I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll just have to wait and see if this is the real set of gym leaders or not.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Wait, Wasn't that first gym leader the leader of team Galaxy too? If so, I see an interesting storyline coming...

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl Gym Leaders?

-This images credit to PokeJungle Network, link in sig.-​

Well, this could be the new set of gym leaders. I think they look awesome if they are real. However, there has been no approval yet.

Seriously lol why would it be fake X)

And if you should credit anyone for the image, it should be the Japanese ImageBoard Paul got it from and failed to credit.

++ I find the 8th Gym leader mysterious, by the image I would assume he would be electric.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, my hopes for abandoning the lame and played gym leader idea have vanished. Now we can only hope that the leaders don't have their team full of the same weakness, or actually have six Pokemon, or heaven forbid the AI will switch out more often than never. I am disappointed with DP, but having it be the same as the previous versions was to be expected.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    Well Serebii have confirmed that these are the official gym leaders, the first gym leader is called Hyouta, and the trainer sprite has also been shown as well, but we don't know the type he uses etc.

rayorojo

Pokemon Trainer in Shinou!
    Years
    I really like Hyouta! And there are so many purple-haired gym leaders, I wonder why. I hope the leaders have interesting Pokemon!

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Well, my hopes for abandoning the lame and played gym leader idea have vanished. Now we can only hope that the leaders don't have their team full of the same weakness, or actually have six Pokemon, or heaven forbid the AI will switch out more often than never. I am disappointed with DP, but having it be the same as the previous versions was to be expected.

I was hoping a little change too but it the staple of the handheld Pokemon games to have gyms. Hopefully the story is good.

Well my guess on the types of gym leaders.

1) Ground
    2)Grass or bug (I feel it more grass)
    3)Psychic (Strange if you ask me since the psychic gym is usally towards the middle but intresting timing here.)
    4)Ice or Water. (Maybe water but it could be ice since we had an water leader in RSE)
    5)Poison. (Could be ghost but I more leaning on poison here since we haven't had a poison gym in a long time)
    6)Steel
    7)Normal (?) (Bit late in the game and too easy if you ask me)
    8)Eletric (Still sounds too easy for the last gym but same could be said in Hoenn. I hope this leader have a trick up his sleeve unlike the last one in RSE)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    possibility to be the new gym leaders huh , well i like the 2,3,7,8 are the ones that are my favorite

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    An again I love the graphics of the game. The first gym leader does look like a nerd. Does anyone agree? The 4th one looks like he's a wresuler so I'm assuming that he's a fighting type Gym leader.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    The first gym leader didn't strike to me as nerdy, just a young miner guy...

And I must say, too, that the cave is cool in 3d. Have you seen the video where the hero goes up in a building of some sort on a elevator-platform? That is where I finally fell in love...

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Anyone notice how Shinou looks distinctively larger than other regions in that pic?

No I havent seen that vid. Can you post a link?

Back