• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond OR Pearl?

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    there is essentially no difference, just whether you want palkia or dialga. i took pearl, because at the time i liked palkia's looks better

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
  • Pearl, because Palkia's cry doesn't sound like a cat being killed with a sledgehammer. And it has Misdreavus, which evolves into the awesome Mismagius.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I got Pearl first... because of Houndoom.

But over the internet, you can essentially trade for any pokemon you want.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    It depends on what Pokemon you want in your team..

Find out which Pokemon only come on which game, and then decide what you want that way.

If all the ones you want are on both games, just get it depending on whether or not you want Dialga or Palkia, Iguess.

Ryu Hoshi

Traveling fighter for hire
    Years
  • Diamond.Dialga is much cooler lookin,and Palkia's head looks funny.I dont wanna say anything dirty but I think people can use there Imaginations

eternal_prince_neptune

Expert Pokémon Pearl Trainer
    Years
  • Hi!

Take Pearl, it's better than Diamond--

4 example: Glameow is better than Stunky, or Spheal is better than Seal, or Misdreavus is better than Murkrow--

And Palkia is MUCH better than Dialga, for 4 reasons:
    1- Its cry doesn't sound like Dialga's (the same of a Perish song XD)
    2- Its astethically better
    3- It has only a weakness (dragon) , until Dialga's 2 (dragon and fighting, i think)
    4- Finally, Palkia's a Water-type, better than Steel-type

Wish I helped ya--

Bye (2 everyone)!

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    A lot of people think Palkia is a stronger pokemon then dialga, but I think you should choose the gem you think is good.

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
    Years
  • The only difference is Dialga and Palkia and other pokemon that only appear in each game. But thanks to Wi-Fi and the GTS you can get all the pokemon in each version so choose based on Dialga or Palkia.

funkeboodha

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    go with Pearl. more ppl have Diamond and therefore more want to trade with you.

Back