• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond and Pearl UU and NU List

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan
Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    Does anyone have the Underused and Neverused list for Diamond and Pearl (or if it has even been made yet)? I want to build a team using these Pokemon, but I don't know which ones are allowed. I have the 386 List, but I want to use some of the new Pokemon as well. Thanks in advance.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I've never understood why people build teams around themes like specific-generation or metagame... I mean, I understand why people don't use legendaries, but other than that, all Pokemon are fair game! Making a team made of weaker Pokemon on purpose is just asking for someone to hand you your team on a platter with a smug grin and a snicker after you're gone. >.<

Years
  • Maybe you're going to set some ground rules in advance that only UUs are allowed?

An "anything non-uber goes" match IS an Overused match, because Overuseds are the Pokémon that can survive in such a match. The others get no lovin' unless placed in their own tier, where players will battle JUST with them.

Ichida

Years
  • Which makes it a simple contest of "who sucks less than the rest?" Which is just a pitiful charade, IMO. It's like watching someone with no coordination try to play DDR: painful, slow, and yet somehow hilarious.

Years
  • Imagine if you could ONLY play the hardest two or three songs in DDR? That would get kinda dull. And it's not the players who are playing worse in UU, it's just that their Pokémon are kinda weaker. The matches are just as fun and interesting.

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    I actually am tired of using OU Pokemon. It's actually too easy to beat all my friends around here. My Metagross and Blissey raped everyone at my school, neighborhood, you name it. It's not surprising when I beat someone's level 100 Mewtwo with Blissey or Metagross. I want to try and beat someone with like a Pachirisu or Butterfree something. That would be fun. Plus, I like to be different. I see the Pokemon I use EVERYWHERE. It's not really fun when I always see Tyranitar vs. Metagross or Blissey vs. Sp attacker and stuff.

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • UU is just for people who want to try something different and new. Its not all "Haha I KO'ed your poke in one hit" sort of thing. Its actually more fun and challenging.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    yea, well, i always tried to do what the kinky lady from the johto elite four said; try winning with your favourites.. but i guess my favourites are quite overused.. i suggest you wait for the first reasonable wifi tournament and then complain about it all being too easy..

flyingace24

#1 Laker Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    yea, well, i always tried to do what the kinky lady from the johto elite four said; try winning with your favourites.. but i guess my favourites are quite overused.. i suggest you wait for the first reasonable wifi tournament and then complain about it all being too easy..

I really want to try one of those tournaments. Netbattle is fun, but you don't have to train your Pokemon at all.
    The UU team is for when I battle with my friends. I'll probably use my Emerald team mixed in with a few DPers if I ever do battle online.

Anyway, is there a UU list? We're kinda getting off topic. If not, then I guess I'll just have to wait.

Ichida

Years
  • I really want to try one of those tournaments. Netbattle is fun, but you don't have to train your Pokemon at all.

With Diamond and Pearl released, NetBattle is now only for people who are either too lazy to raise a team for real, aren't skilled enough to adapt to the new P/S split, don't have a DS, or just can't adapt to change in general. :P God knows NB will eventually update for D/P, and as previously implied, there will be many many n00bs who still cling to the old mechanics.

metroid fan

Portable builder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    A lot of the pokemon I like are very OU but they are just my favorites, I really like Skarmory and Heracross and they are two of the most OU in the game. Yet I also like Porygon-Z, Dunsparce, and Lanturn and they aren't nearly as used as a lot of others but they make the game a lot more fun to battle on.

AnarchaArcana

Team Bulbasaur!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    Way-Off-Topic

I am really disappointed that Skarmory is so popular... I thought I was the only one in love with that Metal Chicken x.x

-Anarchana!

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    I like the idea, but who decides if a poke is uu or nu or ou?

exactly.. when you really like a pokemon you shouldt be surprised when a lot of other trainers also are fund of it. populism really isn't as terrible as it sounds ;)!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    you probably get the idea which pokemon is UU and NU just by looking at their stats and to some extent their movepools and abilities.

somehow i recall most of the pokemon in D/P are quite good statistically, which exception to the usual bug types and stuff.

Mastabreeda

Master Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • SC
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    With Diamond and Pearl released, NetBattle is now only for people who are either too lazy to raise a team for real, aren't skilled enough to adapt to the new P/S split, don't have a DS, or just can't adapt to change in general. :P God knows NB will eventually update for D/P, and as previously implied, there will be many many n00bs who still cling to the old mechanics.

Ya like how bite turned into a physical attack from Sp. attack :P

AnarchaArcana

Team Bulbasaur!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    I like the idea, but who decides if a poke is uu or nu or ou?

Well the way I see it there are two ways we could come up with a list like that... (there are more ways of course, these are just the two I can think of now)

1: Players who compete in lots of online battles and highly competitive tournaments will gradually get a sense for what is and what isn't being used, Pokemon wise, and someone will start a thread with a proposed "Minor League" Pokemon list, then it will be debated/revised/modified, and eventually you will have a community accepted standard that will hopefully catch on and be posted widely.

2: You could approach the problem strictly mathematically. Any Pokemon that has a total of its Base Stats with a neutral nature, at level 100 (as based on the game data) that is less than 500 (or any other number depending how limiting/open you want your League to be) is allowed to be used. Any pokemon breed that has base stats above the bar are not allowed. You can find out where your pokemon size up to the bar on sites like

pokemon.marriland.com's Pokedex
    and
    www.serebii.net's Pokedex

I think the second method would be easier to make and enforce, but leaves open the potential for abuse and mistakes (Pokemon being left out that are underused, Pokemon being left in that are overused.)

Just my thoughts.

-Anarchana!

Last edited:
    Back