• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Battling

What battle method do you use?

• The traditional buttons!

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • The fabulous touchscreen!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • A little both!

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Ahh...the touch screen makes things so much easier. I mean, if I didn't have my stylus, I'd still be able to use the traditional buttons, but the touch screen is a lot faster =P

Years
    Buttons. When you use the touch screen, you have a chance mis-touching. With the buttons, you can never go wrong.

T.T You would have to have some fat fingers to 'mis-touch'. Either that, or you're rushing through things, in which case you have just as equal chance of 'mis-clicking' using the buttons.

I like playing sitting or laying, if at all. Relaxing with stylus in hand, using the touch screen. :P Makes for an enjoyable experience.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    I use the buttons, the touch screen... and sometimes when I am tired and can't focus I use the top screen too. sadly that does nothing but ruin it... :(

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    I use the touchscreen, I don't recall ever using the buttons. I prefer the touchscreen and now it's just a reaction to grab out the stylus while booting up Emerald.

-Neku Sakuraba

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I use the touchscreen, since I'm rarely stood up doing anything and I find it a lot faster. I don't find it a problem to hold on to the stylus when I'm not using it, and I can still use my fingernails on the screen because I bought screen protectors as soon as I got the DS =P They're lifesavers!

Years
    I'm a screen toucher, so to speak. I hold the stylus between two fingers while in the overworld view, but I use it for battling because of the ease in use.

Final Fantasy

High five!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    I'm a screen toucher, so to speak. I hold the stylus between two fingers while in the overworld view, but I use it for battling because of the ease in use.

I'm the same as you, but occaisionally I use the D-pad.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    I use both...Mainly the touch screen because it is fast! But when I am to lazy to pick up my stylus then I click with my fingers...and if all else fails then I use the buttons.

Years
    I've used the touch screen ever since the game came out. I've grown too use to it so I probably won't be using the buttons for battling anytime soon.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    At first I used the touchscreen, but after losing a stylus [which I've found] and after playing waaaaay too much, I just use buttons. X3
    Wayyy easier.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I use a little of both.
    Due to my lack of stylus I can't help but just use the buttons especially when I don't want to much effort into playing the game. If I ever decided to get Stylus then I might use that instead, but I can still use the touchscreen every so often.

Back