• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
    ok one day i used an ar code to get 95 tms of all on my bros game (just messin with it..) i saved after i got the tms and turned it off.
    After 5 day of playin it i went into his tm case and under like tm 70 somethin was HM6 -!!!
    HM6 type:Normal pp0 acc.0 and the power of it 0
    does not say use only options are give and exit
    I give it to my starly and it was still in my bag and on my starly! its really weird!!!
    So far nothing else seems to be weird about it...

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    I did the same thing too with a wifi friend and he cloned his shiny dialga and I lost a shiny lugia. Sweetness. 8D

You can not ever lose your pokemon if you do the following things:
    1. DON'T YOU EVER DARE OFFER FOR A 0-9 LV ABOMASNOW OR LV 100 ABRA. This is really too common and hackers have stashes of these pokemon and will swipe your clone as soon as you put it up. To avoid falling victim to a hacker, you have to think like one. If you had access to any pokemon in the world, which pokemon would you never catch and keep in your box? Make your offers level 100 female: Spoink, Baltoy, Venonat, Pineco, Zubat, Pidgey, Slowpoke, etc etc or any starter or fossil pokemon. Hackers won't have one in their box and you'll never lose your pokemon again. Also, if you dexed Arceus already, put him as your offer since your pokemon won't show up to any other person since Arceus is filtered out of the GTS for being an unobtainable pokemon. I haven't tried Shaymin/Darkrai yet but Arceus is nice to use an the offer.
    2. When determining the time to shut of your DS, always shut it at least before the trade process begins. If you happen to see that it's going in and you realize you're way too late, let the offer go through and take your pokemon back as quickly as you can. As long as you trade too early, your pokemn never goes through and you'll still have it. Go too late, and it'll be gone from your party and in the system. Go at the right time and it'll go in but your save will backup and you'll also have it in your party.
    I hope these two tips helped everyone. They can't patch it since they'll have to change everyone's game too. And it's only disconnecting now because of a busy server and too many people are on it and it busted. Nintendo is too cheap to buy a bigger one. 8D

What do you mean "go to late"? If you mean when the pokemon is in the pokeball and flying up, then you're wrong. I tried cloning my Infernape and turned my game off and on and I still had my Infernape-it just wasn't cloned.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I just found an interesting glitch.

If you receive a pokemon (via GTS) from a person in Japan and you try to evolve it, its name will revert back to the english translation.

NOTE: I only encountered this when I recieved a Magikarp, I don't know if it happens to all of them.

Not true, because I got a Cascoon (Japanese) and evolved it into Dustox, but the name stayed the same.

So there's my glitch, but since I don't know Japanese, it might be a nickname.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    i found 2 glitches in the game so far while playing.

1 is Toxic, when you use it on a enemy pokemon it doesn't work like it says it should (like other games it works by sapping more Hp every turn).

The second is when I was entering Jubilife, this happened twice. The city was pure white. and then I entered a building and came out and it was back to normal. Both during 740-8am ish.

Does any1 have any yet?

aceglen

Professional Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    ledgendary glitches

i read that those ledgendary glithes were fixed when the games were realeased in america

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    Yup they were cause i was trying to do it. I couldn't use surf on the door so I used the AR cheat to walk thur anything and then I followed the directions and I couldn't use the Exploration kit on all of them.

So nope the glitches don't work for the American games of Diamond or Pearl. Which bites cause i wanted Shaymin.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Okay, from what I can tell the worst that can happen is that you can lose a Pokemon.

I've seen one person say there game has been deleted, which I guess can happen, but is probably rare.

So, basically I would say: Don't offer anything too valuable, because you can lose it.

And so far I've only cloned one, but it does work. I generally do it right after 8 times the clock spins around.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    To Get Darkrai & Shaymin without going to any Pokemon event, you need an Action Replay. (Its Very Similiar to the Japan Glitch! Just no darkpatches and underground kit use. Just running on water!)

Use the Run anywhere.

NewMoon Island is to the right of Fullmoon Island, run Straight across and Darkrai is there. (lv. 40)

Flower Meadows is Straight up from the Tip of Route 224, just keep running up the flowery path and Shaymin will be at the tipty top of the Path. (lv. 30)

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    I though I might add an english version glitch. I was in the lost tower and I ran into some farmer guys. A double battle. This is what happened.

"You have been challenged by
    Farmer (Forgot Name) & (Forgot Name) & (Forgot Name)!

Why does it have three names when I'm battling two people?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back